Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

white_haired_uncle

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Few more.
Spoiler:
Gossip 46: Ulfserkers were tattoos -> Ulfserkers wear tattoos

When Bullseye falls, the dialog mixes "I" and "you".

Objectives claim you lose if you run out of gold. I went into a cave or something inside the sewerage and got pickpocketted like crazy and came out with negative gold and nothing happened.

The objectives at your house say "defeat enemy leader".
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
white_haired_uncle

Midlands description: Elves moved west. Did they? Maybe I haven't been far enough, but the only elves I've seen are to the east.

Open Seas description: You might loose -> lose

Frost Capital: drunkyard -> drunkard

CC craftsman: description of workbench says workbanch

CC craftsman: Most descriptions end in ".,"

CC craftsman: "You sold 187.5 gold for 10 leather" -> "You sold 10 leather for 187.5 gold"

Duel in the slums: Outch -> Ouch

Up north, the Orc watchtower: There is this watchtower -> There is the watchtower

Diamond mine: Diamant -> Diamond

First meeting with Dwarf (Guard?): "to reduces your costs" -> "to reduce your cost"

In temples, the text says you can donate, but there's no option to do so. I'm pretty sure I was able to donate once.
white_haired_uncle

Go to 29.25 and sell your icewine. You will be offered 1000 for 1, or 6500 for 10?

Also, in the north Pallisade->Palisade
Attachments
TSL-Strange Legacy - Trader-Auto-Save1.gz
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 281 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hm, hi white haired uncle. Thank you for your list, but as I worked the past nine days without a having a free day, i will read it another time. (it should be annother imho as you pronounce it "an" "nother" and not "an" "other") I always believed I replaced this already in Strange Legacy as well as in Five Fates :hmm:. :doh: probably forgot it due to stress.
Last edited by Heindal on November 10th, 2018, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
white_haired_uncle

In the attached, go to your farm and load up grain. It will say 44, but only 22 are actually loaded.

And since I'm here....

Merfolk Capital ressources=> resources

Sandcave lua error unknown unit scorpling

Playing dice in Harbour City: than -> then

Your Fisherhut "and can sell" > "and sell"

Gossip 33 "one of this orphans" > "one of these orphans"

One of the long distance magic attacks: "I'm to exhausted" -> "I'm too exhausted"

In Drake City, reading about farmers: "their a live a little" > "their lives a little"
Attachments
TSL-Strange Legacy - Farm.gz
(2.13 MiB) Downloaded 366 times

Post by 1234 »

Where do i find the perks and compendium? Also when i went to the outlwas to learn supreme armor (crafting?) even with crafting being 75, it seems like i can't learn it.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

@1234 Compedium is a new option in the 'heromenu'. I posted a screenshot of this on page 60.
The option to learn crafting unique armors was a little bit buggy. I fixed this.

@white_haired_uncle thanks again, I fixed what I could. Donations will be deactivated if your fame is too high. Achievements will just work if you use 'Claim Achievements'.

Note that the trader will reward you with a random item.

such as: "fur,leather,dragonleather,mithril,weeds,herbs,flasks,clairvoyancescroll,antidote,manapotion,healpotion,greaterteleportscroll,cometscroll,harmscroll,healscroll,teleportscroll,fleescroll,bomb,brew,cookedmeat,ratburger,betterbrew,fishsoup,perfectmeat,treasuremap,cometscroll,teleportscroll,healpotion,antidote,weeds,herbs,coffee,bandage,randomsummonscroll,Slowtrap,harmscroll,teleportawayscroll,healscroll,bombs"

I added a message that will show you the item, you've got. Helping the drake will however reward you with one of the most powerful cosumeables in the game.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer

Post by 1234 »

Heindal wrote: November 10th, 2018, 12:35 pm @1234 Compedium is a new option in the 'heromenu'. I posted a screenshot of this on page 60.
The option to learn crafting unique armors was a little bit buggy. I fixed this.

@white_haired_uncle thanks again, I fixed what I could. Donations will be deactivated if your fame is too high. Achievements will just work if you use 'Claim Achievements'.

Note that the trader will reward you with a random item.

such as: "fur,leather,dragonleather,mithril,weeds,herbs,flasks,clairvoyancescroll,antidote,manapotion,healpotion,greaterteleportscroll,cometscroll,harmscroll,healscroll,teleportscroll,fleescroll,bomb,brew,cookedmeat,ratburger,betterbrew,fishsoup,perfectmeat,treasuremap,cometscroll,teleportscroll,healpotion,antidote,weeds,herbs,coffee,bandage,randomsummonscroll,Slowtrap,harmscroll,teleportawayscroll,healscroll,bombs"

I added a message that will show you the item, you've got. Helping the drake will however reward you with one of the most powerful cosumeables in the game.
I did look at the heromenu, it seems like it's non-exsistent.
Also for whatever reason i have not encountered any blood wose whatsoever. I might have an idea on why i have not seen one.

edit1: If possible can you list ALL the possible achievemnets?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Does your helpmenu looks like this?
Helpmenu.jpg
Helpmenu.jpg (63.99 KiB) Viewed 6839 times
It could be that the helpmenu isn't automatically updated, when updating the add-on. If so, I can add an option in 'The Doc'. I haven't added an achievement overview, as this is something I want the player to find out by himself. The statistic page can give some hints on what to do. But I want to add an overview about your current achievements with some nice logos in a future version.
white_haired_uncle

Went to craft my first spell. Pretty cool, but I didn't have any diamonddust. Still worked, however, I just have -10 dust now (and not enough mana to use my new spell, oops).

When I craft poison, where does it go?

Gossip 12: Glas > Glass, knowbody > nobody

Chap IV, mission 2: purchae > purchase

description of venom looses > loses

Yourfarm: Grow a cattle > Raise cattle. Feed and number > feed a number
Spoiler:
white_haired_uncle

Oh yeah, try to improve writing with plenty of paper and no ink. It will say you don't have any paper.
white_haired_uncle

I'm wondering if Haunted Villa is working. I've been through it a couple times, clicked everywhere, but it never completes. Example attached.

Also in that save, try putting on the threeamulet and notice your max mana.

I crafted a couple advanced harpoons. Didn't know what to do with them. Tried adding them through ship menu. I expected when I added the second it would increase the number of attacks, but it added a second instance. That might make sense, if it's a one use weapon or something, but I never got a chance to test it. I visited Merfolk capital, got off the boat in Island City, went to fishinggrounds and found that my 8000 gold worth of advanced harpoons were gone. Is this working right?

While I was there, I used some repair crews. They did nothing that I could see. I was expecting my HP to increase.

Piratesnest, one of the examines: alife>alive, savety>safety

When crafting, steelshield is showing up under weapons.

Gossip 30: dozend>dozen, ad>and

Castle: fortunatly>fortunately, quartes> quarters

Meeting the Dwarf Lord nodds>nods

Ability priest has no description.

Ability healer has no description (could probably guess on this one).

Gossip 20: There's a sentence that starts with "You should know". I'm not sure what to do with that one?
Attachments
TSL-Haunted Villa-Auto-Save24.gz
(677.78 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hunted villa has been tested by me like 5 times. Of course I always improved it, but in the end it worked 5 times. Most people underestimate the aspect in testing in creating computer games. I test a lot (like 75% of the time of a development), but still things like that happen.
Spoiler:
white_haired_uncle

Spoiler:
white_haired_uncle

A couple of times I found myself wondering how to get to that next level. For example, I'd have around 50,000 gold and most of the basic stuff purchased. Now I want to move on, to be able to afford some of those 100,000-300,000 gold items, but not sure how to get there besides just doing missions/trades over and over. Up until this point, there was constantly something new, like a new territory unlocking new, more lucrative trade opportunities but at this point I felt kind of stuck. This is the point where I gave up the first time I played.

I managed to find a way to generate a lot more income. I was still a little repetitious, but I was able to get to the steady 150-200,000 gold balance and check out some of the new toys. But then I found myself stuck again. And then I found it. The trade that allowed me to more than double my gold every several turns, with no limit in sight. Effectively, everything became free. I think this may be unintentional.

I played around for a bit after that, mostly just to check out what was out there, until I got the requirements for the scythe. I'm not doing that. That's the one area of the campaign I just really don't care for, and it's just too much. Maybe I'll keep a game save around and one day come back and cheat my way past that to see what else there is in this universe, what I've seen so far is amazing, and I'm guessing that now that you've got most of the "engine" built, adding new content will be a lot easier.

I don't know if BFW allows you to set up short cuts to your custom right click menus, or better yet allows the user to do so. It looks like I could add a hot key for Hero Menu, but I'd like to go deeper. For example, a single click to use coffee or herbs would really improve the play, IMO. If BFW doesn't allow that, I wonder if you could put it in Hero Menu itself? So I could map F1 (or whatever) to Hero Menu, and then from there press C for Consumables and B (for barf, since coffee is disgusting)? Something to consider.

I don't think the convince spell does anything.

What I mentioned before about the tidalwave spell... it's just too powerful. I (ab)used it a number of times since.

Meeting the orcs: the orcembassador has a sentence with "nonescence" > "nonsense". I also didn't understand that sentence.

Jeremy says "stay on distance" which is probably "keep your distance"

Talking to Scarface at the house:

dieing > dying

esapced > escaped

I'll better > I'd better