[Suggestion] Add a generic creator-info widget for all campaigns

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
shevegen

[Suggestion] Add a generic creator-info widget for all campaigns

Post by shevegen »

Right now I am playing thorough the nameless fellowship saga. What I found interesting is the art - the art seems quite
distinct from other art before. So I want to know who the author is. Actually, the artist - the one who drew the art for that
campaign.

I can search, and find out, but I am a lazy man. I would like to have that information available as a per-scenario setting
for all campaigns, as-is.

Ideally within the game such as "show campaign background information" or some entry like that.

Here, we should list all authors. Perhaps this already exists stored in XML, so this may then only be a new entry
to show the authors. Perhaps also by allowing you to jump to the profile of the author in the forum (but this is
a secondary suggestion; the "make it easy to find out ALL authors" is the primary part of the suggestion here).

If this functionality already exists then perhaps it can be made more prominent. Half of the top menu while playing
wesnoth I never used or looked at in general - only when I had a use case, such as disabling audio that interferes
with background music from youtube ... :D (I do like in-game effects though.)
Toranks
Translator

Re: [Suggestion] Add a generic creator-info widget for all campaigns

Post by Toranks »

Currently it is what appears when a campaign is finished, the credits
egallager

Post by egallager »

Toranks wrote: February 24th, 2023, 7:07 pm Currently it is what appears when a campaign is finished, the credits
CreditsWML could definitely be improved, though; like, there are a bunch of keys for it that don't actually currently do anything...
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Adding a button to view a campaign's credits without playing through the campaign also doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.