Help, i can't find this level

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

casa

Help, i can't find this level

Post by casa »

Hi everyone, I desperately need your help :shock:

I used to play Wesnoth years and years ago and I rememeber that there was a specific scenario where you could find both a Cokatrice and a Yeti, together with an orchish enemy on the bottom part of the map.
The objective was to defeat the enemy leader (as always) and i remember that there was a potion somewhere on the map, that could unstone units.
I also remembrer that you should probabily start with Delfador (and someone else that i don't remember), so i thought it was the main story campaign (the one with Kalenz).
So I restarted playing the campaign, but I didn't find this level!
I played other campaigns, but there is no trace of the scenario.

So, my question is: is there eventually a level like this? I mean.. i probably have dreamed it :lol:

Thanks for your help! :eng:
Elvish_Hunter

Re: Help, i can't find this level

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Time sure flies...
The levels you're talking about are Mountain Pass and Valley of Statues (the last one was the only place where Cockatrices were ever used in mainline campaigns, as far as I remember); according to the changelog, they were removed from Heir to the Throne in version 1.1.2, which was released in 2006 - no less than 14 years ago!
So no, you didn't dream of them, you just played those levels a long time ago ;)
Also: welcome to the forums :)
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
casa

Re: Help, i can't find this level

Post by casa »

Oh my!
Really, 14 years ago?! So i can consider myself a veteran of this game :lol:
Thank you very much for your help, I was really struggling to find this level!
I think I will download the older version to replay that level! :mrgreen: