Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Svetac

Attack buttons

Post by Svetac »

Been talking with Dave about these, and here's the first bunsh of them:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Seven of them for start, more to come. If I counted good, I need to do only 33-40 more :shock: But no problem, I'm fast with these. I made the above seven in one day.
Last edited by Svetac on January 6th, 2004, 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
azlan

Lol..

Post by azlan »

Lol.. It's not even possibe to compare your work with mine.. :oops:

Take a look
|----------------------|
| The Lion is Back |
|----------------------|
Svetac

Post by Svetac »

Hey c'mon, your butons are good, only small. And as you can see I've used them as reference ;)
azlan

Weapons..

Post by azlan »

:) thanks... But fmunoz told me to make em in 16x16 .. :roll:
So thay are small... I can upload some bigger in 48x48.. And maby you can use em.. In PNG transparent..

Keep looking on the site..
|----------------------|
| The Lion is Back |
|----------------------|
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Looks cool! I am putting them in the game right now! :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Svetac

Post by Svetac »

Dave I'm glad you like them. More are under way, but I'm on hold now due to New Year holidays here, and I'll be away from the computer for several days. But please tell me how do they look in game? Are you satisfied with it? Are they gonna enter 7.0?
azlan

My weapons..

Post by azlan »

Svetac: Here are my weapons..
|----------------------|
| The Lion is Back |
|----------------------|
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Actually we might need 16x16 versions too, to show on the unit summary. I can just auto-scale the larger ones in-game though, and we'll see how that looks.

Svetac, they look pretty good in-game, although I'm not sure about the background - just having a transperant background might work better.

I have committed them to CVS and intend them to be in version 0.7. You can see them for yourself: http://wesnoth.whitevine.net/forum/phpB ... .php?t=516 (and in that snapshot, to add them to the game for yourself, just put the image file in images/misc with the name <weapon>.png - e.g. images/misc/sword.png)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

What are these buttons for? Are they going to be on the right side of the screen under the unit stats? Or will the cursor change to that image when you hover over an enemy unit? Or is this in the dialog box where you compare your chances of hitting an enemy? They look good, although I agree a transparent background might work better.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

quartex wrote:What are these buttons for? Are they going to be on the right side of the screen under the unit stats? Or will the cursor change to that image when you hover over an enemy unit? Or is this in the dialog box where you compare your chances of hitting an enemy? They look good, although I agree a transparent background might work better.
This is the dialog box where you select the weapon to use to attack with.
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

I think the text should be centered vertically to the right of the pic.
Svetac

Post by Svetac »

Dave wrote:Actually we might need 16x16 versions too, to show on the unit summary. I can just auto-scale the larger ones in-game though, and we'll see how that looks.

Svetac, they look pretty good in-game, although I'm not sure about the background - just having a transperant background might work better.
Okay. let's first see how the scaled down versions look. If they look OK we keep them, if they do not look OK I'll do them in that size too.

As for the background I wouldn't want to have them against transparent background because I will lose the outer antialiasing and with that lose their smoothness. Dave how about changing the background colors to fit the ones of the dialog box?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Svetac wrote:
As for the background I wouldn't want to have them against transparent background because I will lose the outer antialiasing and with that lose their smoothness. Dave how about changing the background colors to fit the ones of the dialog box?
Problem is that that is not very flexible if we wanted to change the dialog box backgrounds in future.

This would be solved if we allowed an entire 0-255 alpha channel, yes?

David
Svetac

Post by Svetac »

Yes, alfa channel can solve this, and can be neat for many other effects too. So, your call Dave. Should I do them without background or with. Also, the background is different layer in my works. So if tommorow we want to change the dialog box colors in the future, it will be 30 mins. work for me to change the backgrounds on the weapons, so expect no problems there.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Svetac wrote:Yes, alfa channel can solve this, and can be neat for many other effects too. So, your call Dave. Should I do them without background or with. Also, the background is different layer in my works. So if tommorow we want to change the dialog box colors in the future, it will be 30 mins. work for me to change the backgrounds on the weapons, so expect no problems there.
Okay how about for now you do them with same background as is behind the dialogs, and later I may see about alpha channel support?

Main concern with alpha channel support is it will be slower on older machines.

David