Grammar Check: The War of Terrador

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dragonchampion

Grammar Check: The War of Terrador

Post by Dragonchampion »

Hello, everyone! My campaign is finished, and as such, it has A LOT of grammar mistakes. As I am busy working on the unit anims and such, would any of you be so kind as to check and point out my many spelling and grammar mistakes? Also, I would like input on how the story doesn't make sense, etc. Thanks!
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Newell

Re: Grammar Check: The War of Terrador

Post by Newell »

Hi Dragon,

Here's my input on your first scenario. I will continue editing unless you say otherwise.

EDIT: One more thing on that first scenario: in the 'die' event, get rid of "Captain!" before "Noooo!" because it made me think the captain had died. Also perhaps change Ryter's name to "Captain Ryter"? Just a thought.

EDIT2: Second scenario done. It is here. I assume you have no problem with colloquial language? I wouldn't think so considering it's futuristic. I'm liking the story so far. Makes me want to play it.

EDIT3: Third done. Here. Fourth also: here. That's a quarter of the campaign looked over. Will stop for a bit.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

WOW. Thank you SO much. This grammar and input on the story is excellent! Thanks! I will gladly add anything you check and modify (within reason, of course) Thanks for investing your time in this!

Oh, and what does Matthew N1 mean? It appears quite a few times in the edited scens.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Newell

Post by Newell »

Dragonchampion wrote:WOW. Thank you SO much. This grammar and input on the story is excellent! Thanks! I will gladly add anything you check and modify (within reason, of course) Thanks for investing your time in this!
Happy to help. Here's scenario 5. 6 is here. Also 7 is here.
Dragonchampion wrote:Oh, and what does Matthew N1 mean? It appears quite a few times in the edited scens.
That's just what the word processor does when I add in comments, because I'm Matthew N. Might have something to do with me using OpenOffice if you're reading it in Microsoft Word. Just ignore it. Is it in the way?