To Lands Unknown 3.1.1 - a new gameplay mode!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.1 - a new gameplay mode!

Post by inferno8 » July 11th, 2018, 8:30 am

Hello, gwen42 and thank you for reporting these issues ;) A patch will be delivered this weekend.
Last edited by inferno8 on July 13th, 2018, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Konrad2

Post by Konrad2 » July 12th, 2018, 7:58 am

Highest Tiers
Advanced units cost upkeep.
viewtopic.php?p=627036#p627036

The safe mode for the cut scene afterwards didn't work, Wesnoth still died. :(

Near the Jungle
Why is the bridge (over the paint) unwalkable?
As long as Rhaxiz is on the map I can't win, because 'Kill all enemy units' is not possbile when you have a hitchance of 0% vs one of them. (Maybe say 'Survive until turns end' and add the killing them all after Rhaxiz is gone?)
And 'Survive until turns run out.' has a period too much. D:
And the Badass-mode makes me lose out on a Fire elemental, two Novice Summoners and a Camel Rider. :(

Southern Nations
Jaffar said that they'd have been faster if their fire elementals had not been weakened by the tropical climate. So, no fire elemental ban for the badass mode?
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 » July 13th, 2018, 11:34 am

Konrad2 wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 7:58 am
Near the Jungle
Why is the bridge (over the paint) unwalkable?
Because its vertical offset does not match hexes in a desirable way. Maybe I'll change it, but this is not a top priority as this part of the map is purely decorative and its tactical usage is minimal in my opinion.
Konrad2 wrote:
As long as Rhaxiz is on the map I can't win, because 'Kill all enemy units' is not possbile when you have a hitchance of 0% vs one of them. (Maybe say 'Survive until turns end' and add the killing them all after Rhaxiz is gone?)
Good point.
Konrad2 wrote:
Southern Nations
Jaffar said that they'd have been faster if their fire elementals had not been weakened by the tropical climate. So, no fire elemental ban for the badass mode?
Yes, you should be able to use Fire Elementals freely in the badass mode.

Konrad2

Post by Konrad2 » July 13th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Fun fact: The paint of the circle in 'Near the Jungle' is unwalkable, but the paint of the circle in 'Southern Nations' is walkable.
Btw, Jaffars recruits blocking my keep is a problem.
Right, why did the Summoners woodcutting stuff if they are just using Fire Elementals?

Cleave can't kill. Why?
Attachments
TLU-Southern Nations replay.gz
(81.7 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 » July 13th, 2018, 5:51 pm

The paint in Southern Nations should be unwalkable too. Thanks for reporting.
Jaffar's recruits will avoid Player's keep in the next version.
Summoners need woodcutting equipment because usage of fire elementals turned out to be problematic in a wet environment.
Cleave no longer kills friendly units. This is intentional.

Konrad2

Post by Konrad2 » July 15th, 2018, 12:59 am

Fire Canyon
One of my units died because it automoved on the bridge.
Spoiler:
Ka-Gatta
Spoiler:

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 » July 15th, 2018, 11:15 am

To Lands Unknown 3.1.1 is now available!

This version focuses mostly on fixing bugs reported by the community so far. I'd like to thank Konrad2 and gwen42 for the feedback - I really appreciate that! :)

The changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 3.1.1
- Scenarios
	> scenario 01 - Highiest Tiers:
		* fixed incorrect Mehir's movepoints in badass mode
		* fixed advanced units upkeep cost
	> scenario 03 - Near the Jungle:
		* improved objectives
	> scenario 04 - Southern Nations:
		* Jaffar's troops try to not block Mehir's keep
		* made the great circle unwalkable
	> scenario 06 - Fire Canyon:
		* put friendly units on the bridge (if any) to the recall list
	> scenario 08 - Ka-Gatta:
		* fixed Spear Guardian trying to block access to the Spear in badass mode
		* fixed incorrect speaker inside scimitar event
	> scenario 16 - Defense of Saffaros:
		* added healers (lvl1) to Dedylos' side to spice things up

- General
	* fixed side issues for Dharma'rashti in badass mode (she can be weakened by player now)

- Translations
	* updated the raw translation file for translators
	* updated the Polish translation
@Konrad2: the game crashing on the cutscene in the Central Palace scenario hasn't been fixed as everything is correct code-wise. I suspect it may be caused by previous cutscenes (author and a carped ride cutscenes). I suggest playing that scenario after restarting the game, until I do something about it.

Konrad2

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.1.1 - a new gameplay mode!

Post by Konrad2 » July 17th, 2018, 3:58 pm

Ka-gatta
Semir (that Summoner who's Ghost attacks me) has a Statue. Mehir comments on the irony of the 'rest in peace' part, considering that they "just now fought" his Ghost. I'm still fighting that Ghost though.

Short question: This scenario is supposed to be a place to stock up on Dimensional Gates, right? (Btw why do DG II need 26 xp? It's not like they care about the lvl of the killed unit.)

...why is there an earth elemental with the carpet? How did it even get there?

Maybe add the 'Mehir can't have a Jinn yet' at the beginning of the scenario. You have so many Gates, so using one to create a Jinn isn't farfetched.

'Advances the unit' special of special things does not work on max level units.

Godess of all Rhamis
Mehir: ...was supposed to be a rescue mission rather, so weren't quite in a rush...
The missing word aside, what kind of rescue mission is this if you are not in a rush?

Stormblessed

Post by Stormblessed » July 17th, 2018, 10:38 pm

This is one of the few campaigns I've played through multiple times. (I think twice). Years and years ago it feels like.

I saw "New gameplay mode" and got very curious. But the first level itself is very different than the last time I played it.

I guess it would be the original first level with carpets and normal novice summoners vs the mysterious air mage.

I am curious, was it just some parts that were polished a la the first level and most of the campaign is intact as before? Because if there was another earlier massive overhaul that I haven't played through yet than I don't need to play "Badass mode" But if only the trappings have been changed than "Badass mode" might be a good choice to help make things more interesting for me.

I hope my question made sense.

Btw the background of the new first level is absolutely incredible and I love it!

ForestDragon
Forum Regular

Post by ForestDragon » Yesterday, 6:23 am

Stormblessed wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 10:38 pm
I saw "New gameplay mode" and got very curious. But the first level itself is very different than the last time I played it.

I guess it would be the original first level with carpets and normal novice summoners vs the mysterious air mage.
The original first level is still there, except now it is now a second level (the current first level is more of a prologue)
Stormblessed wrote:
I am curious, was it just some parts that were polished a la the first level and most of the campaign is intact as before? Because if there was another earlier massive overhaul that I haven't played through yet than I don't need to play "Badass mode" But if only the trappings have been changed than "Badass mode" might be a good choice to help make things more interesting for me.
The first two very changed significantly, but the rest are mostly the same, with improved dialog. Also, there are a few more dialog scenarios compared to the early versions.
Stormblessed wrote:
Btw the background of the new first level is absolutely incredible and I love it!
I absolutely agree.
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Creator of Tale of Alan (1.12 abandoned) and The Golden Age (1.12/1.13, temporarily abandoned again),XP Bank (now on 1.14),Alliances Mod(1.12, unplayable)
"Real life is like a hyper-realistic VR game, but with permadeath and boring gameplay"

Konrad2

Post by Konrad2 » Yesterday, 9:18 am

Banisher, unit description:
'Abilities: circle of banishment, , ,'
Lot's of commata. #3060

Chaos
Spoiler:
'...I suggest electing one of as a temporary leader of Tar-Tabar.'

Siege of Mag-Magar
Every Ho'rhami I have get's duplicated and placed as a starter unit for my ally.
I can still recall/recruit my units after the circle breaks.
The Living Gate is once more inactive (the spawned gates start moving in turn 9 though).
Can the player get a bonus for the number of surviving civilians?
Attachments
TLU-Siege of Mag-Magar-Auto-Save7.gz
(179.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
TLU-Siege of Mag-Magar-Auto-Save1.gz
(156.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet