Anyone still playing Wesnoth?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

BernalTurado

Anyone still playing Wesnoth?

Post by BernalTurado » December 2nd, 2019, 7:48 am

There doesn't seem to be a lot of activity here.

I think this is a highly underrated game. I am not playing it right now but I did years ago and in my experience it has much more to offer than all those Android/Google Play mobile games - several of which I have been trying for months but all the nice graphics notwithstanding, they can't compete with a game like Wesnoth. For one thing, Wesnoth does not give me the feeling I have to toil away and grind, grind, grind all day long like a slave to get my points count up and attain yet another new level. Not to mention the in-game purchases you are expected to engage in as, if you don't, your game play will be comparatively severely restricted, being reduced to the grinding I was mentioning.

These were just a few thoughts... feel free to add or refute, as you wish.

max_torch

Re: Anyone still playing Wesnoth?

Post by max_torch » December 2nd, 2019, 8:02 am

Not playing but I lurk in the forums, waiting until I have time to play it again.

lhybrideur

Re: Anyone still playing Wesnoth?

Post by lhybrideur » December 2nd, 2019, 1:32 pm

Same for me. On a side project right now, but I still have a Wesnoth add-on to finish creating and two or three campaigns to finish playing.