Progress bar

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

there are two files, loadscreen.cpp and loadscreen_empty.cpp

they generate the same functions, but one of them does nothing

you can still build wesnothd as easily as before

that might not be the most elegant solution, but it works...
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Well, I have a little problem with our new progress bar. I have loads of userdata, so while it is "Reading files and creating cache", the progress bar actually fills up all the way, and it keeps loading after that.

Might there be some way to guess beforehand how much data there is to load?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Kvasir
Code Contributor

Post by Kvasir »

Unless someone changed it there is no option to do that without adapting and rebuilding the source. Again unless someone changed it the loadscreen code prints out how many times the functions in which progress is monitored are called. Inside the code for each of those functions there is a constant that I set to the printed value on my system (svn from some time ago) when I made the patch. To have it work correctly with your system you should set the constants in the code to the value printed on your system.

I could easily automate this (except for the first time) by printing the values in a configuration file and reading it back from there. For the first time some estimation based on the number and size of the files might give decent results but writing the code to do this on all platforms will probably require a lot of work and is not something I am really familiar with.