Hi one, Favourite and Least Favourite Unit?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Hi one, Favourite and Least Favourite Unit?

Post by Ravana »

My favorite unit is Witch https://units.wesnoth.org/1.14/Ageless_ ... Witch.html. Old version though, when it was 4-4 instead of 3-5, so drain worked better. It is just what I expect from dark elf.

And it is painful to fight against Cosmic Eye https://units.wesnoth.org/1.14/Ageless_ ... c_Eye.html. High speed, chance to hit, single strike high damage antishield attack. If there are few of them then something will die.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

To me it's Swordsman. It's just such a solid unit in nearly every situation. Relatively easy to level up, but very powerful and resilient.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

For me it it the Spectre. Quick thanks to its movement costs and powerful drain melee.
Least favorite is probably the heavyinfantry line. Only a few attacks, slow, high movement cost.
Poison

Post by Poison »

Most favourite: Ghoul. Least favourite: The bats ofc.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Fave: Skeletons. They are the backBONE of my undead armies! ;) While they have some weaknesses I like how they force the enemy into building units to stop them. Also great graphics (even the death anim *sniff*).

Least fave: Woses I guess. Slow, terrible defense out of woods. Hard to kill (except when their mine natch). Do love their death anims though. Pity they have no swaying in the wind, rustling leaves idle anim though.
Mystery

Post by Mystery »

I haven't played in a long while but I'll join in:

Footpad has always been my favorite, though more so before the nerf. It's one of the most versatile units in the game, not just Knalgan's, with its dual-range attack, great mobility, and low cost. Damage-wise and mobility-wise it straddles the line between scout and grunt unit, which allows it to be very reactive regardles of opponent. It can chip away favorably at any unit that isn't similarly equipped with competent dual-range weaponry and outrun any of the more dedicated combat units.

Least favorite: Drake Clasher. At the other end of the spectrum, Clasher is so very limited. I get it, the added HP and martial resists give it better damage breakpoints against some common opponents, but it's hard to look at that alone and say it's better than the Fighter's extra mobility, ranged weapon, and lower price. Somewhat ironically, the matchup it's by far the best in is the mirror match due to Drake units' natural Fire resistance protecting it from being abused at range like the typical Pierce weapon of Bowmen-type units in other factions.
5dPZ

Post by 5dPZ »

Just came back from a longgg break.

Favorite: Elvish Fighter - cheap and versatile, 1 movement and 60% in forest.

Least favorite: Heavy Infantry - expensive and slow, maybe only usable vs. dwarves.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Elvish Fighter is indeed underappreciated.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

5dPZ wrote: May 21st, 2020, 8:34 pm Least favorite: Heavy Infantry - expensive and slow, maybe only usable vs. dwarves.
Hvy Inf works well vs SkelArchers.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

From the classical units it is the elven ranger. I just prefer it over elvish fighter and elvish marksman.

From the add-on units I think it is some flying unit that can heal. Flying is so overpowered in
general. Wraith/spectre are quite good too.

I also like healing units. Trolls are cool too due to regeneration.
matto

Post by matto »

Ulfserker chop chop
Ghost slurp slurp

Grunt swung swung
Mermaid Hunter blup blup
DST#1 DST#2 DST#3

DST#4 Registration Open
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

shevegen wrote: May 30th, 2020, 5:06 am From the add-on units I think it is some flying unit that can heal. Flying is so overpowered in
general. Wraith/spectre are quite good too.
In the addons I'd agree about flying. But official ones like Bats and Gryphons seem to have been severely weakened to compensate for flight. That's my impression.
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

Hi there back! :D

My favourite unit's are definitely the ones from the bandit tree. also i like the silver mage, although it isn't really that useful. My favourite race must be either the chaotic humans or the trolls. Grüü is just so cool :mrgreen:

gr33t1ngs1nl33t

edit: least favourite units are the scorpion ones... i just don't like playing against them. all the other ones are ok.

f0rg3tful1nl33t
eh, what comes here again?
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

lhybrideur wrote: May 15th, 2020, 2:15 pm For me it it the Spectre. Quick thanks to its movement costs and powerful drain melee.
Least favorite is probably the heavyinfantry line. Only a few attacks, slow, high movement cost.
the ghosts are pretty cool yeah

gh0st1nl33t
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

Atreides wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 7:02 pm
5dPZ wrote: May 21st, 2020, 8:34 pm Least favorite: Heavy Infantry - expensive and slow, maybe only usable vs. dwarves.
Hvy Inf works well vs SkelArchers.
yeah i do like the hvyinf if on level 2 or 3

h34vy1nl33t