Wesnoth - new version?

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

shevegen

Wesnoth - new version?

Post by shevegen » May 15th, 2019, 5:49 pm

Hello,

I made a break again some time ago, largely due to reallife. Every now and then I look back to wesnoth to see what is new.

I am reluctant to try out the 1.14.x branch largely because I know it quite well and am more curious about anything that may
change. I think a few wesnoth devs are working on curious things on their github account.

So now to my two questions:

a) Does anyone have some ~rough idea when a new major version of wesnoth may be released? Does not have to be exact, any ~half-a-year estimate is perfectly fine.

b) And what interesting changes may we see in that?

EarthCake

Re: Wesnoth - new version?

Post by EarthCake » May 15th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Here is something we can see in new version. Note that this all is optional and up to developers.

Tad_Carlucci
Developer

Re: Wesnoth - new version?

Post by Tad_Carlucci » May 15th, 2019, 7:22 pm

If he feels his changes warrant inclusion, I'm sure he'll either put them in himself or make a Pull Request so the rest of us can take a look at them.

As to the OP's questions:

a) Nope. Anyone who says they do is wrong. Some of us might have a date in mind but, I hope, we're all experienced enough, and wise enough, to keep it to ourselves.

b) Take a look at the running changelog on GitHub. _I_ may think it's interesting to refactor Gender away from the base unit type, but I'm sure you'll find that a big yawn.
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.