Casting a Wesnoth game with Hardwood - Danniel_BR (Rebels) vs Caritas (Northerners)

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rosecryptodotcom

Casting a Wesnoth game with Hardwood - Danniel_BR (Rebels) vs Caritas (Northerners)

Post by rosecryptodotcom »

Hey guys! I run a YouTube channel and a Twitch stream where I play games like Wesnoth. Last night Hardwood (a skilled Wesnoth player!) got on stream with me and we casted an old 1.12 game together. Here's the link - enjoy!

https://youtu.be/dqz4lvnjevE
josteph
Inactive Developer

Re: Casting a Wesnoth game with Hardwood - Danniel_BR (Rebels) vs Caritas (Northerners)

Post by josteph »

Nice work! Is the replay savefile available?
Hardwood

Re: Casting a Wesnoth game with Hardwood - Danniel_BR (Rebels) vs Caritas (Northerners)

Post by Hardwood »

Here's the replay.
Attachments
2p_-_Howling_Ghost_Badlands_replay.gz
(22.21 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Great work, guys! I look forward to see more your videos!
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Thanks for posting, enjoyed watching it!
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Poison

Post by Poison »

Nice one ty.
rosecryptodotcom

Post by rosecryptodotcom »

We casted another game - this one between Krogen (Loyalists) and Diggy (Northerners): https://youtu.be/su88FREOEl8

PS: we will be regularly casting Wesnoth games at around 4pm EST on my Twitch ( twitch.tv/malcolmrosegaming ) every Friday. Enjoy!
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

It was a really epic game, thanks for casting it.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
sergey

Post by sergey »

rosecryptodotcom wrote: June 9th, 2019, 12:15 am PS: we will be regularly casting Wesnoth games at around 4pm EST on my Twitch ( twitch.tv/malcolmrosegaming ) every Friday. Enjoy!
It seems you could rename the thread now :) The quality of the previous video was higher, isn't it? (I watched on youtube). I felt like units are moving too fast. It is possible to change the speed in Preferences -> General -> Accelerated speed (0.75 or 0.5) The content itself is brilliant! :D
Krogen wrote: June 9th, 2019, 4:11 pm It was a really epic game, thanks for casting it.
Could you comment on the eager village grabbing by the leader in the beginning? My assumption - it is Diggy's style, you knew that and mirrored him to have the same advantage?

At turn 21 you exposed your leader to lvl 2 Troll and Naga. It was a mistake or you decided to risk and set a trap for those lvl 2 units?
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

No, it's the meta on Swamp of Dread to go for that village with the leader. Especially as P1. Not doing it wouldn't change much, i had to retreat at first watch anyways.
Risking the leader was a mistake. Kill chance was around 50%, but looking back at it i already made a comeback at that point, so shouldn't have risked that.
By the way i commented under the video, where i react to many of the things said, these ones included.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
sergey

Post by sergey »

Krogen wrote: June 10th, 2019, 9:17 am By the way i commented under the video, where i react to many of the things said, these ones included.
Great! Your comments are extremely valuable. One of the coolest moments of the previous cast was your explanation why Caritas moved Wolf Rider near the Elvish Scout standing at the village (in order to stop him from moving to the keep and blocking new recruits).
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.