Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

MarcinB

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by MarcinB »

avestus wrote: June 10th, 2019, 6:40 pm It seems i need another clarifiction. I've just gained my first soul eater level up... and no matter what I choose, my character's stats/abilities don't change. Does it only open the path for ordinary lvl up or should i see immediate effects? The help window inside the game leads me to thinking I should see immediate change, but i'm not sure.
Soul Eater gives new AMLA's which You can choose when You advance.
You shouldn't gain anything immediately.
if You pick Fireball then You will be able to learn fireball during you next advances
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

In Ruins, standing on the keep will result in your Dragon Rider disappearing next turn. BTW, Dragon Riders can't fly (seen in later scenario)?

In Reckoning, craft a Mastadon armor for the berzerker. Note that when you put it on, or if you move it to storage, it says +6% physical damages, but when worn it says +20%. I have no idea what it actually does, since the physical bonuses do not go up by 20% or 20 points, or even go up equally (relative or absolute).
Attachments
LotI2-Gladiatrix - The Reckoning Turn 120.gz
(516.51 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
LotI2-Ruins of Wesnoth-Auto-Save9.gz
(564.33 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on June 12th, 2019, 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

white_haired_uncle wrote: June 11th, 2019, 12:36 am In Ruins, standing on the keep will result in your Dragon Rider disappearing next turn. BTW, Dragon Riders can't fly (seen in later scenario)?

In Reckoning, craft a Mastadon armor for the berzerker. Note that when you put it on, or if you move it to storage, it says +6% physical damages, but when worn it says +20%. I have no idea what it actually does, since the physical bonuses do not go up by 20% or 20 points, or even go up equally (relative or absolute).
How Mastodon armor should work:

as armor it should improve physical defences by 20% which means that Your unit should recive 20% less damage(10% for impact).
example:
physical resistance 0% before = 20% after (10% against impact)
physical resistance 20% before = 36% after (28% against impact)
physical resistance 50% before = 60% after (55% against impact)

as gauntlets, helmet or boots it should improve physical defences by 20/3 = 6% which means that Your unit should recive 6% less damage(3% for impact).
example:
physical resistance 0% before = 6% after
physical resistance 50% before = 53% after

other bonusses are the same regardless of what type of armor You created.
You will have the same ammount of hit points, +X% to damage, +X% to magical damage, +X attacks etc
+X to [name] resistance should also be unaffected
only +X to physical resistances should be reduced if You are creating boots, helments and gauntlets.

I hope that this will be helpful.
white_haired_uncle

Thanks, I think I get it now, and the math that I came up with to get your numbers to work does correlate with what I was seeing as the effects of the armor. The catch is it's not the actual resistance that's being changed by 20%, it's the amount of damage taken (which is a function of the resistance).

Now that I got to actually thinking about how resistance is (probably) implemented, I'm even more curious about one of my units which has 110% resistance to fire.
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

white_haired_uncle wrote: June 12th, 2019, 3:01 am Thanks, I think I get it now, and the math that I came up with to get your numbers to work does correlate with what I was seeing as the effects of the armor. The catch is it's not the actual resistance that's being changed by 20%, it's the amount of damage taken (which is a function of the resistance).

Now that I got to actually thinking about how resistance is (probably) implemented, I'm even more curious about one of my units which has 110% resistance to fire.
After reading Your post. I think that I didn't explain good enough.

"Increses physical resistances by X%" works differently than "Resistance to (name) increased by X%."

What You wrote:
The catch is it's not the actual resistance that's being changed by 20%, it's the amount of damage taken (which is a function of the resistance).
is true for "Increases physical resistances by X%"

but
it doesn't work for
"Resistance to fire(or blade or impact etc) increased by X%."

For example:
Can You build "Spiritual Presence"?
This armor gives:
Resistance to blade, pierce, impact increased by 15%

this armor will always improve resistances by 15%
you have blade resistance 0%? after putting this armor You will have 15%
you have blade resistance 50%? after putting this armor You will have 65%

this armor will also always improve resistances by 15% even if You will create helmet.

summary:
Increases physical resistances by X%
reduces damage taken by X
effect halved for impact resistance
only 33% efective if you will craft gauntlets, helmets or boots

Resistance to fire(or blade or impact etc) increased by X%
value X is added to your resistance
duelist mage(60%) + ring of dragon bane(+30%) + sorcery(+20%) helmet

but some time ago there was a hard cap for resistances:
80% for arcane, blade, impact, pierce
and 100%(if i remember correctly) for cold and fire

maybe that was changed? or maybe this is a bug?
avestus

Post by avestus »

Oookay, I'm pretty sure that now something is ACTUALLY wrong. I'm playing the steam version of wesnoth (1.14), the campaign is donwoloaded natively thorugh it, mission "Gods", I attack (63,67) -> (62,67) with my Efraim and level up. No matter what upgrade I choose, I get -1 for number of attacks on ALL of my weapons. Any idea why is this happening and how to fix?

Here's the save.
LotI1-Gods Turn 20.gz
The save itself
(428.02 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
upd: Tried downloading the version from github and changing all aadd-on files, no luck, the behaviour remains the same ;/

upd2: Ok, disregard all this. Potions last only until next lvl up, right? I guess i missed that information, but now I understand that the reason is my potion of speed getting invalidated.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

avestus wrote: June 15th, 2019, 1:29 pm Potions last only until next lvl up, right?
That's correct.
white_haired_uncle

MarcinB wrote: June 12th, 2019, 5:23 am
but some time ago there was a hard cap for resistances:
80% for arcane, blade, impact, pierce
and 100%(if i remember correctly) for cold and fire

maybe that was changed? or maybe this is a bug?
In case it is a bug I'm attaching some evidence.

One of the Celestial Messengers has >100% arcane, and one Dragon Rider has >100% fire.

BTW, both Dragon Riders also have 170% defence in forests. No idea how, or if items are supposed to allow defences to exceed the Defence Cap listed in Unit Description.

P.S. MarcinB, thanks for the description of resistances.
Attachments
LotI2-Temple of Ultimate Evil-Auto-Save1.gz
(716.5 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
DrLocustTickler

Inventory bug after updated add-on

Post by DrLocustTickler »

Hey!

I'm really enjoying the LOTI2 adventure.

Unfortunately, after updating LOTI recently, I'm unable to put any items in my inventory on some of the saved games (ie. games saved before the LOTI update). The action seems to work OK with some scenarios, such as beginning a new LOTI campaign, but my pre-update saves in the Inferno chapter are buggered.

The bug isn't game-breaking -- I can still advance, but am unable to manage my inventory properly.

I'm running the game on Windows 10, Wesnoth 1.14.3, and the bug appeared upon updating to LOTI 3.2.4d.

The error message that appears when I try to add items to the inventory, and the save file, are attached to this post.

Any help would be really appreciated!
Attachments
LotI2-Transporting Facility Turn 4.gz
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 295 times
Screenshot (1).png
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

DrLocustTickler wrote: June 16th, 2019, 2:05 pm [...]
That sounds more like an incompatibility between versions than a bug, but would still mean that you can't salvage your old saves for the new version. Depending on the scale of changes, someone might be able to manually alter your save files to bring them up to snuff, but I have no idea how much work this would require (this varies from case to case).

You might have to wait until Dugi weighs in here again, but I wouldn't put too much hope into it.

Cheers!
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Atanase

Post by Atanase »

Hello,

Sorry for my poor English, I'm french ;)

I discovered this add-on Saturday and I found it so interesting that I started the french translation. I hope finish it around July the 15th. If somebody is interested by testing or verifying translation, just ask. For now, as I played only the 9 first scenarii it is not very advanced (nearly 750 sentences in 2 two days).

I have some little problems with the Unit Information panel. The words like "Blade, in forest,..." seem not to be present in the ".pot like" that I extracted from the .mo of the German translation. Do you have an "official .pot" with all the sentences and words ?

That's all for now, just one more thing, BRAVO and MERCI for this superb add-on. ;)

Oups I forgot : Wesnoth 1.14.5 Legend of the Invincibles beta.
Celui qui dans la vie, est parti de zéro pour n'arriver à rien dans l'existence n'a de merci à dire à personne.
Pierre Dac
DrLocustTickler

Post by DrLocustTickler »

Whiskeyjack wrote: June 16th, 2019, 9:24 pm
DrLocustTickler wrote: June 16th, 2019, 2:05 pm [...]
That sounds more like an incompatibility between versions than a bug, but would still mean that you can't salvage your old saves for the new version. Depending on the scale of changes, someone might be able to manually alter your save files to bring them up to snuff, but I have no idea how much work this would require (this varies from case to case).

You might have to wait until Dugi weighs in here again, but I wouldn't put too much hope into it.

Cheers!
Thanks Whiskeyjack!
white_haired_uncle

Konrad2 wrote: June 15th, 2019, 6:04 pm
avestus wrote: June 15th, 2019, 1:29 pm Potions last only until next lvl up, right?
That's correct.
In theory at least. I posted an issue with the Potion of Vitality remaining in effect (+10 max HP) after level up, against a previous stable version IIRC, though I'm pretty sure that's been fixed at least in the beta. In the attached (semi-recent beta), a dragon rider levels up on defense after this turn and retains the Holy Potion (yeah!).

Also related to the attached, is there some way to turn off those custom animations? The warlord isn't so bad, but that Northfrost Aura drives me up the wall (it's not so bad in the sand, but indoors where there is a blue/grey tint to the floor it sort of washes everything out, and the movement is annoying). I have unit idle/standing animations disabled.
Attachments
LotI2-End of the World-Auto-Save10.gz
(927.84 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

Champion and Shadowwalker have mistakes in their advancements.

3rd AMLA for shadow wave(shadow walker only) gives +1 damage to arcane attacks(it should give +1 to shadow wave)
if Your shadow walker will be equipped with holy sword... he will gain +1 to melee attack and +1 to shadow wave

2nd AMLA for crossbow gives +2 damage to all pierce attacks
if Your shadow walker(and/or champion) will be equipped with thorn sword... he will gain +2 damage to melee attack and crossbow attack
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

MarcinB wrote: May 27th, 2019, 3:30 pm all shops in chapter 5 were hostile
I could by items
I could attack and kill them
they were blocking my movement like enemy units.
I can send save
Fixed.
MarcinB wrote: May 27th, 2019, 8:28 pm i was testing legacies and i found that there is a bug with fire dragon legacy

Fire Dragon Legacy
last amla (explosive fire breath) creates new special melee attack
find Senell(Divine Messenger)
items - unit desciption
she has very weak melee attack with explosive
Fixed. The problem was that the code for bonus attacks was not running correctly in some cases.
MarcinB wrote: May 30th, 2019, 6:45 pm Shops doesn't work properly for me in new Lotl(beta version, last upgrade or part 2).
they are moving, fighting as allied units. Enemy units try to kill them.
I can't visit shop.
Fixed. It was actually a typo.
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 1st, 2019, 12:30 am Have Argan take the sword from inventory. It doesn't do anything.
Fixed. Argan's sword wasn't really considered sword.
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 1st, 2019, 12:30 am Use the Grim Knight at 16.17 to kill the Dark Adept. Select melee upgrade. The GK's movement and attack are fully restored.
He did not advance when I killed some unit with him.
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 1st, 2019, 12:30 am Also, I couldn't find an Amp in Amp1.
Dunno, this should be a showstopper bug in code that wasn't touched in years, which would be reported ages ago. Maybe you killed him already? I might be able to deduce that from a save file, but you haven't provided any.
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 1st, 2019, 12:30 am Check out Items on units on recall list in that save. Some units (Peras, 6th down) have gems?
This part of code is to be rewritten. Units actually hold the gems they have picked for some time, they are just hidden and have no effects. They are not hidden here for some reasons.
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 1st, 2019, 12:30 am Check your objectives, then send Efraim NW and make contact. You will get new objectives. Sort of. If you check them again, you'll see that they haven't actually changed.
You have triggered some events in unexpected order. I fixed it.
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 8th, 2019, 8:28 pm Use the swordmaster at 12.9 to hit the illusion at 10.8. He's got a 40% chance, so it should only take a dozen or so attempts. When you finally are able to get a hit, you'll get an [unstore_unit] error.
Doesn't happen for me.
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 11th, 2019, 12:36 am In Ruins, standing on the keep will result in your Dragon Rider disappearing next turn. BTW, Dragon Riders can't fly (seen in later scenario)?
I could not repeat that. Dragon Riders have a flying-like movement, they have low movement costs pretty much everywhere, but they cannot fly over chasms etc.
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 11th, 2019, 12:36 am In Reckoning, craft a Mastadon armor for the berzerker. Note that when you put it on, or if you move it to storage, it says +6% physical damages, but when worn it says +20%. I have no idea what it actually does, since the physical bonuses do not go up by 20% or 20 points, or even go up equally (relative or absolute).
The 20% value is correct. The 6% value is incorrect and would apply for boots or gauntlets, not armours. But this part of code has some rewrites waiting on a feature branch and applying them would overwrite any fixes on this, so I am not fixing this one now.
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 16th, 2019, 3:17 am One of the Celestial Messengers has >100% arcane, and one Dragon Rider has >100% fire..
All code for capping resistances was accidentally removed. Fixed it.
DrLocustTickler wrote: June 16th, 2019, 2:05 pm Unfortunately, after updating LOTI recently, I'm unable to put any items in my inventory on some of the saved games (ie. games saved before the LOTI update). The action seems to work OK with some scenarios, such as beginning a new LOTI campaign, but my pre-update saves in the Inferno chapter are buggered.

I'm running the game on Windows 10, Wesnoth 1.14.3, and the bug appeared upon updating to LOTI 3.2.4d.
Did you really mean buggered :lol:
3.2.4d is a very old version and keeping such old saves compatible would be very tedious. It just won't work properly. You can upload one and I will empty your inventory, which should remove the issue.
Atanase wrote: June 17th, 2019, 2:09 pm Hello,

Sorry for my poor English, I'm french ;)

I discovered this add-on Saturday and I found it so interesting that I started the french translation. I hope finish it around July the 15th. If somebody is interested by testing or verifying translation, just ask. For now, as I played only the 9 first scenarii it is not very advanced (nearly 750 sentences in 2 two days).

I have some little problems with the Unit Information panel. The words like "Blade, in forest,..." seem not to be present in the ".pot like" that I extracted from the .mo of the German translation. Do you have an "official .pot" with all the sentences and words ?

That's all for now, just one more thing, BRAVO and MERCI for this superb add-on. ;)

Oups I forgot : Wesnoth 1.14.5 Legend of the Invincibles beta.
Ce n'est past un problème, l'Anglais n'est ni ma langue maternelle.

I could make some verification. The German translation is not perfectly up-to-date. I don't know how to update it, but the guy who wrote it made a guide how to do it. It's in the first post in this thread.

How are you progressing?
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 20th, 2019, 1:58 am Also related to the attached, is there some way to turn off those custom animations? The warlord isn't so bad, but that Northfrost Aura drives me up the wall (it's not so bad in the sand, but indoors where there is a blue/grey tint to the floor it sort of washes everything out, and the movement is annoying). I have unit idle/standing animations disabled.
I don't think there's a way to do disable that effect. It's not really an animation.
MarcinB wrote: June 24th, 2019, 10:41 am Champion and Shadowwalker have mistakes in their advancements.

3rd AMLA for shadow wave(shadow walker only) gives +1 damage to arcane attacks(it should give +1 to shadow wave)
if Your shadow walker will be equipped with holy sword... he will gain +1 to melee attack and +1 to shadow wave

2nd AMLA for crossbow gives +2 damage to all pierce attacks
if Your shadow walker(and/or champion) will be equipped with thorn sword... he will gain +2 damage to melee attack and crossbow attack
Wrong. The damage-changing effects of items are applied after AMLA, so those advancements filter accordingly to the original damage types.