Morale in Battle for Wesnoth

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Ave

Post by Ave »

I agree that morale in general would break Wesnoth. But what about 'special' effects like fear, paralyzation etc.
Probably a poisoning unit could paralyze its opponent after leveling.

Paralyzation: can freeze a unit for 1 turn on some percent, removing the hitting back opportunity too. Cure removes this effect too.

Fear: makes the unit's strength halved against the one caused fear (probably only for one round, and leadership removes this effect).
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I think that it would be useful to have a 'dread'/'fear' ability. The way it'd work imo is that units of a lower level fight at half strength against the unit that causes the fear.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

The upgrade of wraith (if any) should have fear/dread.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

I agree that some undead should have fear abilities against non undead. Should it work all the time or only during nightime?
On the other hand, the mage of light could also have fear targeted against undead .
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

The mage of light already slaughters undead...no need to make it more powerful against them.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ave

Post by Ave »

Maybe if there were a priest/cleric they could turn undead. But i guess mages shouldn't have that power.
Eponymous-Archon

Post by Eponymous-Archon »

Along these lines, I wonder what other powers might be reasonable and analogous to the Mage of Light's adjacency influence (or like leadership).

Paralysis, for example: adjacent enemy units can't strike back when attacked. If allowed to attack on their own, this would create some nice risk to the paralyzer to compensate for the risk-free attacking phase he and his allies enjoy.

Just pondering...
The Eponymous Archon