Dwarf Sniper and Pistolier

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

dibblethewrecker wrote:I think i made plenty of gameplay suggestions - i think you just choose not to see them EP
All you made is attack suggestions. A suggestion of "Let's have a unit with this attack!" lacks a lot of detail, and is thus hard to respond to.

Could you come up with some stats?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

I can see where this is going and i must say that reloading time relies mostly on training. If were talking fireamrs from the 13th century yes the process would be lengthy as hell, but say they had a 18th century firearm one could get if i rember right almost 6 shots off with semi accuracy. Now since the thunderer uses a basic gun at lv 3 he might since that would be the most trained dwarf in such knowledges get two shots off.

Now on to the pistolier. Frm what i hear everyone seems to believe dwarfs are the most gruff and manly race ever, and such they would never use a pistol. This isn't quite right as two pistols is not sissy man fighting. It's merely deciding to use two pistols and sacrafice accuracy for sheer firepower. So really why not have the third level be a split. One have marksman to show one trianing for accuracy and then the other be the pistolier who decided might makes right, and accuracy be damned.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
dtw

Post by dtw »

Tell you what EP - seeing as you have loads more experience of stat proposal than me and you are probably going to bet the first to suggest amendments - why don't you propose some stats and i'll critique them according to "my" "idea"

:)
Elvish_Pillager

dibblethewrecker wrote:Tell you what EP - seeing as you have loads more experience of stat proposal than me and you are probably going to bet the first to suggest amendments - why don't you propose some stats and i'll critique them according to "my" "idea"

:)
I'm not interested.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
dtw

Post by dtw »

So you suggest I suggest some stats and then say you are not interested in the unit? Is that correct?
Elvish_Pillager

dibblethewrecker wrote:So you suggest I suggest some stats and then say you are not interested in the unit? Is that correct?
Allow me to rephrase: Your ideas so far are not inspiring enough to me for me to have any desire to create stats for them.
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

I feel ignored.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
dtw

Post by dtw »

EP - that's what i thought

Tippsey - thats cos you have said the same as everyone else, which is now a moot point any way and besides not what the topic was about in the first place
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

I think the unit you have proposed is a little to mighty, so if it is integrated to a campaign, it will have to be VERY expensive. And I agree with EP: propose some more things, like costs, experience...
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
dtw

Post by dtw »

This is all about nothing anyway, since WINR
Just quote this from EP - all counter arguements have been contray to this statement - i find the consistency on these forums hilarious
I think the unit you have proposed is a little to mighty
I actually suggested two - one, the sprayer, was proposed in another thread, I just bought it up again, I guess the pistolier also was. The other two ideas people have actually shown positive interest in - but seeing as virtually everyone is hung up on the realisticness of the machine gunner reload even tho WINR reality and allows an elf to carry around several tens of kilos of arrows, they are not actually being discussed much

i will propose some stats for the other two
egbert

Post by egbert »

dibblethewrecker wrote:
egbert wrote: Firstly, I'd like to remind you that Wesnoth is a FANTASY GAME. Legends apply here.
Secondly, who says dragon's don't talk? Who says they can't carry swords?
try reading what I ACTUALLY WROTE you IDIOT before shooting your mouth off! Your post agrees with what I said but attacks me for saying it!

You don't like the gun ideas, boo-[censored]-hoo, it was merely a suggestion, which, after debate turns out to be a crap one, but i really don't need to read nonsensical crap from people long after the debate is closed.

Try thinking about what I wrote...

How am I backing up what you said, I'm saying we don't have to stick to reality, but, as Wesnoth is a fantasy game, it would be advisable to stick to the 'reality' of fantasy which legends supply. An exaggerated analogy of what I'm opposing would be a suggestion to stick flying trees that look like kangaroos in a game. "Why not?" Someone says. "We don't have to stick to reality".

I'm reminding you that legends can be thought of as realism for a fantasy game. A game like wesnoth is BASED on legend like this. I say that Wesnoth loses it's fantasy quality if we introduce advanced guns.

We have a cool game with elvish fighters, captains, spearmen, mages, all kinds of cool things like that. We do not need things like... ULTRAMACHINEGUNMEN. It doesn't fit the theme.

This could be a neat idea but I, at least, DO NOT want things from more modern culture interfering with a good fantasy game, thank you very much. Perhaps if you can come up with something that's like the thunder/dragon sticks that does the same thing it woudl be more acceptable.

I'm fine with the idea if you can get it to fit in well, but I doubt it.
dtw

Post by dtw »

yawn - lets waste more time argueing over a discarded idea
paroneayea

Post by paroneayea »

You're right that there's no point arguing here. I think what's kind of ridiculous is that you're the one making things hostile, dibble.
dtw

Post by dtw »

no - what is ridiculous is that no mater how many times i have tried in this thread to move off of the machine gunner topic and onto the other two units, being the pistolier and the sniper/rifleman, the only thing people are posting about is the machine gunner.

the debate about the machine gunner is long closed
Elvish_Pillager

dibblethewrecker wrote:no - what is ridiculous is that no mater how many times i have tried in this thread to move off of the machine gunner topic and onto the other two units, being the pistolier and the sniper/rifleman,
The number of times you have tried this is precisely 0. Unless you want to quote one of your previous posts and point out how it was such an attempt?