Multiplayer Map Lords Of War

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheJester

Multiplayer Map Lords Of War

Post by TheJester »

...just another Multiplayer Map. Inspired from the original Warlords Illuria map (seen here), this is a six-player Battlemap. The even Players (2,4,6) start in the east (Player 2 takes the position of Lord Bane), the odd Players (1,3,5) start in the West. Every player owns his county filled with 10 villages.

In this version of the map its ok to play east vs. west. Players 3 and 5 are much to close right now.

RFC
TheJester
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

"inspired" or "stolen"... :).

really, just wondering. If it is too similar, it can't be incorporated into the official version, but if not... cool!
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
TheJester

Post by TheJester »

Last time i played Warlords I (great game btw) was years ago, so i suggest it was inspired :)
Seriously, i made a few changes, since Warlords didn't use hex maps. I don't know if it's
ok for use.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

If the map was drawn several years after playing the game, and without looking at the original, I doubt it could be considered tainted by copyright.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Bondi

The game could not be loaded: illegal character

Post by Bondi »

The game could not be loaded: illegal character

When I select the map, I get the above message... Has anyone got the same problem?

Could be that it needs Wesnoth v0.8? I have 0.7.9 but I cannot upgrade 'coz SourceForge "does not currently have the file you requested" on any of the mirrors for several days. :-\
turin
Lord of the East

Re: The game could not be loaded: illegal character

Post by turin »

Bondi wrote:The game could not be loaded: illegal character

When I select the map, I get the above message... Has anyone got the same problem?

Could be that it needs Wesnoth v0.8? I have 0.7.9 but I cannot upgrade 'coz SourceForge "does not currently have the file you requested" on any of the mirrors for several days. :-\
what illegal letter does it say there is? iIIRC it usually says illegal character Y, or M, or whatever...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Circon

Post by Circon »

IIRC it usually says illegal character Y[...]
There are Y's in that map.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Circon wrote:
IIRC it usually says illegal character Y[...]
There are Y's in that map.
that was an example. IIRC, Y's are now legal (they mean swamp village).
The World of Orbivm
TheJester

Post by TheJester »

It is Wesnoth 0.8 and the map is gzip'ed, i should have mentioned... Yes theres a swamp village in it..
Dave
Founding Developer

Re: The game could not be loaded: illegal character

Post by Dave »

turin wrote:
Bondi wrote:The game could not be loaded: illegal character

what illegal letter does it say there is? iIIRC it usually says illegal character Y, or M, or whatever...
Yeah but if it's a non-printable character, such as if you open a binary file, it won't print out any character.

Of course, maybe I should check for that using isprint(3) and print a message about there being unrecognizable binary in there :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

TheJester wrote:It is Wesnoth 0.8 and the map is gzip'ed, i should have mentioned... Yes theres a swamp village in it..
also, i probably should have said swamp village was from 0.7.6 or earlier...
The World of Orbivm
telex4

Post by telex4 »

Well I played it and I liked it :) Although the routes between some keeps are much harder than between others (for example, going from the North West keep to the North East is a mean feat compared to going South!) I still found it fun.
TheJester

Post by TheJester »

Here's a Version with some changes. There are more roads now, and player 3 (south west) is more seperated from his neighbor in the north.

Four places with extra villages exist on the map, at the island, in the woods near the deep lake, in the swamp south of the northern mountains and at the north coast where the central river ends.

Bye
TheJester
Minimus

Illuria map - piece of great classic

Post by Minimus »

:? How to get the Illuria map for Wesnoth? I loved to play Warlords I map.