Dutch translation

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Well, what extactly is the file supposed to do here? If you want me to commit it, send it to me by mail (would be a good idea, there were changes which should be merged in). I do not intend to set a precedence for extracting translations from the forum - too much trouble for me. If you want it in, send it directly to me. :)
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

I put the files here so that it can be corrected. I will mail it you when it will be finished and corrected (don't forget I am ot Dutch, so I make some basic mistakes that have to be corrected).
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

No problem to me. But like I wrote, there was an update to LoW which means that your file won't contain 100% of the strings if you complete it. On the other hand it's only a small number of strings which have changed so it doesn't pose a huge problem either. If you want me to sync your current version against the new base, just mail it to me.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Here is the newest po file. Please, send me all the corrections it needs.
Attachments
nl.po
(142.68 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Onne

Post by Onne »

Hey Tux2B!

Just wanted to say thanks for joining the Dutch translation team! Your work is greatly appreciated :D
bloom

Post by bloom »

Sorry, I'm a bit late, but here are corrections and suggestions for your latest file. :)
Attachments
nl-wesmere.txt
(3.34 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Thanks for your suggestions. :) They will be added to the file. I have nearly finished translating the campaign. But after that, I will translate it into French before translating another campaign into Dutch.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

:arrow: Here is the tranlation of the Legend of Wesmere. 82 gaps are left, most of all in the end, because they were too technic for me. My knowledge of Dutch has its limits. I won't translate this file any further in Dutch. After I will add corrections to it, I will consider it is finished and send it to Torangan. And after this translation, I will translate a user campaign (maybe the same one) in French. Then I'll translate files into Dutch again, etc...

PS: Can you explain me when you use de en when you use het please? Because I always make mistakes with that. And as I haven't learned Dutch with Dutch lessons, I haven't really learned the difference. :wink:
Attachments
Wesmere.po
Here is the file:
(166.99 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
bloom

Post by bloom »

Tux2B wrote::arrow: Here is the tranlation of the Legend of Wesmere. 82 gaps are left, most of all in the end, because they were too technic for me. My knowledge of Dutch has its limits. I won't translate this file any further in Dutch. After I will add corrections to it, I will consider it is finished and send it to Torangan. And after this translation, I will translate a user campaign (maybe the same one) in French. Then I'll translate files into Dutch again, etc...
Ok, after you have submitted it I will see if I can fill in the gaps.
Tux2B wrote:PS: Can you explain me when you use de en when you use het please? Because I always make mistakes with that. And as I haven't learned Dutch with Dutch lessons, I haven't really learned the difference. :wink:
Hmmm, yes. It's like le and la in French; some words go with de, others with het. Grammatically speaking 'de' is for masculine and feminine words and 'het' is for neuter words. Mostly you just have to know what a word is or look it up in a dictionary.

Also, 'de' and 'het' determine whether you use 'dit/dat' or 'deze/die':
het leger -> dit leger / dat leger
de vijand -> deze vijand / die vijand
Attachments
nl-wesmere.txt
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Here the newest file. Tell me if I can consider it is finished. If yes, I send it to Torangan.
Attachments
Wesmere.po
(166.95 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
bloom

Post by bloom »

Tux2B wrote:Here the newest file. Tell me if I can consider it is finished. If yes, I send it to Torangan.
I read through it quickly. Only thing I found was a "noorde" instead of "noorden", but other than that it's good :wink:
Roel

Post by Roel »

Hello, I just played the first few scenarios of the first campaign and alltough I think you did a good job i would like to give some suggestions.

"High Lord" ->"Grote Heer" I would suggest "Hoge Heer", as "grote" would mean he is tall, and "hoge" means he has might.

#: Legend_of_Wesmere.cfg:30 -> "het tweede orkinvasie" should be "de tweede orkinvasie"

#: Legend_of_Wesmere/scenarios/A_Warning.cfg:58 msgid "
"Kalenz, je hebt je opdracht afgerond. De Koning van de Orken is dood en je hebt je land heroverd. Maar toch voel ik geen vrede in je." -> "Kalenz, je hebt je opdracht voltooid. De koning van de Orken is dood en je hebt je land heroverd. Maar toch voel ik geen rust in je ... "

There are lots more but maybe I can be more helpfull with some untranslated strings? Most things I mentioned here are just lines that do not sound like a native speaker would suspect.
bloom

Post by bloom »

Roel wrote:There are lots more but maybe I can be more helpfull with some untranslated strings? Most things I mentioned here are just lines that do not sound like a native speaker would suspect.
Hoi Roel,

Ik schakel maar even over op het Nederlands.

Ik ben er zeker van dat je hulp op prijs gesteld wordt :wink:. Ik had gezegd dat ik de gaten zou opvullen, maar ik ben nu druk bezig met het vertalen van Heir to the Throne en wesnoth zelf in verband met de naderende versie 1.0.

Als je wilt kun je jezelf ook toevoegen op de "dutch translation" wiki-pagina http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/DutchTranslation.
Roel

Post by Roel »

Ik vrees dat ik iets meer hulp nodig heb. Ik wil graag helpen, klik ik gewoon op de "edit" -link en vul ik mailadres in? Stuurt iemand mij dan werk of moet ik zelf ergens gaan zoeken wat er nog te doen valt?
bloom

Post by bloom »

Roel wrote:Ik vrees dat ik iets meer hulp nodig heb. Ik wil graag helpen, klik ik gewoon op de "edit" -link en vul ik mailadres in? Stuurt iemand mij dan werk of moet ik zelf ergens gaan zoeken wat er nog te doen valt?
Je moet tegenwoordig een account aanmaken om de wiki te kunnen aanpassen. Anders stuur je mij je e-mailadres en dan zet ik je er wel bij (mijn adres staat op de wikipagina).

Er is genoeg werk te doen, dus je hebt een ruime keuze :) . "Legend of Wesmere" is een user campaign die niet standaard met het spel wordt meegeleverd. Er zijn nog veel meer user campaigns en de meeste zijn nog niet naar het nederlands vertaald. Torangan beheert die vertalingen. Meer info staat op de wiki: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp. Als je Legend of Wesmere gaat afmaken, moet je even contact opnemen met Tux2B, en als je een user campaign gaat vertalen moet je bij Torangan zijn.

Wesnoth zelf en de mainline campaigns zijn helemaal vertaald, maar de kwaliteit laat nog wat te wensen over :oops: . Je kunt één (of meer) van de mainline campaigns (HttT, EI, SotBE, TDH, TRoW) uitkiezen om te beheren en corrigeren. Er is ook nog een aantal nieuwe, vrij lange unit descriptions (voor in de help), die nog niet vertaald zijn. Elke hulp op dit gebied is zeer welkom :) .