Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

shaggydoc

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by shaggydoc »

Sorry should’ve clarified, I’m on iOS iPhone version 1.10.5, I know it’s not 100% stable/bug free but was hoping there was a way past this. Otherwise I may be out of luck in continuing, and I wanna find out what happens to Efraim and Lethalia!
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

shaggydoc wrote: August 20th, 2019, 6:31 pm Sorry should’ve clarified, I’m on iOS iPhone version 1.10.5, I know it’s not 100% stable/bug free but was hoping there was a way past this.
:o What!?
Don't be kidding, Wesnoth latest version is now 1.14.7. You're out of date now, you can update by downloading it.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

The iPhone version is actually stuck on 1.10. The iPad version is up to date though.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
kelyk

Post by kelyk »

Looking for a bit of help here. I'm in Uria's den and I've been essentially everywhere (minus the super large map) and can't actually find Uria. I've found the pillar, I've gone through the steelhive, and I made it to the Antechamber of Ultimate evil. What should I be looking out for/what should I do to find the entrance to where Uria actually is?
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

kelyk wrote: August 25th, 2019, 3:38 am Looking for a bit of help here. I'm in Uria's den and I've been essentially everywhere (minus the super large map) and can't actually find Uria. I've found the pillar, I've gone through the steelhive, and I made it to the Antechamber of Ultimate evil. What should I be looking out for/what should I do to find the entrance to where Uria actually is?
Here's my guide...
Spoiler:
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
ManEatingFish

Post by ManEatingFish »

There is a bug when trying to start the scenario for the Bitter Swamps.
Something along the lines of the canvas is too short.
I'm running wesnoth off of the Steam shop.

Sorry, I forgot to get a screenshot. Also, sorry again if this is a repeat post.

Other than that I really have been enjoying this add-on.
At first, I was pretty apprehensive about the item system and everything, but after getting the hang of it I have come to really enjoy the game.
Power creep is a thing, but I can just challenge myself. Basically, I can send my leaders out alone and just wreak havoc. Beezlebu(g) has been squashed a few times.

Now that I cannot progress with the story, I'll probably set the game down for a little while and then revisit it and start this campaign over.

Thank you for all your time and effort that you put into this game!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

ManEatingFish wrote: August 29th, 2019, 4:51 am Sorry, I forgot to get a screenshot.
You could try to start the scenario and then make a screenshot.
ManEatingFish

Post by ManEatingFish »

Well an interesting thing happened.
I uninstalled the steam game and installed the version from the forge and I can play the bitter swamps now.
I tried reinstalling the steam version to see if that would get the error to pop up again but it won't.

I'll try some other things and if I can get it to pop-up I'll snip it for sure.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Hello Dugi,

I´ve been enjoying inferno lately with the news (flies, terrain changes doing things, black souls demons)...
Just killed four seal guards and got into the inner parts of inferno, now fighting in Pandemonium map.

Those inner parts are a bit dissapointment for me, I was looking forward for metting with flies. They are beutifully annoying on one hand and amazing for itemgatherings. I wanted to suggest to add into the pandemonium flies and on hard difficulty also black souls demon, as they are the most dangerous thing so far.

Also I wanted to suggest how about making different kind of flies? With some kind of percent-chance to appear instead of average one.

Fireflies - abillity to incinerate enemy, at least 20% fire penetration
Moonflies - abillity to lower enemy resitance for 1% per hit
swampflies- abillity Marsh fever, somekind of disease, which cannot be cured, but will stop itself after few turns, lowering hitpoints by 8hp per turn..

Also I am thinking about legacy of freezing north (iceberg), I find it quite boring, and somehow I have a feeling it is the one legacy mostly meele oriented (the others are more useable for everyone.

Thank you for your amazing campaing. i have been playing it for three years now, I guess.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Delicius169 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 12:32 pm Like
Fireflies - abillity to incinerate enemy, at least 20% fire penetration
Moonflies - abillity to lower enemy resitance for 1% per hit
swampflies- abillity Marsh fever, somekind of disease, which cannot be cured, but will stop itself after few turns, lowering hitpoints by 8hp per turn..
Could you attach the new flies images? I want to see that.
Delicius169 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 12:32 pm Also I am thinking about legacy of freezing north (iceberg), I find it quite boring, and somehow I have a feeling it is the one legacy mostly meele oriented (the others are more useable for everyone.
Yep, I think the freezing north's legacy are most useful for Scythemasters. Because they have whirlwind attack (Impact) if turned to Iceberg's form after gets legacy advancement.
Regards, Swampy.

Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

DukeSwampy wrote: September 12th, 2019, 4:34 pm
Delicius169 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 12:32 pm Also I am thinking about legacy of freezing north (iceberg), I find it quite boring, and somehow I have a feeling it is the one legacy mostly meele oriented (the others are more useable for everyone.
Yep, I think the freezing north's legacy are most useful for Scythemasters. Because they have whirlwind attack (Impact) if turned to Iceberg's form after gets legacy advancement.
LotFN is actually pretty strong on a lot of units, because it takes the strongest attack and makes it stronger. E.g., Dragon Rider charge, Dwarvish Hero hammer attack, and so forth. An additional bonus is the fact that you get an impact type attack. In the case of Dragon Rider this means he has 4 types of damage (and all decent with some AMLAs), meaning you can skip penetration altogether. Basically any unit with a strong melee attack can profit from this legacy considerably.
I do agree that the legacy isn't that great on archers or mages, but you still get some useful defenses and there are way worse cases (looking at you, Celestial Messenger of the Light).

What would be ideas to make the legacy more useful?
  • You could add movement on ice set to 1 to one of the defensive AMLAs.
  • northfrost aura sounds too strong to add IMO.
  • If you want to make this legacy crazy op, add resistant to slow at the end.
  • I can't really think of anything else that would be fitting thematically.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Whiskeyjack wrote: September 12th, 2019, 8:49 pm
  • You could add movement on ice set to 1 to one of the defensive AMLAs.
  • northfrost aura sounds too strong to add IMO.
  • If you want to make this legacy crazy op, add resistant to slow at the end.
  • I can't really think of anything else that would be fitting thematically.
But, if demon's traits have foul and/or slimy sometimes. LotFN unit needs to be adjacent to Human Duke equipped with Tome of Bards, Volume II's limited (ToBVII) and/or Legacy of Kings (LoK) and/or other Leadership/Inspire items. Or LotFN unit needed to equip Stormgrip, Fiery Blood or Virtual Void (as Iceberg's form replacement) to fight against impact-resistant demons.
Regards, Swampy.

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Did the beta version move to 1.15 exclusively or will it update for both 1.14 and 1.15?
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Konrad2 wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 10:59 am Did the beta version move to 1.15 exclusively or will it update for both 1.14 and 1.15?
You can try to pm him, but IDK that Dugi hasn't been online too long.
Regards, Swampy.

lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

It would be sad if LotI was not ported to 1.15