Test please

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Disto

Test please

Post by Disto »

Can someone who actually has 0.9.0 actually test my campaign (A Seed of Evil) to see if it actually starts up fine, with no errors.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
polaris9485

Post by polaris9485 »

I get the message "Unknown scenario: 'the_first_scenario'". Thanks.
Disto

Post by Disto »

As i've basically given up on the campaign i might delete it from the list... It's rubbish anyhow.
Creator of the Marauders
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

No need for the harsh words! I think only some small changes are needed for 0.9.0, then you can start getting real feedback on it again.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Shade

Don't give up!

Post by Shade »

Disto wrote:As i've basically given up on the campaign i might delete it from the list...
Don't give up! It's just the joy of developing with WML in a pre-1.0 environment :) I hope you get it fixed and running under .9 or .9.1...
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
Disto

Post by Disto »

ott wrote:No need for the harsh words! I think only some small changes are needed for 0.9.0, then you can start getting real feedback on it again.
I got feedback?
Creator of the Marauders
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

the result is the same as reported, I played the campain and I think that was quite good till this point.

Please update it
Disto

Post by Disto »

I don't have 0.9.0 so i don't know what is wrong with it.
Creator of the Marauders
MRhe

Post by MRhe »

Get 9.0 and keep working on it. I enjoyed the campaign before I upgraded to 9.1; now I can't run it anymore. The only way you can get feedback is to get a playable (at least partially!) campaign on the server. From what I've read, it sounds like you've gotten a great deal of positive feedback. Quality campaigns are not only fun, but very valuable in terms of getting people interested in Wesnoth, expanding and working on it, etc.

Please consider working on this more; if you make it playable I'll give you some detailed feedback.
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ok, sure, Scott has the changes to get it too at least partly work, i just haven't got round to do anything wesnoth.
Creator of the Marauders
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ok, i've put a temporary fix on the surver, there will be bugs, and if you can inform me of them they will be fixed.
Creator of the Marauders
Quensul
Art Contributor

Post by Quensul »

Okay, taking notes as I play through it...

Just redownloaded Seed of Evil a couple hours ago, and had the following errors on campaign start (Debian Testing, 0.9.1-1):

Unterminated [element] tag (line 18746, column 16)
Unterminated closing tag (line 18749, column 13)
Unterminated [element] tag (line 18836, column 14)
Unterminated closing tag (line 18839, column 13)

There are various missing spaces and stuff in the story text, but I'll leave text editing for later.

The beginning dialog of the_first_scenario is messed up (all Garard's utterances are missing); I'm assuming it's related to the WML parsing errors.

It's rather odd that the story text discusses Galdrad's death, then poof! he's there in the first scenario.

Muuh doesn't recruit the first turn; is this intentional?

It's not clear from the scenario objectives that Garard is an enemy (I was still confused about him still being there). It might be better to have the victory conditions be "Defeat Garard, Glijea, and Muuh". During my first attempt, I deployed as if Garard was an ally, and got rolled up like a rug. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.
Author of Wercator
Disto

Post by Disto »

Quensul wrote:Okay, taking notes as I play through it...

Just redownloaded Seed of Evil a couple hours ago, and had the following errors on campaign start (Debian Testing, 0.9.1-1):

Unterminated [element] tag (line 18746, column 16)
Unterminated closing tag (line 18749, column 13)
Unterminated [element] tag (line 18836, column 14)
Unterminated closing tag (line 18839, column 13)

There are various missing spaces and stuff in the story text, but I'll leave text editing for later.

The beginning dialog of the_first_scenario is messed up (all Garard's utterances are missing); I'm assuming it's related to the WML parsing errors.

It's rather odd that the story text discusses Galdrad's death, then poof! he's there in the first scenario.

Muuh doesn't recruit the first turn; is this intentional?

It's not clear from the scenario objectives that Garard is an enemy (I was still confused about him still being there). It might be better to have the victory conditions be "Defeat Garard, Glijea, and Muuh". During my first attempt, I deployed as if Garard was an ally, and got rolled up like a rug. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.
He should be a ally.... Oh well, the way it should go is once you have defeated Muuh, he turns round and blah, blah blah blah etc... I don't know why Muuh doesn't recruit on the first turn either. And the dialog has already been fixed. There was a space in his description on the [side] section which mean't none of the dialog shows for him. And yes i do need to change the story, it was entirely lifted from HttT then edited.
Creator of the Marauders
zaimoni

Post by zaimoni »

I haven't worked out when Muuh recruits on his first turn. I think it has something to do with what you do with Disto and Eldred.

If Disto grabs the city due north after recruiting, Muuh will recruit in the first turn in both Normal and Hard. I haven't played it on Easy.

If Disto stays on the keep and Eldred stays in his fortress hex, Muuh doesn't recruit on the first turn in Normal. I haven't tested this in Hard.
Disto

Post by Disto »

I can't remember whether i uploaded what i did last night, but now he should be allied to you, it was because i had 2 bits of the same code last night, and Scott can you look at scenario 6 i can't get it too do what it was doing in 0.8.9. Also Garard can talk again now.
Creator of the Marauders