This is for this thread
in the Faction & Era forum.
Here's the help that I need at the moment:
1. Look over the following ability ideas and see if there are any that absolutely cannot
be done with current WML.
2. Look over the following ability ideas and see if you want to offer and help at all coding (even hints and clues, because I'm no WML wizard).
3. Test the current era to see if the abilities work.
4. Since abilities sometimes aren't the easiest thing to code, if you have your own ability that you've already coded and want to donate, I'm sure we could find a place for it in the era, so please post it.
Here are the planned abilities for the units. Some are blatantly stolen from the Ideas forum. Here is a good place to start
(I'll give credit where it is due when I actually get some of them working).
Here's a small legend for notes (nothing before the name means it isn't included):
* seems to be working perfectly
+ works OK but is buggy or is missing something
- does something but may crash or do something totally unexpected
? doesn't do a $%*# thing other than show up on the unit
* Dread: Offensive only, defender only counter-attacks at 50%
* Bloodlust: Offensive only, if target is killed unit is allowed another attack
+Knockback: offensive only, moves defending unit back one hex (I want my version of knockback to let the defender get all of its attacks before moving back)
* Storm: Offensive only, each unit in the attack can only make 1 attack
Parry: Every successful strike means 0% chance-to-hit for the opponent's following strike
Ensnare: Offensive only, as soon as one strike hits, every strike after during the attack gets 100% chance-to-hit
Knockout: affected unit cannot move or attack for 1 turn or until hit
* Dash: After attack, player gains remaining movement points and can move
* Chaos: Player gains control of unit during the side turn, unit has 1 MP and can attack
* Spiked Armor: Defensive only, each attempted melee strike opponent makes causes 3 points damage to the opponent
Loner: When there are no allied units on adjacent tiles, this unit does double damage
* Raid: Offensive only, each successful strike with raid takes 2xp from the defender and gives it to the raider.
I hope you guys like the idea and want to help out. Staring here is a good for beginners, like myself: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WML_Abilities