Wesnoth 0.9.3

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Ankka wrote:Or then he's wrestling with Xcode 2.x to get it to compile Wesnoth..
A couple of clean re-installs of Xcode 2.x and I have finally had a successful hybrid build :)

It is on Sourceforge, works for me but might be flakey as hell... so please someone try it out and let me know how it fairs!
scott

Post by scott »

Well, it works on 10.4.1 but that's probably not much help to you. I might be able to boot into 10.3.9 later on and try it if no one else does. Could other users copy your xcode project file and start using it or would one have to fiddle with xcode like you did?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

scott wrote:Well, it works on 10.4.1 but that's probably not much help to you. I might be able to boot into 10.3.9 later on and try it if no one else does. Could other users copy your xcode project file and start using it or would one have to fiddle with xcode like you did?
Other users should be able to use it as is. I have a suspicion that part of the problem was multiple upgrades rather than Xcode itself. So it was doing a clean install which solved most issues.
kbaskins
Art Developer

Post by kbaskins »

Sithrandel wrote:It is on Sourceforge, works for me but might be flakey as hell... so please someone try it out and let me know how it fairs!
Works great on OSX 10.3.9 running on a slot-loading 350MHz iMac. In fact, it runs *much* faster than the previous incarnations I've played (0.91 and 0.92). The speed bump is quite impressive, actually.

I had no problems opening, playing and saving games, in a few limited tests. I'm looking forward to giving it a more prolonged workout later this afternoon.

Thanks for the build, Sithrandel!

--

Karen
themroc

Post by themroc »

Hullo Sithrandel,

first a very big thank you, for the job you do here, in helping all those guys, with an apple, who are too stupid to compile the game for themself . :)
Sithrandel wrote:
scott wrote:Well, it works on 10.4.1 but that's probably not much help to you. I might be able to boot into 10.3.9 later on and try it if no one else does. Could other users copy your xcode project file and start using it or would one have to fiddle with xcode like you did?
Other users should be able to use it as is. I have a suspicion that part of the problem was multiple upgrades rather than Xcode itself. So it was doing a clean install which solved most issues.

The new Xcode-File and the game are working fine here on Panther, (after nearly going mad in my trys to compile wesnoth with the 0.9.1 Xcode-File)
If ye ever come to me country, ye will get more than one beer.

cya
themroc

PS: The Thank you is of course also for scott, who is helping a lot of people here. :)
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

*cheers*
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Grignr

Post by Grignr »

It works just fine on OS 10.2.1 -- it gives me some error messages related to various non-mainline campaigns (these are campaigns I had downloaded for 0.8.11; I'm sure the versions I have are outdated anyway), but nothing that seems to affect performance. Thanks, Sithrandel!
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Konrad II wrote:Okay, let's wait then ^^
NO! I refuse to wait! I just got back on MP, and now I have to wait for the Mac version to come out! It's not fair!!! :twisted:
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
scott

Post by scott »

Assasin wrote:
Konrad II wrote:Okay, let's wait then ^^
NO! I refuse to wait! I just got back on MP, and now I have to wait for the Mac version to come out! It's not fair!!! :twisted:

Go put yourself in time out.
(If you were trying to be a windows person, it didn't come across)

So 10.2.1, eh? Cool. It's nice to have good news.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Insinuator

Windows burn

Post by Insinuator »

Go put yourself in time out.
(If you were trying to be a windows person, it didn't come across)
Oh, how clever. You should be the official "Wesnoth Wit-Master". On, the other hand, if you are trying to be funny, I would advise against such pointless and unfounded slurs.

Regarding my earlier comment on the x-delta business, I am still uncertain as to how to go about successfully unpacking and applying the file to Wesnoth. I went to the Xdelta for Win32 website and downloaded the static file, unpackaged it, and used the patch command to apply the patches to Wesnoth.exe. This created two new executables (I patched .9.1 and then .9.2). When I tried to run either of the patched programs, I receive the error message that they are not valid Win32 applications and program terminates. Did I miss a step?
Last edited by Insinuator on July 2nd, 2005, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
scott

Post by scott »

Unfounded? You must not read the forum much around release time. Although the 0.9.3 release has been rather quiet...

It is inexplicable that assasin could miss an entire page of posts devoted to the package for his OS, so I assumed he was trying to be funny somehow, and that's the best I could come up with.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

I'm sorry. I assumed you were basing your comments on a generalization of Windows-using people (outside of BfW). It is quite true that BfW Windows users are, as a rule, a tad impatient when it comes to releases. But BfW is such a great game, who wouldn't be? I should not have been so quick to take offense. Again, my apologies.
ott
Inactive Developer

Re: Windows burn

Post by ott »

Insinuator wrote:the x-delta business, I am still uncertain as to how to go about successfully unpacking and applying the file to Wesnoth
As far as I understand, the x-delta patch applies to the downloaded 0.9.2 installer archive, not the game binary. Many of the changes in 0.9.2 were in the data files, so getting the game itself updated isn't going to help much.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Stigmatix

Post by Stigmatix »

Sorry if this has been explained somewhere else, but Im new to xdelta and patching Wesnoth. I can't seem to figure out how to go about doing it. I have the windows xdelta file, the static xdelta.exe and the installer right there, but I don't know what to do.

Im not computer illiterate, so I should understand most of what you tell me, but try and keep it simple for me please.

(I would ask on an official xdelta board, or tech forum but I can't find one.)
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Konrad II

Post by Konrad II »

these packing , compilate, blah bla blah are too complicated for me ;) lol
I'll just wait for the..."easy" version to get released! =)

[edit]...just saw the download in download parts of the site... Konny is stupid sometimes! :P