Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

PASS596

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by PASS596 »

edwardspec wrote: July 1st, 2020, 5:12 pm
PASS596 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 9:39 am 1. The ability wich turn undead into humans again. Forgot the name of it. It works on undead like skeletons. But from. Description I thought I will work on every undead? Currently in chapter 4 at the beginning. The third scenario you already have two old companions. And I have two with this abbility and the enemy are undead human looking people. They do not change to living when I kill them with this attack. I think this is intended or.
These vampires are not exactly undead, they are still alive to a degree. Later in the story it gets revealed what exactly they are and how they came to be.

okay nice to know. I just assumed they are normal undead because they have the undead stat
PASS596 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 9:39 am Edit: I see it's possible patched in beta.
Yes, this is already fixed in beta.
PASS596 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 9:39 am 3. I play on medium but it's kinda easy after I got back into the flow. Can I change difficultness like in other campaigns. From the safe at start of the Szenario. Or will it affect some bad things? Or break my game?
Yes, you can open the save file (it is a gzip-archived textfile, unpack it and use any text editor, then pack it again into .gz) and change the line

Code: Select all

difficulty="NORMAL"
(replacing NORMAL with HARD). Note that it should be a save from the beginning of scenario, i.e. the save that shows mission objectives when loaded (not per-turn saves, not even a turn 1 save).

I did it within the loading screen where you can change it. This should be also okay I think (I did not see any issue since I did this

Thank you for your answers
Andy

Post by Andy »

edwardspec wrote: July 1st, 2020, 5:12 pm
I agree that liches are very useful.
Storyline-wise, though, at this point Efraim and Lethalia have been living in the human lands for quite a while. While they themselves won't discriminate against the liches, literally anyone else around them (like human peasants of that country) would probably freak out and call the guards if they saw a lich. This is why Efraim and Lethalia are purposely "hiding" the undead units (they don't recruit them on purpose, and send undead that they already had away) whenever they are blending in among the living.
Ye i understand that its part of the story and important in that sense, i didnt do it this run but as far as i recall from previous runs i think if you make liches after that scenario those wont be hidden even when you finish the scenario where you are able to acquire a new one, but i could remember wrong. A warning at the start of the Efraim Lethalia battle scenario informing undead units wont be available for while in case you want to withdraw items etc could be a good subtle solution for this minor issue as well. Funny thing is that, this has happened to me multiple times in the past, every time i play a new run i forget about it :D
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

edwardspec wrote: July 1st, 2020, 5:12 pm Yes, you can open the save file (it is a gzip-archived textfile, unpack it and use any text editor, then pack it again into .gz) and change the line

Code: Select all

difficulty="NORMAL"
(replacing NORMAL with HARD). Note that it should be a save from the beginning of scenario, i.e. the save that shows mission objectives when loaded (not per-turn saves, not even a turn 1 save).
There is no need to edit anything manually, you can just select an option "Change difficulty" in the game, in "Load" menu. If you do this, the game will ask for the new difficulty level and then load a scenario.
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
jasonthesnakej

Post by jasonthesnakej »

jasonthesnakej wrote: June 30th, 2020, 3:10 am Hi
It seems to me I run into a bug. I am running 1.15.3 under Fedora 32. In Lost in Space, I failed immediately right after the dialogue finished. Any idea?
When I tried to run this in 1.14.11, I am able to see Lethalia moves next to the Verderber and have the dialogue properly. I am able to continue the game.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

jasonthesnakej wrote: July 5th, 2020, 1:07 am When I tried to run this in 1.14.11, I am able to see Lethalia moves next to the Verderber and have the dialogue properly. I am able to continue the game.
Try to play 1.14.12 or later version, otherwise 1.14.11 version: the game client will crash when sometimes opening the saved game.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hey!
Here is a bug:
If you dazzle the black souls in ch7 sc14, you can the the real unit, and not the black one.

Another Bug:
In ch8 sc4 the [endlevel] is triggered two times.

Another Bug:
In ch8 sc10 in line 197 is written speaker=enemy - I'm sure it should be speaker=petty_enemy - there is no unit with the id enemy.

boyoyoy
Attachments
8_7_2020_Lot2_ch7_sc14_dazzle_bug.png
8_7_2020_Lot2_ch7_sc14_dazzle_bug.png (111.12 KiB) Viewed 2125 times
Still thinking about, if I should think about what I should think about...
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

I'm trying to figure out how the Lightning attack works vs. Arcane penetration advancements with the Elder Mage. With the Elder Mage, I have currently achieved the "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack" and I've also taken 3 advancements for arcane penetration 3 times. My understanding of the lightning attack is that it ignores enemy resistances, so is there any point in also taking the arcane penetration advancements with the Elder Mage?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

lhaire wrote: July 12th, 2020, 10:29 pm I'm trying to figure out how the Lightning attack works vs. Arcane penetration advancements with the Elder Mage. With the Elder Mage, I have currently achieved the "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack" and I've also taken 3 advancements for arcane penetration 3 times. My understanding of the lightning attack is that it ignores enemy resistances, so is there any point in also taking the arcane penetration advancements with the Elder Mage?
As I understand, "ignoring res and vuln" works by changing the damage type from arcane to lightning. Penetration might be useful for another units with arcane attack, dunno how much you can achieve (Lethalia or elvish seer have very high arcane penetration potential)
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

dwarftough wrote: July 13th, 2020, 7:46 am
lhaire wrote: July 12th, 2020, 10:29 pm I'm trying to figure out how the Lightning attack works vs. Arcane penetration advancements with the Elder Mage. With the Elder Mage, I have currently achieved the "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack" and I've also taken 3 advancements for arcane penetration 3 times. My understanding of the lightning attack is that it ignores enemy resistances, so is there any point in also taking the arcane penetration advancements with the Elder Mage?
As I understand, "ignoring res and vuln" works by changing the damage type from arcane to lightning. Penetration might be useful for another units with arcane attack, dunno how much you can achieve (Lethalia or elvish seer have very high arcane penetration potential)
But this is the thing with the Elder Mage - he has no pure Arcane attack (he has Lightning attack instead). So this is why I'm wondering why this unit has the arcane penetration advancement. I'm guessing that although Lightning ignores enemy resistances, Arcane penetration advancement can still give further damage because it is achieving even greater penetration?
dabber

Post by dabber »

No. Once you switch to lightning, arcane penetration has no value to the Elder Mage personally.
It would be stronger if the lightning AMLA was a bonus attack, instead of changing the existing attack damage type.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

lhaire wrote: July 12th, 2020, 10:29 pmWith the Elder Mage, I have currently achieved the "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack"
"Lightning" is a special damage type. It always deals 100% of the declared damage. If it says "28 damage", then any unit will take 28 damage. No enemy is resistant or vulnerable to it.
It is not arcane damage, so arcane resistance penetration doesn't affect it.
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

edwardspec wrote: July 14th, 2020, 7:57 am
lhaire wrote: July 12th, 2020, 10:29 pmWith the Elder Mage, I have currently achieved the "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack"
"Lightning" is a special damage type. It always deals 100% of the declared damage. If it says "28 damage", then any unit will take 28 damage. No enemy is resistant or vulnerable to it.
It is not arcane damage, so arcane resistance penetration doesn't affect it.
Well, this is also what I thought. But then my question is - why does the Elder Mage have an Arcane penetration advancement when he has no Arcane attack to begin with? Is this a bug?
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

lhaire wrote: July 14th, 2020, 11:37 am Well, this is also what I thought. But then my question is - why does the Elder Mage have an Arcane penetration advancement when he has no Arcane attack to begin with?
It does have Arcane attack at first. Taking "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack" advancement is optional, and if it not taken (and before it is taken), the "unearthly lightning" attack is arcane-type (not lightning-type) and is affected by "breaking through enemy arcane resistances better" advancements.

I agree that this is confusing (player doesn't expect the attack to become weaker after an advancement).
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

edwardspec wrote: July 14th, 2020, 11:52 am
lhaire wrote: July 14th, 2020, 11:37 am Well, this is also what I thought. But then my question is - why does the Elder Mage have an Arcane penetration advancement when he has no Arcane attack to begin with?
It does have Arcane attack at first. Taking "Ignoring enemy resistances and vulnerabilities with the lightning attack" advancement is optional, and if it not taken (and before it is taken), the "unearthly lightning" attack is arcane-type (not lightning-type) and is affected by "breaking through enemy arcane resistances better" advancements.

I agree that this is confusing (player doesn't expect the attack to become weaker after an advancement).
Ahh ok, thanks very much for the clarification. This was not evident before to me.
Lumiinee

Post by Lumiinee »

Hello, I found a problem as I was playing through the mode for the first time. I launched it up through the campaign menu and enabled three other addons: Advanced Wesnoth Wars, XP Mod and Unitmarker. During the campaign, when my unit levelled up, in this case, it was a bowman, an error popped up in the chat log and said unit disappeared. Attached is the chat log error thing that I found. The computer specs are a windows 10 64 bit laptop. I'll provide more details when requested. Thanks.
Attachments
Capture.PNG