After about a month, the sixth release of the 1.11.x development branch is here! As it is the norm with development releases, it contain many more bugs than the latest stable release from the 1.10.x series. Additionally, 1.10.x content might not be compatible with 1.11.x due to various changes in the game engine and WML syntax done in the development branch.
Don’t be disappointed if the game crashes every now and then — regular players wanting a stable gaming experience should not use this release, and stick to the stable branch instead. However, if you want to test the future of Wesnoth and help us find bugs so they can be fixed in a timely fashion, you are more than welcome to check out this release. If you find a bug, please do not assume that it is so obvious that we already know about it! Report it and make sure that we are aware of it!
Some of the changes in this release include:
- The Description box in the Add-ons Manager dialog now lists dependencies for the selected add-on, colored according to their installation status.
- Various Micro-AI improvements, including the addition of a “Hang out” Micro-AI.
- The Wose units race now has a description for the help system, courtesy of [url=forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=38897]the_beagle[/url].
- Unit ellipses now forcefully reflects whether a unit has a ZoC or not. As a side-effect, ellipse=misc/ellipse-nozoc in [unit_type] and [unit] will result in missing ellipses (the game will try to load files following the misc/ellipse-nozoc-nozoc-*.png pattern instead).
- [modify_side] can now modify the scroll_to_leader attribute. However, [store_side] support for storing this attribute will only come in 1.11.7.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth/files/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.11.6/wesnoth-1.11.6.tar.bz2/download (380.8 MB) md5sum
Here is the XDelta for the sources:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth/files/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.11.6/wesnoth-1.11.5.tar-wesnoth-1.11.6.tar.xdelta/download (1.11.5 to 1.11.6, 15.2 MB)
Check http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=7034 for information on using XDelta.
The Windows package is already available. You can find it on the download page.
The Mac OS X package is not available yet. Once it is you can find it on the download page.
The OpenPandora package is not available yet. Once it is you can find it on the download page.
Many of the Linux packages have already been created, and all known packagers have been contacted. Information about where to get the respective binaries or how to get them to work can be found in the Linux binaries page in the wiki. Download links for other supported systems will be available at the download page once the packages are created and published.
As a fallback you can also get the sources from http://files.wesnoth.org/ — but you should first try to get the files through SourceForge.net to help us save bandwidth. Please get the files from SourceForge.net if possible.
The multiplayer server for 1.11.6 is up and running. This server can only be used to play with other users of 1.11.6. If you do encounter problems, please report them.
The add-ons server for 1.11.x is already running. It was started with the release of 1.11.0 and it serves content for all 1.11.x versions. If you encounter any problems with add-ons not working as expected, please notify the content’s author — most of them should be here in the Scenario & Campaign Development forum.
If you find any bugs, don’t hesitate to report them, but please read the instructions on how to report bugs first! As bug reports in the forums tend to be forgotten, you will get better results using the official bug tracker. Again, we require your help for finding and fixing issues, no matter how trivial or complicated they are!