How heavy are the changes in HttT?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tomyellow

How heavy are the changes in HttT?

Post by Tomyellow »

Hi,

I played HttT under 0.8.11 until Princess of Wesnoth. I restarted it 3 times, 'cause when I got to Siege of Wesnoth I always realized, that my army is weak, unexperienced and poor.
At least I done it, and I'm pleased with my progress. I don't want to start again.
Should I restart the campaign? Was heavy changes? Will I be chanceless in a later scenarios cause of that I played (slightly) other scenarios?

TIA.
Cheers,
Tomyellow
Disto

Post by Disto »

You will probably have to start the scenario again but there are no that major changes.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Tomyellow

Post by Tomyellow »

Disto wrote:You will probably have to start the scenario again but there are no that major changes.
Good news, thanks!
I'm just after Crossroads, so it won't be a problem.

Cheers,
Tomyellow
Darkmoon

Post by Darkmoon »

Dont worry,... before .9.1 will come out with all the bugs sorted out, and compiled for windows, it might take a few days... or a week or two.

I would just continue playing that campaign in .8.11 and get new wesnoth once you pass the campaign(it should be ready by then). Besides, unless you play multiplayer there is no hurry to get new wesnoth.
Darkmoon

Post by Darkmoon »

Ahh,... just a minute too late :D
Tomyellow

Post by Tomyellow »

Darkmoon wrote:Dont worry,... before .9.1 will come out with all the bugs sorted out, and compiled for windows, it might take a few days... or a week or two.

I would just continue playing that campaign in .8.11 and get new wesnoth once you pass the campaign(it should be ready by then). Besides, unless you play multiplayer there is no hurry to get new wesnoth.
I will compile the new version to my $HOME. MP will played by 0.9.0, campaign by 0.8.11.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Tomyellow
jdodson

Post by jdodson »

are they planning on balancing the heir compaign anymore? i am waiting to start it until it gets "finished."

i know in .9 there was a lot of balancing going on. i snagged the source and it is running on my box now.

i guess i am waiting till a "we wont really change the game much" until i start to delve into it deeply.
Shade

Hi.

Post by Shade »

jdodson wrote:are they planning on balancing the heir compaign anymore? i am waiting to start it until it gets "finished."
A lot of balancing changes have already gone on... Most of the things that were 'insanely hard' have already been fixed. In the .8.11 cycle I pretty much only WML committed cleanups (You as a player won't notice much)... I've done the first leg of the touch ups to 'Mountian Pass', I plan to commit the second leg, 'Mountian Pass' to after 'Sceptre'... The final leg is from after 'Sceptre' to the end... and this is only the first pass...

None of this should stop you from playing HttT... Most of the changes coming are of the "Make what we have better" type (With the possible exception of compressing 3 of the later scenario into 1 + A Test of the Clans).

The biggest 'impediment' is my own shortness of time, and the fact that I'm sitting on top of a lot of WML.

The way things stand:
-I want to get the 'Gryphon Mountian' changes in before a possible snap .9.1.
-Post .9.1 I want to get 'Tutorial' done. Dacyn's 3rd level + some other modifications (most of the credit goes to Dacyn).
-Get the much delayed 'second leg' in.
-Post .9.2, get the 'third leg' in. This leg has the most work to be done on it, but I've already started so it shouldn't be that bad.
-After this... silly aesthetic stuff... campfires, etc...
-After that look at balance, flow, and tone on a 'macro' level.

None of this 'stuff' should really detract from your enjoyment of HttT now... Heck, I fell in love with this game when HttT was only 3/4 done and the graphics, balance, and scenario interactivity were quite a bit lower than they are now...
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages