The Quest of Wesnoth · Alpha Version
This is a rather early state of my campaign from a player's point of view, but by now I have finished the core engine, which will make adding new stuff much easier. So, here I am, showing you an alpha version of The Quest of Wesnoth. If you have an idea for a better name, please tell me — it's always been more of a working name, and I can't come up with anything better.
This campaign requires The Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.0 or later. It very probably will also work with more recent versions of the 1.9 branch, but I do not want to support those as well.
- Dynamic map changes, which allows saving of units, items, and everything else
- A flexible quest system (with a quest tracking system)
- An easy-to-user, shiny inventory to manage your items
- A tutorial to explain the specialties of this campaign
- A custom theme, displaying all relevant information
TODO / Plans for the future
- Of course, writing the story further
- Implementing more dialogues and side quests
- Implementing sounds
- Implementing a shop system
My credits for this campaign go to the following people:
- PandaClaws for writing most of the story, and for (unintended) forcing me to stick to this project
- The developer team, especially Anonymissimus and zookeeper for helping me with my various questions, and even modifying the Wesnoth engine to make it work as I'd like it to.
- artisticdude for a lot of inspiration how things could be done, as well as the female peasant sprite
- Bob_the_Mighty and PapaSmurfReloaded for their RPG Resource Packs
- The Archaic Era add-on, from which I've taken the path images
- Boldek for his Blacksmith sprite
- Kvinkunx for the Barkeeper sprite, taken from the Travelling Tradesmen add-on
- J. W. Bjerk (eleazzaar) for the herbs icon
- vultraz for his weight status icon, as well as all kinds of support
- All the people who helped creating Wesnoth and the power of WML and Lua
- The testers who reported their bugs here in this thread
- Everyone else I didn't name, but whose work I'm using
- The campaign stops once you receive the quest "please wait". Chapter 2 is coming sometimes "soon".
I do need some help; so, if you like the project, please consider doing one of the following things:
I need a lot of feedback; concerning how things work (do you like it? Why? Why not?), regarding bugs, and all other kind of stuff
A very high priority for me is that I need names for the village, for people, and for the pet.
If you'd like to write some more dialogues and/or quests, it would be very appreciated.
Ah, and before I forget it: Have fun!