Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

That would be cool.
Sorry for the meaningless post
Attila

Post by Attila »

I was procrastinating instead of doing work. So I made a cherubin with a fashionable gold harp. I'm probably going to recolor the cape and bandanna, but I have work to do.

I was thinking for the line:

Code: Select all

lvl 1 cherubin

lvl 2 angelic warrior      lvl 2 herald

lvl 3 archangel            lvl 3 ???
Attachments
cherub.png
cherub.png (3.45 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

Any of these animated?
Sorry for the meaningless post
Attila

Post by Attila »

I was planning on getting all the units nice looking before starting that.
Attila

Post by Attila »

I made a herald. :D
Attachments
herald.png
herald.png (9.13 KiB) Viewed 3657 times
Attila

Post by Attila »

I was thinking for the tree: (I still need to draw the ???, but I want to connect the two lines somehow)

lvl 1 ??? - lvl 2 cherub - lvl 3 herald
          \ lvl 2 angel  - lvl 3 archangel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_angels

This is so that they can be used as:
a) a npc in campaigns (what they were meant to be)
b) a hero / leader in a campaign
Attila

Post by Attila »

romnajin wrote:Any of these animated?
now they are

as follows:

herald:
normal, defend, melee (touch, kinda like the shyde), horn, harp song (slows)

archangel:
normal, defend, sword

angel:
normal, defend, attack 1, attack 2
Attachments
angel-animated.png
angel-animated.png (14.96 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
archangel-animated.png
archangel-animated.png (13.36 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
herald-animated.png
herald-animated.png (12.67 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
Attila

Post by Attila »

and now the demon tree:

normal   defense   attack
dark cherub
demon warrior
demon lord
Attachments
demon-tree.png
demon-tree.png (19.61 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
Attila

Post by Attila »

I recolored the cherub's cape / bandanna light blue; I think it looks much better.

the cherub's animations:

normal, defend, sword, harp song

I'm going to sleep
Attachments
cherub-animation.png
cherub-animation.png (6.38 KiB) Viewed 3610 times
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Personaly I am very against frankensteining units; The only units that I find legamit to base off of other units are leveled versions of other units; For the rest the "base" of another unit should only be used in obvious racial and non-important parts (Almost all dwarves have the same legs because it'd be insanity to try and make a dwarf with custom legs in a different pose taken that's the only pose that really fits the dwarves)

Though pasting gryphon and Dragon wings on edited elves isn't really something I'd be proud of, At least try to make the wings custom because simply having mirrored wings on their back is pooey.
Attila

meh

Post by Attila »

I'm doing this so I can learn to draw, granted the basis for most is a cut and paste, assortment, but also I ended up doing things I've never attempeted before such as good custom coloring, a better knowledge of how to use GIMP, and the beginings of the ability to scratch draw things. Granted, these aren't paricuarly good units, but I had to start somewhere. I put them on the board because I wanted people's feedback, and advice on how to do things that I didn't know how to do. I never intended any of these units to make it into the game. Why would I? I was just making them, to better my drawing, and to have a little fun with imagination.
vartagh

Post by vartagh »

why don't you make the demon-lord 's head HORNED ????
All demons are horned....
Disto

Post by Disto »

You really want to avoid cutting and pasting, it may be a easy shortcut but it is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad one.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Re: meh

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Attila wrote:I'm doing this so I can learn to draw, granted the basis for most is a cut and paste, assortment, but also I ended up doing things I've never attempeted before such as good custom coloring, a better knowledge of how to use GIMP, and the beginings of the ability to scratch draw things. Granted, these aren't paricuarly good units, but I had to start somewhere. I put them on the board because I wanted people's feedback, and advice on how to do things that I didn't know how to do. I never intended any of these units to make it into the game. Why would I? I was just making them, to better my drawing, and to have a little fun with imagination.

In this case I can fully respect it, Though cutting and pasting is not something I can advice; The moment I went over to fully scratch work was the moment my pixel capability actually expanded; I'm not saying that the entire unit should be scratch; I mean I base alot of my units off of other units (Appart from things like the dragons and stuff)

But you should see it as the following; "ONLY use a base if it looks exactly the way you want it in the first place" And I can see by the way those wings are pasted on that that definetly is not the way you'd want it to look.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Cutting and pasting can work if you change the unit enough so that it isn't easily recognizable as an elf with wings. I think your demon units look promising, I like the wings on the second and third unit. Especially the third unit, which really looks like a new unit. I'd like to see some smaller demons, like a flying imp (a level 1 demon). I'm thinking of a little red guy with horns, claws and a spiked tail. Your wings look good, can you now go back and draw different bodies? Keep up the good work.