Healers and AI?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bruno
Inactive Developer

Healers and AI?

Post by bruno »

I noticed that the AI didn't appear to be recruiting units that do healing and remembered
not seeing a healer type listed in the recruitment type list in multiplayer.cfg.
Is this because the AI doesn't know how to handle healer units, so having it recruit
them would be a bad idea for it. Or is there some other reason that things are set up
this way?
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

Correct, the AI does not currently know how to use healing/curing. So essentially it would treat healers as a regular unit and any healing they did would be completely accidental on the AI's part.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Tomyellow

Post by Tomyellow »

Gafgarion wrote:Correct, the AI does not currently know how to use healing/curing. So essentially it would treat healers as a regular unit and any healing they did would be completely accidental on the AI's part.
Hi,

<IMHO>
"Any healing" is maybe misleading. The AI use villages for heal and for better defense (if the unit has better defense in villages). So AI will call back injured units and heal in villages, but not by healer units.
</IMHO>

Cheers,
Tomyellow
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

Tomyellow wrote:
Gafgarion wrote:Correct, the AI does not currently know how to use healing/curing. So essentially it would treat healers as a regular unit and any healing they did would be completely accidental on the AI's part.
Hi,

<IMHO>
"Any healing" is maybe misleading. The AI use villages for heal and for better defense (if the unit has better defense in villages). So AI will call back injured units and heal in villages, but not by healer units.
</IMHO>

Cheers,
Tomyellow
I thought the topic was about units with the healing/curing abilities and not about villages.
-Gafgarion
Tomyellow

Post by Tomyellow »

Gafgarion wrote:
Tomyellow wrote: Hi,

<IMHO>
</IMHO>

Cheers,
Tomyellow
I thought the topic was about units with the healing/curing abilities and not about villages.
You're absoutely right, I added this note just to make it clear for others.

Cheers,
Tomyellow
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

Tomyellow wrote:
Gafgarion wrote: I thought the topic was about units with the healing/curing abilities and not about villages.
You're absoutely right, I added this note just to make it clear for others.

Cheers,
Tomyellow
Ahh, I see.
-Gafgarion