EI - Northern Outpost: Killed both leaders but haven't won

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Xanous

EI - Northern Outpost: Killed both leaders but haven't won

Post by Xanous »

Using 0.9.1

Killed the Undead leader and all his skeletons
Ally said: We still need to kill the bandits

Found bandit leader and killed him too.
Ally said: We still need to kill the undead.

The level continues until time runs out.

Seems like a bug to me. Any way to fix it? I've already altered the 3rd level scenario file so my white mage didn't get lost coming out of the tunnels.

I'd attach a replay but the bandits poping out of a village causes the replay to stop due to 'curruption'.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

From the changelog:
CVS HEAD:
[snip]
* Northern Outpost: killing enemies in "wrong" order is now a win (#12922)
So, you can either wait for 0.9.2 to come out (probably on Friday), or go to the CVS repository, download the new Northern Outpost scenario file, and copy it over the 0.9.1 scenario file.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Xanous

Post by Xanous »

Sweet. Thanks Turin.

I found the file and copied it over. Now not only can I finish the level I also get another bottle of holy water!
js

Post by js »

Can't seem to find the CVS file (and I run a Mac, in case that matters). Is there a textedit patch for this?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

No, but I don't think you'll need it. Just download 0.9.2, the bug is fixed in it. IIRC, the MacOS version is out already.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm

Post by Guest »

Nope. There's the source code for .9.2, and it's up for Windows, but not for Mac.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

crimsonpenguin (in the 0.9.2 thread) wrote: have made an OS X build, which is available here:
http://www.analogllama.com/bfwOSX092.dmg
If that doesn't work, try:
http://www.thejenovaproject.com/bfwOSX092.dmg
(Thanks to Gafgarion for adding data to it and uploading/hosting it.)

This build probably won't work on 10.2, but translations do work in it, and it does work on 10.3+.
The World of Orbivm

Post by Guest »

Thanks. I run 10.2, so hopefully this will work...

Post by Guest »

Yeah. Doesn't work. I wonder if turning "victory_when_enemies_defeated:" to "yes" would fix it?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

That would allow you to win, yes, although you won't win the way the scenario is supposed to let you win. :)

The correct file is here, in any case. Just paste it over the original file for 0.9.1.
The World of Orbivm
js

Post by js »

Thanks for the patch. I appreciate it...
Caillean1111

Post by Caillean1111 »

I've got the same problem as Xanous.
The undeads were killed by my ally and I killed the leader of the outlaws. But I dind't win.
I replaced the file with the one from 9.2 and reloaded the game at the point when I killed the leader of the outlaws. But I didn't win either.
Do I have to play this scenario again? From the beginning? Or is it wrong that my ally kills the undeads. Do I have to kill them by myself?
scott

Post by scott »

When you save a game mid-scenario, a snapshot of the entire scenario is stored with the file. Thus, any changes you later make to the scenario config file are NOT reflected in the saved game.

You'll have to either start from the scenario beginning or edit the saved game itself so it reads the same as the new scenario config file.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Caillean1111

Post by Caillean1111 »

Thanks. I'll start it from the beginning then.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

scott, if you just load the save file with [show replay] turned on, all changes to the .cfg file are reflected in the scenario, and the moment it becomes corrupt, you can play it from them on as if you had restarted the scenario. ;)
The World of Orbivm