How do I successfuly play Drakes in multiplayer?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

DwarvenRogue

How do I successfuly play Drakes in multiplayer?

Post by DwarvenRogue » September 25th, 2018, 10:53 pm

:D Hello, all. I am new to the multiplayer side of Wesnoth, so I have been trying to figure out some strategies for playing each faction. Incase you did not realize from my username, my favorite faction is Knalga 8) . I am posting because I could not figure out any good strategies for Drakes. It seems like every other faction can easily counter drakes with some sort of 2-unit spam and the drakes have such poor defense that I cannot counter the spam with good terrain. Saurian spam works sometimes, but only when luck is on my side. I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on playing Drakes. :)
We will descend upon the foe, we will overwhelm them, we will leave none alive! Meanwhile our guardsmen will ensure the full defense of our headquarters. We are the Footpads! We are Thursagan's fury!!

otzenpunk

Re: How do I successfuly play Drakes in multiplayer?

Post by otzenpunk » September 26th, 2018, 11:42 am

This wiki page might be a good start, in case you haven't read it already. https://wiki.wesnoth.org/How_to_play_Drakes

DwarvenRogue

Re: How do I successfuly play Drakes in multiplayer?

Post by DwarvenRogue » September 26th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Thanks otzenpunk! I have not read the wiki and did not know the game had one.
We will descend upon the foe, we will overwhelm them, we will leave none alive! Meanwhile our guardsmen will ensure the full defense of our headquarters. We are the Footpads! We are Thursagan's fury!!