Scenario 8: The Princess of Wesnoth

Feedback for the mainline campaign Heir to the Throne.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Scenario 8: The Princess of Wesnoth

Post by zookeeper » May 6th, 2018, 8:58 pm

Paranoid wrote:
May 6th, 2018, 12:38 pm
I'm doin v1.14.0 on medium now. The scenario was much harder in 1.12 and 1.10. I'm missing reinforcements and the duelist from the cave. Are these changes intended?
Yes. The Fencers and Duelist she now recruits should hopefully provide a more interesting challenge than the cave trap and surprise reinforcements, although it's entirely possible the overall balance has tilted towards being easier than before (in which case we'll of course try to increase the difficulty again).

Britannicus

Post by Britannicus » May 15th, 2018, 4:57 pm

zookeeper wrote:
May 6th, 2018, 8:58 pm
Yes. The Fencers and Duelist she now recruits should hopefully provide a more interesting challenge than the cave trap and surprise reinforcements, although it's entirely possible the overall balance has tilted towards being easier than before (in which case we'll of course try to increase the difficulty again).
I'd definitely say it's more interesting. Also seeing how HttT is a beginner campaign, it seems more appropriate for this scenario to have a calculable challenge instead of seemingly random waves of strong reinforcements being spawned in.

ChristTrekker

Post by ChristTrekker » June 20th, 2018, 10:19 pm

I miss the hidden reinforcements. They seemed like a realistic plot point. Three units (IIRC) isn't an insurmountable force, even for new players.