Dark Adept VS Mage

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jastiv

Post by Jastiv »

I noticed deathblades don't have an upgrade. Is this intended or does someone already have an upgrade in the works? I noticed thier attack is greater, but they still seem awfully delicate and relativly crappy compared to revenants
Also, shouldn't the revenent have another upgrade path?
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Jastiv wrote:I noticed deathblades don't have an upgrade. Is this intended or does someone already have an upgrade in the works? I noticed thier attack is greater, but they still seem awfully delicate and relativly crappy compared to revenants
Also, shouldn't the revenent have another upgrade path?
Uh... shouldn't this be in a new thread? it's not at all related to this one.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
numbgoon

Post by numbgoon »

I think that when you play against the undead as a whole, any advantages that the Dark Adept has over the mage is offset by the fact that whilst the mage is more effective against the undead generally than the Adept is against the Elves/Loyalists.
Also, the advancements of the Mage are arguably more effective than that of the adepts.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

numbgoon wrote:Also, the advancements of the Mage are arguably more effective than that of the adepts.
Not really. It's just situation-dependent. You wouldn't want a Necromancer when facing a Draug, and you wouldn't want a White Mage when facing a bunch of Elvish Fighters in Forest.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.