Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
16%
Reaper
8%
Scythemaster
6%
Shadowalker
5%
Shadow Prince
11%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
11%
Soul Shooter
3%
Swordmaster
19%
Troll Boulderlobber
No votes
Warlock
8%
Werewolf Rider
3%
Zombie Rider
2%

Total votes: 62

lhaire

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by lhaire »

edwardspec wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 7:57 am
lhaire wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 10:29 pm
With the Elder Mage, I have currently achieved the "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack"
"Lightning" is a special damage type. It always deals 100% of the declared damage. If it says "28 damage", then any unit will take 28 damage. No enemy is resistant or vulnerable to it.
It is not arcane damage, so arcane resistance penetration doesn't affect it.
Well, this is also what I thought. But then my question is - why does the Elder Mage have an Arcane penetration advancement when he has no Arcane attack to begin with? Is this a bug?
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

lhaire wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:37 am
Well, this is also what I thought. But then my question is - why does the Elder Mage have an Arcane penetration advancement when he has no Arcane attack to begin with?
It does have Arcane attack at first. Taking "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack" advancement is optional, and if it not taken (and before it is taken), the "unearthly lightning" attack is arcane-type (not lightning-type) and is affected by "breaking through enemy arcane resistances better" advancements.

I agree that this is confusing (player doesn't expect the attack to become weaker after an advancement).
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

edwardspec wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:52 am
lhaire wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 11:37 am
Well, this is also what I thought. But then my question is - why does the Elder Mage have an Arcane penetration advancement when he has no Arcane attack to begin with?
It does have Arcane attack at first. Taking "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack" advancement is optional, and if it not taken (and before it is taken), the "unearthly lightning" attack is arcane-type (not lightning-type) and is affected by "breaking through enemy arcane resistances better" advancements.

I agree that this is confusing (player doesn't expect the attack to become weaker after an advancement).
Ahh ok, thanks very much for the clarification. This was not evident before to me.
Lumiinee

Post by Lumiinee »

Hello, I found a problem as I was playing through the mode for the first time. I launched it up through the campaign menu and enabled three other addons: Advanced Wesnoth Wars, XP Mod and Unitmarker. During the campaign, when my unit levelled up, in this case, it was a bowman, an error popped up in the chat log and said unit disappeared. Attached is the chat log error thing that I found. The computer specs are a windows 10 64 bit laptop. I'll provide more details when requested. Thanks.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
jogajdosik

Post by jogajdosik »

Hey,
I found an error(?). With Vritra in Ch8, the "doing more damage with the furious attack" does not increase damage for the {lesser berserk (5)} attack, as the attacks improved by the advancement are 'mberserk', 'mberserk2', and 'mberserk3'; not 'mberserk2', 'mberserk3', and 'mberserk5', as they are named. This nerfs the {lesser berserk (5)} attack seriously (30% of the sword attack).
dabber

Post by dabber »

jogajdosik wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 2:05 pm
I found an error(?). With Vritra in Ch8, the "doing more damage with the furious attack" does not increase damage for the {lesser berserk (5)} attack, as the attacks improved by the advancement are 'mberserk', 'mberserk2', and 'mberserk3'; not 'mberserk2', 'mberserk3', and 'mberserk5', as they are named. This nerfs the {lesser berserk (5)} attack seriously (30% of the sword attack).
Good catch. Fix submitted to github.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Lumiinee wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 1:19 am
Hello, I found a problem as I was playing through the mode for the first time. I launched it up through the campaign menu and enabled three other addons: Advanced Wesnoth Wars, XP Mod and Unitmarker. During the campaign, when my unit levelled up, in this case, it was a bowman, an error popped up in the chat log and said unit disappeared. Attached is the chat log error thing that I found. The computer specs are a windows 10 64 bit laptop. I'll provide more details when requested. Thanks.
Do you have a save file before this unit leveled up? (if so, please attach it)
The error message is unfortunately not saying "what went wrong", but with the save I can determine that.
TheLaurels

Post by TheLaurels »

Hi!

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I've run into a bug (I think) and I'm such a long-time fan of the game I thought I'd post in case it's fixable.

First off let me just say I love LOTI and I've played for a long time on and off over the years. Right now I'm playing on ipad 13.5.1 in the latest downloadable version of LOTI from the Wesnoth app, and I'm having a weird weapon thing with Efraim and Lethalia where their damage sometimes goes down to 1 or 0. It seems to cycle, and when I select their weapons it lists weapon specials as having up to -10 effect on their weapons. It's making the first scenario of the second half of the campaign quite difficult to beat as it functionally nerfs them for many turns in a row and they're the only two units. I've run into it on other scenarios as well however, in both the first and second halves of the game. The damage seems to decrease gradually over a series of turns and then increase back up. Any ideas how I can get around this? Being stuck inside because of covid restrictions means I'm all ready to do another full play-through of this campaign if I can!

Additional unrelated note-I just finished the play through of the first half and went to the second half, and there way no way to rollover directly to the second half of the campaign like there used to be. Is there any way to keep your items or gems? I only ask because I'm trying to FINALLY craft one of the Dugi items haha
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

TheLaurels wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 4:19 pm
I'm having a weird weapon thing with Efraim and Lethalia where their damage sometimes goes down to 1 or 0. It seems to cycle, and when I select their weapons it lists weapon specials as having up to -10 effect on their weapons.
This is probably due to using attacks like Efraim's whirlwind (or Lethalia's faerie fire, if it was upgraded to have "cone" special). They cause a temporary decrease in dealt damage (e.g. 10 for whirlwind), but that decrease halves every turn.
TheLaurels wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 4:19 pm
Additional unrelated note-I just finished the play through of the first half and went to the second half, and there way no way to rollover directly to the second half of the campaign like there used to be. Is there any way to keep your items or gems? I only ask because I'm trying to FINALLY craft one of the Dugi items haha
Part 2 always starts with a clean slate (no items from Part 1, aside from few rare things like Lethalia's staff). The reason is, our protagonists did have a sun fall on them (ouch), and then they were buried in some deep cave where all kinds of graverobbers have been stealing their items for centuries.
TheLaurels

Post by TheLaurels »

This is probably due to using attacks like Efraim's whirlwind (or Lethalia's faerie fire, if it was upgraded to have "cone" special). They cause a temporary decrease in dealt damage (e.g. 10 for whirlwind), but that decrease halves every turn.

Ah interesting, I had no idea that those attacks did that! Is there a way to see a list of which attacks do that (for example, do any of the other upgraded attacks you get as you collect souls have the same effect)?
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

TheLaurels wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:39 pm
Is there a way to see a list of which attacks do that (for example, do any of the other upgraded attacks you get as you collect souls have the same effect)?
Yes, Preserved Lich and Demigod do have such attacks. These are the attacks that harm multiple units simultaneously (like Thunder or Particle Storm).
Full list of such specials: explosive, whirlwind, cleave, hose, storm, cone, explosive leech, explosive unprotected, chaos.

These specials all have a tooltip that says how serious is the decrease of damage (e.g. 2 for cleave and 10 for explosive).
TheLaurels

Post by TheLaurels »

edwardspec wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:20 pm

Yes, Preserved Lich and Demigod do have such attacks. These are the attacks that harm multiple units simultaneously (like Thunder or Particle Storm).
Full list of such specials: explosive, whirlwind, cleave, hose, storm, cone, explosive leech, explosive unprotected, chaos.

These specials all have a tooltip that says how serious is the decrease of damage (e.g. 2 for cleave and 10 for explosive).
Ah, this is awesome! I can't believe I never noticed this. Thanks so much for letting me know!
Lumiinee

Post by Lumiinee »

edwardspec wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 2:34 pm
Lumiinee wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 1:19 am
Do you have a save file before this unit leveled up? (if so, please attach it)
The error message is unfortunately not saying "what went wrong", but with the save I can determine that.
Here is the save file.
Attachments
Bowmna about to lvl up.gz
(291.39 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Lumiinee wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 1:08 am
Here is the save file.
"Before level up" code of LoTI is incompatible with "Passive XP [1/turn]" feature from "Advanced Wesnoth Wars" mod.
This is to be expected. Not all complex addons can work together seamlessly.
Lumiinee

Post by Lumiinee »

I see thanks for the help!