Search found 626 matches

by Ceres
August 23rd, 2012, 5:31 pm
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: ChaosRider’s WML questions
Replies: 459
Views: 34069

Re: Problem with creating unit...

The error message says you created a unit without a type. And I suspect that this snippet from the definition of CHANGE_WATER_LEADER is the reason: [unit] [modifications] canrecruit=yes ai_special=leader [object] [effect] apply_to=hitpoints increase=150 increase_total=150 [/effect] [effect] apply_to...
by Ceres
August 21st, 2012, 9:47 pm
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: Help with WML for a particular scenario
Replies: 133
Views: 10744

Re: Help with WML for a particular scenario

Small correction: it should be

Code: Select all

[modify_unit]
    [filter]
        id=id_of_great_mage
    [/filter]
    moves=0
[/modify_unit]
by Ceres
July 20th, 2012, 7:12 pm
Forum: Users’ Forum
Topic: Introduce yourself here!
Replies: 594
Views: 142427

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Nobody gets deleted just for having no posts. If you mean this, it only applied to accounts that were neither confirmed nor used to log in on the MP server.
by Ceres
July 13th, 2012, 8:56 pm
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: ChaosRider’s WML questions
Replies: 459
Views: 34069

Re: Its me again :D.

[set_variables] [value] variable_x=0 [/value] [set_variables] First, the closing tag misses a "/". Second, [set_variables] is for arrays, if you want to set a single variable you have to use this: [set_variable] name=variable_x value=0 [/set_variable] or, alternatively, the shortened form {VARIABLE...
by Ceres
July 10th, 2012, 9:47 am
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: set variable
Replies: 4
Views: 477

Re: set variable

Because it's {Potion $x $y}, not {Potion x y}. Put $ in front of a variable name if you want the variable to be replaced by its value.
by Ceres
July 9th, 2012, 8:47 pm
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: duel scenario endings
Replies: 10
Views: 937

Re: duel scenario endings

[else] [have_unit] side=3 canrecruit=yes [/have_unit] You can't do that - [else] is supposed to contain only ActionWML, no conditions. So you'd have to write this: [else] [if] [have_unit] side=3 canrecruit=yes [/have_unit] [then] ... [/then] [/if]
by Ceres
July 2nd, 2012, 12:29 pm
Forum: Strategies & Tips
Topic: Descent into Darkness Question
Replies: 8
Views: 2194

Re: Descent into Darkness Question

Is this a recent change? Last time I did DiD I deliberately suicided immediately once I got to those levels but I'm pretty sure I got my laurels. That would have been with 1.9.10. I'm not sure, I vaguely remember losing when I tried to get Malin killed immediately in 1.8 or 1.9. Anyway, in 1.10 you...
by Ceres
July 1st, 2012, 12:18 am
Forum: Strategies & Tips
Topic: Delfadors Memoirs Help
Replies: 3
Views: 776

Re: Delfadors Memoirs Help

If you've got undead units on your recall list, you have to use them to kill him. If you don't have any, you can use Delfador. At least that's how I read the scenario file.
by Ceres
June 30th, 2012, 8:05 pm
Forum: Strategies & Tips
Topic: Descent into Darkness Question
Replies: 8
Views: 2194

Re: Descent into Darkness Question

I want to add that you have to beat the scenario once (if you let Malin die right away you'll lose).
by Ceres
June 25th, 2012, 3:13 pm
Forum: Users’ Forum
Topic: Is westnorth has too great variability in probability?
Replies: 16
Views: 2637

Re: Is westnorth has too great variability in probability?

Maybe you mean this thread? Sauron once made a mod to remove/lessen the randomness' influence, but I haven't heard anything about it recently, so I don't know if it's still maintained. Yes, randomness does play a role in the game, the clue is (among other things) to know what to do if your initial p...
by Ceres
June 24th, 2012, 6:13 pm
Forum: Strategies & Tips
Topic: How to play Knalgan?
Replies: 10
Views: 2288

Re: How to play Knalgan?

Against ghosts, I'd suggest Thunderers. Two Thunderer hits can kill a ghost at any time of day. Use poachers to reliably kill 1-2 HP ghosts. Use Footpads to encicrle stray ghosts, so the can't flee to a village, then whittle them down with ranged attacks.
by Ceres
June 24th, 2012, 4:45 pm
Forum: Users’ Forum
Topic: Is westnorth has too great variability in probability?
Replies: 16
Views: 2637

Re: Is westnorth has too great variability in probability?

The probability you hit an enemy unit depends on the terrain the enemy unit is standing on. If the unit has 40% defense that means your chance to hit is 60%. So you should try luring opposing forces into terrain where they have low defense. But even if your chance to hit is like 80%, it may still ha...
by Ceres
June 20th, 2012, 10:07 pm
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: No Movement Points
Replies: 11
Views: 1209

Re: No Movement Points

You could set the unit's max_moves to 0.
by Ceres
June 19th, 2012, 5:34 pm
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: Stupid Question about indention
Replies: 5
Views: 935

Re: Stupid Question about indention

Indentation is purely for readability and should never cause any problems. I always use tab indent and it always worked. If there are any problems, the error lies probably somewhere else (like linebreaks).
by Ceres
June 18th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Forum: Scenario & Campaign Development
Topic: Campaign Bug Issues
Replies: 9
Views: 1185

Re: Campaign Bug Issues

Nested quoted string errors usually tell you that there's a quote missing somewhere. Notepad counted 37 quotes in your scenario, which can't be right and is most likely ther error's reason.

(Hint: line 66)