Anyway, the storyline (such as it is) is that you are a druid with lots of shamans-in-training, and the school is attacked by goblins, leading to a quest to track down the source of this incursion and put an end to it. Some of your students dabble in non-druidic arts and as such have unusual abilities. Others are overachievers who are unusually good at their druidic arts.
The campaign has 9 scenarios.* The title is a little misleading since it's more of a description of the first scenario than the campaign as a whole.
Areas that need work include:
- Graphics. The most serious issue here is that there are two pairs of units that are different but look identical. A lesser issue is that most of the unit overlays are ugly. A nicer worldmap is required (I may try my hand at this eventually). There may be other issues as well.
- Translation-friendliness. The campaign is not at all translation-ready since I haven't sprinkled #textdomain in all the appropriate places. Also, the declared textdomain has a space for some reason, which might cause a problem? At least, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere (in error messages or savegames) cut off at the space. I did this, but haven't yes marked it as translatable in the _server.pbl for some reason.
- Balance. This is especially an issue in the climax scenarios, and also the final scenarios which may seem too easy after the climax.
- Music. The scenarios don't play any music; I need to go through and select the tracks to play. This is low priority for me, though if anyone has any suggestions I'll take them.
- Dialogue. As it is I think much of the dialogue is too cheesy.
- Names. I'm not particularly attached to any of the character names (except Ariandela and to a lesser extent the big bad), and some more place-names might be good. That said, most non-leader characters have generated names, so this is really only a minor issue.
- Credits. I haven't set up the end-of-campaign credits screen yet; currently credits are in a text file in the campaign folder.
- Probably other stuff I've temporarily forgotten which will be added to this list when I remember it.
The campaign can be downloaded from the add-ons server.
*The choose_level dialogue will list an additional 3, two of which are minor variants of those 9 and one of which is a debug scenario accessible in no other way.
Final note: if there's anything anyone thinks should have been included in this post that wasn't, let me know.