Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

edwardspec

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by edwardspec »

Andy wrote: January 8th, 2020, 2:24 amIw been resetting beelzebub many times because iw been trying to get book of magical swordplay/and fencers study for my demilich. I resetted it quite a few times and havent gotten a single book, and also frequently get errors and items dont appear.
Fixed in the latest beta.
Beelzebub will now correctly drop books.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Hi all, especially Dugi. Its been over a year since I've been here, and just decided to try Wesnoth (which means LotI) again today. New item interface looks a lot more professional.

I think the Gem drop rates might be inverted. I have no Obsidian, no Topaz, no Opal, but 4 Amethyst and 2 Black Pearls.
sid4g

Post by sid4g »

Thank you guys! I will be playing this campaign and will share errors if there are any. Some swords already dropped without errors :D
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

dabber wrote: January 8th, 2020, 6:10 amI think the Gem drop rates might be inverted. I have no Obsidian, no Topaz, no Opal, but 4 Amethyst and 2 Black Pearls.
SaschaTub3

Post by SaschaTub3 »

I have just finished the first of the two parts.... Is it normal that I couldn' t "continue" with my previous Lethalia and Efraim? I had to start a new campaign to play the second part, I know what happened to them but it hurts me (I had both Dugi's Wrath and Ward)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Yes, it is normal, since Lethalia and Efraim are 'asleep' for a couple thousands of years between the two parts, forgetting even their identity. Not to mention that they get looted of course.
dabber

Post by dabber »

edwardspec wrote: January 8th, 2020, 2:15 pm
dabber wrote: January 8th, 2020, 6:10 amI think the Gem drop rates might be inverted. I have no Obsidian, no Topaz, no Opal, but 4 Amethyst and 2 Black Pearls.
It is better, but still not correct. I have found low level gems now, but also multiple Black Pearls.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

dabber wrote: January 8th, 2020, 6:10 am Hi all, especially Dugi. Its been over a year since I've been here, and just decided to try Wesnoth (which means LotI) again today. New item interface looks a lot more professional.
Say thanks to edwardspec. He wrote it, I have only fixed some bugs and finished the integration of its tutorial. I don't have the necessary skills to make such a complex window.

I also shrunk its disk size by several megabytes and also its normal size a bit, by applying a local filter that replaces spaces by tabs. This has the consequence that most of the code on the server is different from github. The github's repository's readme contains information how to use tabs locally if you dislike spaces too.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Just got an error
"<WML> Warning: Couldn't find possible drops of sort=book in drop group=expanded_drop"

Also haven't found a book yet.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You will have to start the scenario from before the first autosave to get it updated. Not all code can be moved to lua (where it is updated any time the game is loaded).
dabber

Post by dabber »

As per past experience, I've been playing this game way too much. I got into Chapter 7, only to be attacked by elves in scenario 2. They are supposed to be "allies" and previously they never moved, but now they did and they were hostile. I submitted a fix on github, but I don't understand why they didn't move in the past.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Walkthroughs, Chapter 5, The Dungeon end
otherwise just have to attack her -> you just
defeated the boss -> boss.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

dabber wrote: January 9th, 2020, 3:56 pm As per past experience, I've been playing this game way too much. I got into Chapter 7, only to be attacked by elves in scenario 2. They are supposed to be "allies" and previously they never moved, but now they did and they were hostile. I submitted a fix on github, but I don't understand why they didn't move in the past.
User dalong76 has fixed it on github and it will be part of the beta auomatically released tomorrow.
Konrad2 wrote: January 9th, 2020, 5:04 pm Walkthroughs, Chapter 5, The Dungeon end
otherwise just have to attack her -> you just
defeated the boss -> boss.
The whole last paragraph was messed up. I corrected it.
SaschaTub3

Post by SaschaTub3 »

Konrad2 wrote: January 8th, 2020, 7:57 pm Yes, it is normal, since Lethalia and Efraim are 'asleep' for a couple thousands of years between the two parts, forgetting even their identity. Not to mention that they get looted of course.
Yeah... thats unlucky... another question: even if I ended the first part, there is no completation mark on it, how do I get it?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You should get it for each campaign whose final credits you reach.