The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Verbatov

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by Verbatov »

I mistook the "clash of heroes" and "clash of the lords". All the mistakes I've found are: Abomination "feeding greater" does not work. Bone pirate and bone marauder have the same price. If altawir level up an error appears "could not find the unit begin advance to:rol great flame". Could you fix it? It would be nice if you came in more than once a month :D
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

I found this in the logs:
20200103 08:36:05 warning help: Found a section generator that I didn't recognize: units:
20200103 08:36:05 warning help: Found a topic generator that I didn't recognize: units:
Unknown unit type : ROLElvish Vendicator
20200103 08:36:06 warning filesystem: Conflicting files in binary_path: '/home/USER/.local/share/wesnoth/git/data/add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/images/attacks/fire-breath-drake.png' and '/home/USER/git/wesnoth/data/core/images/attacks/fire-breath-drake.png'
Try out the dark board theme.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: December 21st, 2019, 3:46 pm I mistook the "clash of heroes" and "clash of the lords". All the mistakes I've found are: Abomination "feeding greater" does not work. Bone pirate and bone marauder have the same price. If altawir level up an error appears "could not find the unit begin advance to:rol great flame". Could you fix it? It would be nice if you came in more than once a month :D
:oops: Sorry Verbatov and everyone else who has posted comments recently. Yes I really do need to fix these errors. Unfortunately I have been quite busy and as I formerly mentioned lost the password to the add-on. Give me a day and I will fix all these bugs. I appreciate everyone's support on this!

Also I am going to add a new unit please post if you have any requests!! 8)

@Shiki - will do! :D
The_Gnat

Re: The Reign of the Lords (loading complications)

Post by The_Gnat »

WhiteWolf wrote: December 21st, 2019, 2:49 pm There's a bug in Eternal Lich...
That is interesting. The macro you mentioned {ADVANCE_IFHAVEANDCAMPAGIN (Lich)} has been disabled for a while now so it does nothing. Unfortunately that means I don't know what could be causing this issue. But I will look into that! :)
A sidenote as an add-on creator who uses debug mode a lot: I'm not sure if unconditionally loading all units to the game path is a good idea...
I'd suggest that the mod uses its own path and only loads the units when the mod is actually enabled. Note that I don't know if this is possible, I didn't look into how the mod works, this is just a suggestion :)
That is a good point. I actually had to relocate it myself when testing another add-on :mrgreen: . However, I am not sure if it is possible to only load units after the add-on is enabled. It might work for campaigns (because there is a second load after a campaign is launched) but if I want the add-on to work in MP I think it needs to be loaded at the start of the game.

Thank you for commenting though!

@dev's - If any developers have advice it would be appreciated!
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

It is not possible.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Multiplayer scenarios also support custom defined these days you can see how the mainline mp scenario "a new land" does it
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Ravana wrote: January 4th, 2020, 10:41 pm It is not possible.
Thank you for letting me know. :) I thought it wouldn't be but its worth asking, because I do agree with whitewolf that the number of units RoTL loads can be inconvenient.
gfgtdf wrote: January 4th, 2020, 11:37 pm Multiplayer scenarios also support custom defined these days you can see how the mainline mp scenario "a new land" does it
Thank you, that's good to know. I will keep that in mind in the future.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I have just put out a quick update 9.2.4 for 1.14 fixing the bugs and adding 2 new lvl 5 Drake units (the High Champion and the Imperial).

I will try to put out another update with more units at some point soon and please keep telling if you see any bugs!
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

Great job ;) but you didn't add one drake unit (Imperial) to the development path. I think you could add some more units to the ghosts and upgrade the lizards because they are not good compared to other units.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: January 13th, 2020, 11:12 pm Great job ;) but you didn't add one drake unit (Imperial) to the development path. I think you could add some more units to the ghosts and upgrade the lizards because they are not good compared to other units.
Hey Verbatov! Thanks for noticing, apparently I can't spell :P Okay great idea! I will look into adding some more advancements for them! :D
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

I was thinking what could you improve. You could increase the defense of The Khalifate units in the desert to 60%. I think you should weaken some of the units that are OP, for example Elvish Hierophant which is fast and has very high damage with a hit chance of 70% and The Prince Of Darkness which drains life making it very difficult to kill. You could still improve the "elemental race" because in the "pick your recruits" mod the message "found a unittype with an invalid race elemental" pops up. You do a great job, do not neglect this mod ;)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: January 26th, 2020, 11:17 pm I was thinking what could you improve. You could increase the defense of The Khalifate units in the desert to 60%. I think you should weaken some of the units that are OP, for example Elvish Hierophant which is fast and has very high damage with a hit chance of 70% and The Prince Of Darkness which drains life making it very difficult to kill. You could still improve the "elemental race" because in the "pick your recruits" mod the message "found a unittype with an invalid race elemental" pops up. You do a great job, do not neglect this mod ;)
Thanks Verbatov! I appreciate the comments. ^_^ I have made changes to the Hierophant and Prince of Darkness as you suggested. I don't know about changing the Khalifate because that would cause confusion with the mainline Khalifate units though? Is there any particular units you think are under powered?

(P.S. - I didn't upload a new version number)
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

So maybe You could change the defense to 60% only on units with higher levels?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: January 29th, 2020, 10:35 pm So maybe You could change the defense to 60% only on units with higher levels?
Okay yeah! I am happy to have a look at that! :) :) I appreciate your interest in the add-on and want to make it better to play!

If you are interested in helping I would rather individually adjust the units and make them better! For the rider lines I think higher desert defense would be good. The same for the explorer lines. For the apothecary potentially we could look at other changes. I was considering re-working the apothecary line with the new 1.15 changes anyway.

What ideas do you have, specifically, for what problems there are currently? Are the Khalifate higher level units generally under powered? If so potentially we could make changes beside just desert defense that would be better overall? :) :) Are they just not cool enough thematically, maybe they are not desert-like enough and we could do something to help them :D ?
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

I think the Khalifate is doing quite well. They have good and cheap healers compared to other nations. If you add 60% desert defense it will be even better balanced. As for pharmacists, you could add a "bomb throw" ranged attack for levels 3 and 4 of 1x12 and 1x16.
In my opinion, the weakest nation is outcasts. Many units gain strength only at later levels, and this does not fix all weaknesses. I associate outcasts with people in hiding who attack from an ambush. You could add "hiding in the woods and city" for Rogue, Outlaw and Trapper units. For the next levels Assassin, Fugitive, Huntsman and Ranger you could still give "invisibility at night". For Brigand you could give a longbow attack. For Cunningman, you could give treatment + 8hp. I think that these efforts would make this nation much more attractive.
And as I said, you could improve the lizards a little bit ;)
What do you think? :)