The Blind Sentinel - [Feedback and development topic]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Re: The Blind Sentinel - [Feedback and development topic]

Post by WhiteWolf »

DukeSwampy wrote: July 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm Certainly, when promoting unit to 'Banner Carrier', it becomes issue: Invalid WML found (I think) as become leadership lvl2 from abilities.
That's just a warning, you can ignore it. It's about an old syntax I still used there, the ability will work fine regardless of that.
After 'On Northern Roads', Vormund, Loivissa and Gildred has arrived on 'The Old Wall' by me. Two scenarios en route to Barag-Gor.
I think that's correct.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Now I am still playing this campaign second time. At first time by battling ships...
Spoiler:

Best Regards,
DukeSwampy.
Last edited by Major_Swampy on July 19th, 2019, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Finally, I've reached 'At the Gates of Barag-Gor'. Time to sneak in the fortresss. ;)

Best Regards,
DukeSwampy.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Finished At the Gates of Barag-Gor...
Spoiler:
And what has become OP undead?
Spoiler:
Last edited by Major_Swampy on July 19th, 2019, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Swampy.

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

DukeSwampy wrote: July 15th, 2019, 5:28 pm But there is weird is Gildred has already pick the antidote, and the poison effect is gone. But next turn, keep poisoning him. :doh:

After out of dungeon, the poison is gone forever in the next scenario.
Yeah, that seems to be bugged for that scenario. Oh well.
DukeSwampy wrote: July 15th, 2019, 5:28 pm And what has become OP undead?
Spoiler:
Yes, I remember Shadowsoul being insanely OP and underpriced. So far though it's only been changed for the Stone of the North campaign, IIRC.

In general, Blind Sentinel can be seriously unbalanced at times.
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

At last, after battling ships on 3 scenarios. Now return to Wesnoth (The great continent map).
DukeSwampy wrote: July 14th, 2019, 2:35 pm Now I am still playing this campaign second time. At first time by battling ships...
Spoiler:
Best Regards,
DukeSwampy.
I have tried without my promoted ship on second time from my above quote, but it's rather easy battle on ship scenarios.

But three questions:
Spoiler:
Regards,
DukeSwampy.
Last edited by Major_Swampy on July 19th, 2019, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Swampy.

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

DukeSwampy wrote: July 16th, 2019, 8:42 am I have tried without my promoted ship on second time from my above quote, but it's rather easy battle on ship scenarios.
Again, Blind Sentinel is not so well balanced :)
1. Why I can't undo after moving unit even revealed maps? Intentional removed undo? It makes me should restart turn. :doh:
2. Why Northern Longbowmens has reached its limit level, such as Loivissa? It easy to be killed even full hitpoints.
3. Weird, as I select women unit voice, why gets mixed male and female voice? Different with campaign the Ravagers
1. The first is a known bug. Turn off the soldier sounds, and that should solve it. It'll be fixed in 1.14.
2. Balance issue. Low HP is somewhat compensated by high ranged damage, but it's an unbalanced unit.
3. Bug related to #1 :) Generally speaking, all these issues relate to bugs in the code of the special effects. These have all been fixed in 1.14 for Ravagers, and when TBS gets ported, it's engine will be replaced with that of Ravagers'. This is true for all parts of the Underness Series.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Post 1
Finally,
Spoiler:
3 scenarios to go. But I was surprised by found weird...
Spoiler:
Post 2
Eventually...
Spoiler:
Post 3
And finally.... Finished this campaign.
Spoiler:
Thanks for my feedback, next prequel campaign is TSotN.
Spoiler:
Regards,
DukeSwampy.
Last edited by Major_Swampy on July 19th, 2019, 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Regards, Swampy.

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

DukeSwampy wrote: July 17th, 2019, 5:50 pm Post 1
Finally, found wicked Vertleck and betrayal Wargen, by reached in 'Enemy at the Gates'. 3 scenarios to go. But I was surprised by found weird, in 'Ford of Elensefar', there are 2 same blue side, such as 'Sandor' (ally) and 'General Harsh' (enemy) side. Same scenario with 'Desert of Death', mine is black colour. But AI has same colour side. How about your opinion about same colours?
I honestly don't remember. Same color for different sides is not cool though, so that's something to be fixed then.

This is an old topic, thus I expect not many readers are around, so it might not matter as much, but for future reference: please include key story elements, such as the death of someone, a betrayal, a side-twist, etc. into a [ spoiler ] tag. That's what this tag is meant for :) and story spoilers are not nice for newcomers.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

WhiteWolf wrote: July 19th, 2019, 5:15 pm This is an old topic, thus I expect not many readers are around, so it might not matter as much, but for future reference: please include key story elements, such as the death of someone, a betrayal, a side-twist, etc. into a [ spoiler ] tag. That's what this tag is meant for :) and story spoilers are not nice for newcomers.
It's done, and I am sorry because I don't understand about secrets on spoilers. All my posts on this topic have been included in spoilers. Thank you for warning me.
Regards, Swampy.

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

No harm done, thanks :)