Scenario 5a: Muff Malal's Peninsula

Feedback for the mainline campaign Heir to the Throne.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Caladbolg

Re: Scenario 5a: Muff Malal's Peninsula

Post by Caladbolg » March 10th, 2016, 5:12 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
1.12.5, medium.

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
2. Probably the easiest scenario in the whole campaign along with the isle of Alduin but I'm rating this one slightly higher because the sheer number of corpses can overwhelm you if you're not paying attention. It's deceivingly easy.

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Clear but there was nothing especially interesting about it. Also, "yonder"? Really?

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
No problems, but I see how the sheer ease of defeating corpses can be deceiving for someone who's new to the game.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
9. In my opinion, one of the most enjoyable scenarios because you can simply click things without worrying about strategy :D

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Adding a loyal unit or something... Even though you can easily grab a lot of XP here, distributing it can be hard because the number of enemies is much greater then the number of your forces.
The first time I played HttT, I tried going down both routes after the bay of pearls but I gave up on the isles of the damned because it was quite hard and lvl 2 skeletons were a pain to deal with. This scenario OTOH was much easier and so I always chose this route whenever I played afterwards. Then, after a long time I tried playing the isles just to see whether I could beat them and I found out that there's a loyal white mage there. Since then, I always chose the isles even though I find this one much more enjoyable...

Other data:
-start gold: 402
-recruits(1): Mermaid Initiate
-recalls(10): Archer, Druid, Fighter, 2x Horseman, 3x Mage, Mer Hunter, Mer Initiate; (+ Captain recalled automatically)
-advancements(4): Fighter->Hero; loyal Mage-> White Mage; 2x Horseman->Knight
-turns taken: 11/24
-end: 262 gold, 19/24 villages
-XP: Knight, Druid & Initiate at 1/4 needed; Captain, Initiate, Fighter at 1/2; 2 Mages, Archer & Konrad close to advancing
-not as lucky as before
-dmg dealt: +1%
-dmg taken: +11%
-no losses or reloads
-as seen from the replay, some of my units were close to death at some point. I took some risks because I didn't really feel that they could die- this scenario can be won even without thinking too much about strategy.
Attachments
HttT-Muff_Malal’s_Peninsula_replay.gz
(42.47 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Kylix

Post by Kylix » January 12th, 2017, 5:27 pm

In Isle of the Damned, we can find Delurin, an outlaw who allows us to recruit outlaws, yet unfortunately only in that scenario, and Moremirmu, an anomalous white mage, while here we don't find anyone. I think in the new update, we shoud be able to find at least two other new loyal units, possibly one of them should be an outlaw who allows us to recruit his/her fellows.

LordWolfDan

Post by LordWolfDan » October 13th, 2018, 10:46 am

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

- 1.14.5, Beginner

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

- Easy, get rid of dark sorcerer

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

- Good

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

- Dealing with so many walking corpse units

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

- I don't see any. All I say is that this scenario is good farm for harvesting XP for level-1 units