A web site for displaying game maps for The Battle for Wesnoth.
You can view this live at http://mproud.com/wesnoth/canvas.
See the project page:
Github Project Page
What is Wesnoth Canvas?
Version 2 Build 8
24 September 2012
- Started adding arrays of images for terrain. This is going to take time. During this time, the terrian may actually look worse as I haven’t “flipped the switch” so to speak, so the terrain will draw with the editor icon version instead of the nice‐looking version which I was using earlier.
- Continued refining logic for drawing terrain transitions using a bitwise method.
- Refined the cursor and made it so it appears in the entire window.
Version 2 Build 7
4 September 2012
- Added new cursor. Not sure how I like it; may revert to original one.
- Added transition map. This is the beginning for really drawing nice-looking terrain.
- Minor formatting changes to terrain table.
- Removed GPL license on images. (These are original works by me, after all.)
Version 2 Build 6
21 August 2012
- Added names for all terrain codes.
- Made status bar narrower.
- Added name of terrain when a hex is selected.
Version 2 Build 5
21 August 2012
- Fixed minor issue with status bar scaling on resize events.
- Reformated README.md.
Version 2 Build 4
20 August 2012
- Introduced Gentium fonts.
- Moved most variables into an object to avoid unecessary variable pollution.
- Implemented beginning of a status bar.
- Hex updates now working, only redraws when hex changes.
- Minor clarifications for licensing.
Version 2 Build 3
20 August 2012
- Modified UI logic so map scrolls better.
- Introduced nice border.
- Created status bar though not fully implemented yet.
Version 2 Build 2
7 July 2012
- Changes to key events.
- Added support for an interactive console.
Version 2 Build 1c
5 July 2012
- Moved out tBfW dependencies. You’ll need to download the game resources and place them on the server.
- Changed index.html to index.php, partially for dynamic data directory support.
- Altered canvases to include a viewport, and changes as the window resizes. This should hopefully help with performance.
- Fixed various bugs.
- Fixed path to hover hex images — finally.
- Fixed path to starting position flag.
Version 1 Build 1
- First entire upload of the project.
Files in the image directory are licensed under GPL Version 2 as per The Battle for Wesnoth project.
Files in the font directory are licensed under SIL Open Font License 1.1.
All other files are licensed under MIT.
Currently only working with Webkit-based browsers. I’m working on adding support for Firefox. (Patience is a virtue!)
Currently it can read and display the default multiplayer maps. Most hexes are supported; I’m gradually adding functionality to support everything a given map file can take.
Additionally, I’ll be looking at adding functionality to display tile transitions, as well as walls, castles, keeps and shoreline properly, though this may take a while.
It’s very much still in development and largely unoptimized. Please note that a page load may take up to 2 MB of bandwidth.
All Wesnoth assets are still protected under GPL v2; all my code is licensed under MIT.
Any feedback is welcome.