sorcerer leader on defence

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Faello

sorcerer leader on defence

Post by Faello »

Why is sorcerer leader using arcane attack while being on defence vs. enemy units using ranged attack?

It's obvious that player wants his leader to receive the smallest amount of damage possible during his opponents turn, yet somehow in every unit vs. sorc leader situation, sorc leader always responds with arcane attack, unless it can die in that single ranged vs. ranged exchange, thus this unit survivability is lower than expected.

Perhaps someone should take care of it, because this illogical auto-choice can easily affect the outcome of the game
Attachments
2p_-_The_Freelands_Turn_16_(6734).gz
(19.57 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
pauxlo

Re: sorcerer leader on defence

Post by pauxlo »

It looks like a bug.

Although I can think of a situation where using the weaker attack is sensible:

When there are a lot of low-level enemy archers which have a high chance of dying by the full attack, thus making space to the next one. This way they can suicide one after another, killing your sorcerer on the way.

(This is similar to a horde of walking corpses attacking a paladin in valley of the death in HttH.)
tekelili

Re: sorcerer leader on defence

Post by tekelili »

I am interested in this issue. I already opened a thread about it http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33775
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II