Missing completed sign on campaign after update

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
CorotAlas

Missing completed sign on campaign after update

Post by CorotAlas »

Before I use portable Wesnoth 1.12.5, and I already complete some Campaign. For every campaign completed, there is a sign surround it.
After don't play westnoth for sometimes, now I play it again with the latest wesnoth 1.14.9. After I move all file in "userdata" from Wesnoth 1.12.5 to "My Games\Wesnoth1.14" I can use my old save game and all my downloaded campaign etc.
But when I try to play new Campaign, I notice that my Complete Campaign Sign is missing from all of my already completed campaign,
How to fix it?
Please help
josteph
Inactive Developer

Re: Missing completed sign on campaign after update

Post by josteph »

Campaign completion status is saved in the preferences file. If you copy the preferences file from 1.12 to 1.14 and restart wesnoth it should show the laurels again.

Regarding just moving savegames and addons, you could probably get some OOS errors that way, that's why we don't do it by default. https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/2710
CorotAlas

Post by CorotAlas »

I try your suggestion and it work.Now I know which campaign I already finished.
Thanks josteph
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

BTW, there is also the point that 1.12 saves can't be loaded in 1.14. This has me to still have 1.12 as well as 1.14, to finish the campaigns I started on 1.12