Search found 3460 matches

by Pentarctagon
June 18th, 2009, 4:01 pm
Forum: Strategies & Tips
Topic: Role of Fencers?
Replies: 88
Views: 7540

Re: Role of Fencers?

As far as I'm concerned, the answer to "do you properly weight the effects of a 3% chance event?" is no. 0.97 * $10 - 0.03 * $200 = $3.70. You would expect to win on average $3.70 for every time you play this game. i would just like to point out that expected value doesnt really work to well with e...
by Pentarctagon
June 18th, 2009, 5:51 am
Forum: Strategies & Tips
Topic: Role of Fencers?
Replies: 88
Views: 7540

Re: Role of Fencers?

Let's say there's this game. It costs nothing to play. There's a 97% chance you'll win $10 and a 3% chance you'll have to pay $200. Would you play? im not sure. i guess first off is how can it cost nothing to play if i have a 3% chance of paying $200 :hmm: ? hm. i would have to say no. while the 97...
by Pentarctagon
June 18th, 2009, 1:24 am
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: file not found errors
Replies: 4
Views: 466

file not found errors

i was just wondering, is it normal for the stderr.txt file to have accumulated over 450 errors in one day? all of the errors are 'file not found' and it comes up multiple times for the same file not found but still.

PS-wesnoth still works fine, i was just curious.
by Pentarctagon
June 18th, 2009, 1:08 am
Forum: Strategies & Tips
Topic: Role of Fencers?
Replies: 88
Views: 7540

Re: Role of Fencers?

Do people really have this "RNG paranoia" and respond irrationally to randomness? Maybe i'm just an exception, but there have been multiple times, sometimes more than once in a match, when i have attacked a unit and had a 85%+ chance of killing it and then less than a 3% chance of dying and it dies...
by Pentarctagon
June 17th, 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum: Strategies & Tips
Topic: Blitzkrieg! (the value of speed in Wesnoth)
Replies: 172
Views: 19917

Re: Blitzkrieg! (the value of speed in Wesnoth)

blitzkrieg tactics can be really effective when using drakes, since their units have high movement as well as lots of hp and high damage. however, as long as your units are on good terrain when they attack, the drakes really dont stand a chance since they are attacking from 30%/40% dodge. meanwhile ...
by Pentarctagon
June 17th, 2009, 12:48 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Development
Topic: 4p-Viper Mines
Replies: 18
Views: 1726

Re: 4p-Viper Mines

maybe something like this? I edited out some of the desert with dirt path and also changed some of the mountains to hills since it seemed like the dwarves were getting 70% dodge on the borders a lot.
by Pentarctagon
June 17th, 2009, 1:53 am
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: 1.7 crashed...[solved]
Replies: 1
Views: 301

Re: 1.7 crashed...[solved]

if it was an addon error, you could have just removed the addon that started the problem and then reinstalled it.
by Pentarctagon
June 17th, 2009, 1:50 am
Forum: Multiplayer Development
Topic: feedback wanted on 3 custom maps (really)
Replies: 7
Views: 964

Re: feedback wanted on 3 custom maps

lol, yes, pie is good :)
by Pentarctagon
June 17th, 2009, 12:48 am
Forum: Multiplayer Development
Topic: 4p-Viper Mines
Replies: 18
Views: 1726

Re: 4p-Viper Mines

Is the idea really that hard to understand? Any more negative comments on the intentional apects of the design are not welcome. you are going to be getting a lot of positive feedback then. and its not that its hard to understand, its just that this map is so much different compared to most other ma...
by Pentarctagon
June 16th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Development
Topic: 4p-Viper Mines
Replies: 18
Views: 1726

Re: 4p-Viper Mines

The job of P1 and P2 is to stall P3 and P4 as long as possible before dying. seems like kind of a wierd team map where 2 of the players are almost garenteed to die. also, wouldn't dwarves in particular be favored for that task in the mines since its mostly cave floor? saurians would also be favored...
by Pentarctagon
June 16th, 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum: Scenario & Campaign Development
Topic: Invasion from the Unknown (1.14.4) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY
Replies: 195
Views: 41657

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.12.0) for Wesnoth 1.6 ONLY

im playing episode 1, The Gauntlet, and i get all the way to the bottom and i get to the keep right infront of the gates. and nothing happens. am i going to the wrong place or something?
by Pentarctagon
June 15th, 2009, 6:06 am
Forum: Multiplayer Development
Topic: 4p-Viper Mines
Replies: 18
Views: 1726

Re: 4p-Viper Mines

I did add a lot of forests to the north to make the map a bit more elf-friendly but there is little action that occurs there and the forests are not critical at all to hold. If anything, I would expect elves to be at a disadvantage. I really don't know yet. as far as i can tell, the only way to go ...
by Pentarctagon
June 15th, 2009, 2:46 am
Forum: Multiplayer Development
Topic: 4p-Viper Mines
Replies: 18
Views: 1726

Re: 4p-Viper Mines

the map looks cool, but it seems really unbalanced. its players 1+4 vs player 2+3, but players 1 and 2 can only recruit 1 unit per turn, while players 2 and 3 have 13 spaces to recruit. this gives players 1 and 2 almost no chance to survive since they are located 5 spaces away from the keeps of play...
by Pentarctagon
June 13th, 2009, 10:51 pm
Forum: Users’ Forum
Topic: Some things I appreciate.
Replies: 16
Views: 1441

Re: Some things I appreciate.

i appreciate elf archers and shamen 70% dodge of forest :)
by Pentarctagon
June 13th, 2009, 6:51 am
Forum: Multiplayer Development
Topic: Help needed with creating a survival
Replies: 5
Views: 702

Re: Help needed with creating a survival

[event] name=prestart [message] image=data/core/images/portraits/elves/sorceress.png side_for=1 message= _ "the message" [/message] [/event] this is what i have in the cfg for the map. however, when i actually play the map, it says that side one is the person saying it. i was wondering if there was...