Can't pass "Hasty Alliance" from "Heir to the

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
bildoon

Can't pass "Hasty Alliance" from "Heir to the

Post by bildoon »

When Orcs arrive the game crash with the message:

Code: Select all

Battle for Wesnoth v0.9.2
Started on Tue Jun  7 22:54:35 2005

started game: 1486178743
Checking video mode: 1024x768x16...
setting mode to 1024x768x32
locale could not be determined; defaulting to system locale
no valid cache found. Writing cache to '/home/bildoon/.wesnoth/cache/game.cfg-cache-v0.9.2-MEDIUM-NORMAL'
started music
showing title screen...
Loading tips of day
title screen returned result
no valid cache found. Writing cache to '/home/bildoon/.wesnoth/cache/game.cfg-cache-v0.9.2-CAMPAIGN_HEIR_TO_THE_THRONE-EASY'
scenario: 'Hasty_Alliance'
has snapshot: no
skipping...
error display: could not open image ''
error engine: player not found!
wesnoth: pathfind.cpp:149: paths::route a_star_search(const gamemap::location&, const gamemap::location&, double, const cost_calculator*, size_t, size_t, const std::set<gamemap::location, std::less<gamemap::location>, std::allocator<gamemap::location> >*): Assertion `src.valid(parWidth, parHeight)' failed.
Abandon

My config:
linux 2.6 -- gcc 3.4.3 -- Wesnoth 0.9.2 compiled from sources

If you want my save-game, I can send mail ...

ps: sorry, I don't speak english, but if anyone know french I would be glad to
explain more in detail...
silene

Post by silene »

Please post a bug-report on Savannah, so that you can attach the savefile to it; it will be better than sending it by mail.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=wesnoth
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

ps: sorry, I don't speak english, but if anyone know french I would be glad to explain more in detail...

As you want to be answered in French, I will write my answer in French:
j'ai déjà eu un bug de ce type sous :evil: Windows :evil: :

no valid cache found. Writing cache to '/home/bildoon/.wesnoth/cache/game.cfg-cache-v0.9.2-MEDIUM-NORMAL' 
Tout s'est résolu en réinstallant le jeu. Sous Linux, faut recompiler les fichiers, mais ça doit revenir au même.

Apparamment, le problème est du à des fichiers abimés.

PS: votre anglais n'est pas si mauvais :!:
Et d'autres plusieurs personnes sur le forum parlent français. Mais le mieux pour être compris de tous est l'Anglais.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
silene

Post by silene »

Tux2B wrote:j'ai déjà eu un bug de ce type sous Windows :

Reconstruire le cache n'est pas un bug du tout, c'est le comportement normal du jeu, et sans aucun rapport avec le problème rencontré par bildoon.

(short english version: Tux2B's reply was completely irrelevant)
bildoon

Post by bildoon »

Tout d'abord, merci pour vos réponses.

Comme silene me l'a demandé, j'ai posté un rapport de bug et celui-ci a déja été pris en compte :).

ps:
votre anglais n'est pas si mauvais
Merci, mais il m'a fallut a long-time pour écrire ces trois phrases! :oops:
Par-contre, pas de problème pour lire l'anglais :?
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

silene wrote:
Tux2B wrote:j'ai déjà eu un bug de ce type sous Windows :

Reconstruire le cache n'est pas un bug du tout, c'est le comportement normal du jeu, et sans aucun rapport avec le problème rencontré par bildoon.

(short english version: Tux2B's reply was completely irrelevant)
Well, the fact is I have had such a problem. I couldn't start Wesnoth, and when I opened stderr.txt, I had such a message. Everything went right again when I installed Wesnoth again. But it may be different with Linux.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Matthias[Wlkp]

Post by Matthias[Wlkp] »

Hi! I'm new here, and I have a similar problem.

Just after I finish "Lost General" there's a little chat with the woman I fought before, orcs arrive and game crashes.

I have a savegame, but... I can't locate it... I'm a Linux noob also... I searched game folder in /usr/local/share/wesnoth, but savegames seem to be not present there...

I use BFW 0.9.2, from tar.gz downloaded from Your website, gcc 3.4.3, SDL 1.2.8, Mandrake 10.2 (Mandriva).
bildoon

Post by bildoon »

Hi Matthias,

you can find your savegames under ~/.wesnoth/saves/
Matthias[Wlkp]

Post by Matthias[Wlkp] »

Argh.... I posted bug report (http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=wesnoth), but forgot to check if it was posted before.... It was already there by bildoon... Sorry, it won't happen again :x
Albino

Post by Albino »

So how do you advance past this bit then? Or is the scenarion completely stuffed up from there?
Matthias[Wlkp]

Post by Matthias[Wlkp] »

No, I didn't pass through. It was posted before, so it's pointless to have the same bug twice.
mirko_3

Post by mirko_3 »

I have the same problem as well... :(
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

To continue playing:
  • replace your Hasty_Alliance.cfg file with this one, [1]
    remove your game cache files, [2]
    start the game, and
    load the end-of-scenario savegame from The Lost General.
When Hasty Alliance starts, the errors will no longer occur.

There were three illegal coordinates in the scenario: one was outside the map, one was in cavewall, and one specified a move of two hexes in one go. In the past these have been ignored, but the new stricter pathfinder in 0.9.2 choked on these.

[1] The location of this file depends on your operating system: use the "Find File" functions of your operating system if you don't know where it is. On Unix-type systems it is often in /usr/local/share/wesnoth/data/scenarios/Heir_To_The_Throne/Hasty_Alliance.cfg while on Mac OS X it is in a folder inside the application bundle (right click the program in the Finder, select "Show Package Contents").

[2] On a Unix-type system you can do rm ~/.wesnoth/cache/game.cfg-cache* and on Mac OS X the cache files are probably inside the ~/Library/Preferences/Wesnoth/cache folder, remove all the files in there that have names that start with game.cfg-cache.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Matthias[Wlkp]

Post by Matthias[Wlkp] »

Works :lol:

BIG thanks!
Albino

Post by Albino »

It does! - ott, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Many thanks for alllowing us to continue.