If you report a bug or broach the difficulty, please include what difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the campaign on.
Everything is for BfW 1.10.x
Rough change log
- Update 2013/07/01 to 1.2.9: Added partial Polish translation, updated the portrait of the Yeti.
- Update 2012/12/22 to 1.2.8: Update/corrections to the German and Russian translation
- Update 2012/10/15 to 1.2.7: Fixed the fuzzy translations in the german translation that arose due to the latest text revisioning.
- Update 2012/10/09 to 1.2.6: In scenario 13 (Mountain Plateau), Elves killed by Undead no longer count as killed by the player
- Update 2012/10/05 to 1.2.5: Inculded Starlight's text review.
- Update 2012/09/04 to 1.2.4: Galion's death in sceanrio 13 (Mountain Plateau) is now realy a loose condition; in scenario 15 (Army of Darkness), Lorelei now asks if she should execute her task until you give her the OK (before, you had to move her to make her ask again)
- Update 2012/08/06 to 1.2.3: Background stuff for translations only
- Update 2012/08/03 to 1.2.2: Actualy made use of the translation helper strings, gave Harriett fixed traits to avoid the unfortunate situation Tyroglyphid reported (http://r.wesnoth.org/p534464), included Galion's death in sceanrio 13 (Mountain Plateau) in the loose conditions.
- Update 2012/07/015 to 1.2.1: Inclusion of a gettext helper file so that strings that are already translated in core don't have to be translated again.
- Update 2012/07/013 to 1.2.0: Update to russian translation (now 48% complete), minor update to german translation.
- Update 2012/07/011 to 1.1.9: Just minor corrections to the German translation and the very beginning of a Portuguese translation.
- Update 2012/07/05 to 1.1.8: Feyndwarf can now only mount next to Richard (again), Lorelei doesn't continue to ask her question in sceanrio 15, lightrunes in sceanrio 17 won't have their aura redrawn if activated twice, update to the russian translation (now including 42% translated strings)
- Update 2012/06/30 to 1.1.7:http://r.wesnoth.org/p532345
- Update 2012/06/27 to 1.1.6: A LOT more spelling corrections (especially sc7-18) and scenario 6, 12 and 16 got a new story picture
- Update 2012/06/17 to 1.1.5: Some more spelling corrections and two broken file links fixed
- Update 2012/06/15 to 1.1.4: Just some spelling corrections
- Update 2012/06/15 to 1.1.3: Added complete German translation
- Update 2012/06/14 to 1.1.2: Translation related bugfixes
- Update 2012/06/13 to 1.1.1: Inclusion of some Russian and German translations
- Update 2012/06/11 to 1.1.0:http://r.wesnoth.org/p531013
- Update 2012/06/07 to 1.0.9: Mounting code reworked - mounting is now possible without moving a unit first
- Update 2012/05/31 to 1.0.8:http://r.wesnoth.org/p530195
- Update 2012/05/28 to 1.0.7: Fixed a bug in scenario 6 that caused an error message
- Update 2012/05/21 to 1.0.6: http://r.wesnoth.org/p529207
- Update 2012/05/01 to 1.0.5: The training lessen ins scenario 4 (The Race) finally works as intended and increases monunted Clyde's move points.
- Update 2012/04/22 to 1.0.4: In scenario 15 (Army of Darkness) the barrage can no longer be blown without the lava being divertet. The gold carryover of all scenarios has been adjusted.
- Update 2012/04/17 to 1.0.3: In scenario 4 (The Race), the player has to leave the center island in round 2 now, some minor tweaks to the AI in scenario 16.
- Update 2012/03/29 to 1.0.2: Removed all unused images to sleaken the download. Slight changes on scenario 16 so that the torture tower is now indeed only accessible by airborn and naval units.
- Update 2012/03/21 to 1.0.1: An evil bug has sneeked into the release from yesterday preventing the epilogue to play. Some further tweaks on scenario 17 an slightly change last breath events are also inluded in this release.
- Update 2012/03/20 to 1.0.0: First complete release: [urlhttp://r.wesnoth.org/p524067[/url]
- After dismounting and mounting again, the MP change that occured in scenario 1 due to the flowers is lost for mounted Clyde
- Mounting/Dismounting could be "missused" to transfer some HP from a healthy unit to a very wounded unit.
- No music yet
The fellowship of the clay: May contain spoilers
Short story: When the humans arrived at the great continent, they needed a new and safe home. Building such a (first) capital, called, Wehlot, was what Haldric – the first human King on the continent –planed and started during his regency. His son – Haldric II – finished this project exceeding all expectations, among other things because of a new invention: “the brick”. Unknown to Haldric II, his father made a deal with a stranger from whom he “bought” the island on which Wehlot was build. The deal stated that the stranger is allowed to claim a live for every 20 hexes, Wehlot is big. Haldric thought he could outsmart the stranger by planning on keeping his castle small while founding villages around the island.
When Wehlot is finally finished and preparations are undertake to celebrate this event, the stranger reveals himself to Haldric II, claiming five young lives. Haldric II naturally refuses, asking why he should stick to the contract. The stranger’s answer: His magic fire powered the brick-kiln and thus the used bricks are still bound to his magic powers. Consequently, he is not only able to let the whole city collapse on purpose; he can also not be killed without letting Wehlot collapse. Being an evil stranger, he also sends a Undead army towards the city – without their fortifications, the people of Wehlot wouldn’t stand a chance.
King Haldric II puts all his hope in his most trusted advisor, Clyde the Knight of the Light. He (you) is commissioned to put together a group of people from all over the continent to counter the threat of the evil stranger.
Though the Kingdom is already called Wesnoth, there is no talk of Weldyn so far, so it is possible to call a first attempt of a capital Wehlot. The bigger, natural human city is Dan Tok. Academy on Alduin founded in 21 YW. Wesmere Elves are controlled by four Elvish Lords (Dionli, Logalmier, Aryad, and El'Isomithir - TRoW).
To be considered:
In 25 YW the Scepter of Fire is commissioned (finished but lost in 40 YW)
King Haldirc II, son of Haldric:
He is just the King and not playable. He will give you your task.
Main Heroes (the later Fellowship of the clay):
Clyde, the Knight of the Light:
He is a modification of a Paladin. He is able to dismount his white steed “Snow-white” and will start at Level one as Clyde the Knight and advance through Clyde the Knight of the Light (level two), Clyde the White Knight of the Light (Level three) to Clyde the Bright White Knight of the Light (Level four). Given his exemplary character, he has the “inspire” attribute (even giving a bonus to adjacent level four units). Through his good contacts to the King, the elves and the Dwarfs, he gets the following specials:
At the beginning of his journey, from Haldirc II, he gets his steed – a “Unihorse”, the only hybrid between a white female horse and a male unicorn that has ever existed – called “Snow-white”. Haldric II will give it to Clyde because Clyde is also an envoy to the elves and dwarfs and thus needs to travel fast.
Snow-white was born in the King’s stable after “Snow-flake”, the King’s most loved mare once broke out and came back after three days. For quite a while, there was nothing special about her. But three years after that incident, she gave birth to Snow-white – a white foal with a small horn. Snow-white is the only evidence that the mythical Unicorn exists. (Some claim it is just a mutation as a consequence of something – may be a mushroom – Snow-flake ate during her “trip”.)
Snow-white (later) gives Clyde 10 MP while on Snow-white and she has a moderate “charge” attack given her half-sized horn (Clyde has no normal charge attack by himself, since he concentrated on sword fight and abounded his lance). Without Clyde, Snow-white has 11MP and Heals 4LP and cures (together they heal 8 and regenerate 4, Clyde as a Paladin heals 4 and does not cure and they do not regenerate when separated).
The head of the school of Alduin, "Great Mage Merdor", a mermaid and an Elvish councilmember will also accompany the party.
The bad Guy:
He is able to transform into a raven which is able to fly. He lives in his lair which is unreachable by ground units.
Story discussion takes place here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=31956