Another Tutorial

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Another Tutorial

Post by turin »

I know that the current tutorial (from 0.6.99-4) is under development, and you probably don't want all that many new tutorials, but i think that this tutorial is actually quite good. My brother wrote it because he was disatisfied with the current tutorial.

Anyway, just try it out and you can comment on it once you play it all the way through. my brother is willing to do the rest of the scenarios if you like it so far. (these are not the only scenarios planned)

(side note- the reason there is a vampire bat on the first scenario is that win_by_killing_enemies=no or whatever it is called is not in my version of the game)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

This tutorial has a few glitches (e.g. no starting position for Delfador in scenario 1 so he doesn't appear) but I think it looks pretty good overall!

It's not intimidating, and steps the user through things nice and simply. I'll look into cleaning it up and then we can see which tutorial people like best.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Maybe a upcoming release can include both tutorials, so that players can try both and see which one they like more?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Dave wrote:This tutorial has a few glitches (e.g. no starting position for Delfador in scenario 1 so he doesn't appear) but I think it looks pretty good overall!

It's not intimidating, and steps the user through things nice and simply. I'll look into cleaning it up and then we can see which tutorial people like best.

David
i thought i fixed that...maybe i fixed it in a different file, not the one i posted.

anyway, i'm glad you like it.

if you include it you will want to get rid of the enemy in the first scenario.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

ignore this, read below
Last edited by turin on March 18th, 2004, 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

my brother updated some of the tutoral. I still have not gotten 0.6.99.5, so there are enemy leaders that should be removed, and on many scenarios explicit_endlevel or whatever should equal 'yes'. Also, i think he is going to add a scenario after the last one. Anyway, try this new one out, and see if it is better than the old one (nothing new has really been added to the one i posted earlier, but some minor changes have been made).
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

updated version, i think it is final.

http://lsimmons.net/joe/tutorial.cfg.gz
The World of Orbivm