progress bar on the first screen

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

progress bar on the first screen

Post by Eleazar »

I think it really great that we now have a progress bar when Wesnoth is launched rather than a pure black screen.

Now can someone make it more consistent with the rest of the game's style?
Attachments
startup.jpg
startup.jpg (82.23 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

moved to code and patch...

and, Eleazaar, you really want to talk to kvasir about that, he's the one that done the original patch
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Kvasir
Code Contributor

Post by Kvasir »

Should be fairly easy to do so I will update it to the requested style as soon as I feel like it but I doubt it will get to it before May.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Kvasir - already done, but there's plenty of other areas to contribute (including more GUI stuff) when you are ready. Thanks for the cool progressbar.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Kvasir
Code Contributor

Post by Kvasir »

I updated my svn copy today and I noticed it didn't yet include the logo. I added the necessary code for it. Currently it is still placed in the middle of the space between the top end of the progress bar (which is in the middle of the screen) and the top of the screen. If someone wants to specify another location for the logo and bar I can easily change it.

My own idea for a potential future change is to have some WML command to increment the progress bar so that it could be used when waiting for campaigns to load (which is on my PC often longer.than the startup wait).