Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Would you like enemy/ally leaders and strong units to obtain some suitable generated titles?

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes: 8

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi » July 11th, 2018, 10:06 pm

There would not be too many title generators, because they could cover more unit groups. There might be chivalrous, heroic, wizardly, dark, criminal, warlike, sneaky, brutish and maybe one or two others and each group of units would get name from one or several groups of titles. Orcs could get warlike and possibly also brutish depending on type and warlike would also be used by human soldiers and brutish would also work on trolls. I think this is evolving into a feasible idea.

You can currently give a unit a title by renaming it and I don't want to prevent you from doing it, but I guess it cannot compensate for this.

I think I could replace the current poll with this. The Skeletal Dragon is replaced by the new sprite with custom animations already anyway.

Konrad2

Post by Konrad2 » July 12th, 2018, 7:30 am

That sounds cool. :D You might want to add ghostlike/ethereal and fae/spiritual. ^^
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.

Dugi

Post by Dugi » July 16th, 2018, 10:51 am

I have published a new version. Changes:

Code: Select all

Added 5 new items
Demons now have evil titles behind their names
Updated the Skeletal Dragon to use the new sprite, with custom animations
Updated Orcish Nightblade to be closer to the newly added mainline one
Fixed a lot of lesser bugs, mostly compatibility problems with 1.14/code]

Graemewf

Post by Graemewf » Yesterday, 6:23 pm

Hi there, just enjoying Wesnoth on iPad and when playing LotI using the latest iPad release, after quitting and restarting the game and loading one of the saved scenarios the major protagonists and other loyal characters disappear from the game. I have done the recent add in update but still the same issue. Using iPad 4 mini.

Thanks

G

BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac » Yesterday, 8:27 pm

Hey, just an idea. If you're adding titles for strong units, wouldn't it make more sense for units to get their titles when the "aware of legacy possessed" advancement is picked? At that point, they could get a title based on their legacy (ex: "the lightbringer"/"the bright" for legacy of light, "the swift"/"the tireless" for legacy of the free, "the shunned"/"the outcast" for legacy of exile, "of the cold north", etc).

Konrad2

Post by Konrad2 » Yesterday, 8:52 pm

If we go along with that idea I'd prefer that the legacy thing 'unlocks' a additional part of the title, instead of making up 100% of the title. The legacy doesn't decide what kind of person they were in this life, it just adds another set of abilities. Like, a Shadow Prince being called 'the Cruel' unlocking legacy of light is called 'the cruel lightbringer' (or something like that, it would probably be easier if the new title is always added before or after the old title. A new adjective would probably best, so the titles are somewhat compatible.)
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.