Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

MarcinB

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by MarcinB »

continuation:
Misanthropia and how to abuse this item.
Pick Elvish Incarnation with conviction 40%
buy ring of iced veins(first shop) and some gems to create 2 misanthropies.
You have 90% cold resistance penetration and cold attacks for any unit in Your army.

open misanthropia.gz
find elvish assassin attack beelzebub
kill beelzebub without taking any damage

my elvish assasin deals 49-9 focused damage after beelzebubs resistances. She doesn't have highlander or leader near her.

another bug from 4th chapter - scenario army is born:
Leaders doesn't drop magical items when they are killed by direct attacks(which create undeads).
Leaders drop magical weapon when they are killed by AoE attacks

open AoE.gz
use Lethalia Thunder or Aim attack to kill leader(see if he dropped magical item - he didn't).
reload
use Lethalia Thunder or Aim attack to kill orc with corssbow(leader will drop item).

Thunder(and Meteor) can be used as great defensive spell. My Lethalia has 91-3 thunder(aim) ranged, guided spell

---

Dugi:
4th chapter still.
I can't recall Ancient Lich and Reaper after scenario Bloodbath. I am currently in Library. I can recall living units
Dopplegangers are also disappering from recall unit list after few scanarios.
Attachments
AoE.gz
(544.92 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
misanthropia.gz
(526.55 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Last edited by Pentarctagon on May 26th, 2019, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined posts.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:33 am 4th chapter only

During 4th chapter Lethalia and her army gains special ability(when You kill living enemy you gain skeleton, skeleton archer, ghost or souless).
This ability doesn't work when enemies are killed by firecast.
This is deliberate. Only direct kills can create undead. AoE kills don't produce undead either. It would be too easy otherwise.
MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:33 am Doppelgänger can easily became incredibly powerful. You an give potion to Efraim and or Lethalia to create really strong units.
This was not intended, but it looks like an interesting gameplay mechanic. Maybe I could actually encourage the player to use them and make the doppelgängers weaker by default.
MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:33 am I summoned old unit(ancient lich) during Efraim adventures. He was summoned automatically with other undeads in scenario the first blow
open LotI1-The First Blow.gz
search for Ancient Lich
be happy;P
It recalls any undead except the doppelgängers. Fixed it to make it work only on the undead generated in An Army is Born and The First Blow.
MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:33 am other bugs
My assassin can't use option: alter advancement. It works great for other units but not for him. He gain additional advancement instead.
open LotI1-Invasion-Auto-Save3.gz
find elvish assassin, use option alter advancement
MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:33 am armor doesn't work properly(I have previous version of LoTI beta from wesnoth).
open armor.gz
find elvish incarnation. She is equipped with runners armor only. She has 10% blade and pierce resistance. She had 15% impact resistance(more than she should).
I found that blade-specific resistances affected the resistance to impact damage under some circumstances. Fixed it.
MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:57 am open misanthropia.gz
find elvish assassin attack beelzebub
kill beelzebub without taking any damage

my elvish assasin deals 49-9 focused damage after beelzebubs resistances. She doesn't have highlander or leader near her.
Okay, I made it slightly weaker, so that it has 20% cold penetration.
MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:57 am another bug from 4th chapter - scenario army is born:
Leaders doesn't drop magical items when they are killed by direct attacks(which create undeads).
Leaders drop magical weapon when they are killed by AoE attacks
The enemies killed there are transformed into allied undead rather than really killed.
MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:57 am Thunder(and Meteor) can be used as great defensive spell. My Lethalia has 91-3 thunder(aim) ranged, guided spell
You think it's so badly overpowered?
MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 8:55 pm Dugi:
4th chapter still.
I can't recall Ancient Lich and Reaper after scenario Bloodbath. I am currently in Library. I can recall living units
Dopplegangers are also disappering from recall unit list after few scanarios.
Because they were mistaken for the mass fabricated undead from earlier scenarios and destroyed at the end of Bloodbath. Fixed.

Post by 776 »

Dugi wrote: May 21st, 2019, 11:47 pm Which gladiators you mean? The multiplayer scenario? What was born on the wall?
It happened in multiplayer
Fill enemy point with unit
Enemy comes out of the wall
Create an ally in the wall using the effect such as purify to the enemy that appeared on the wall
Allies in the wall leave the field and take the village
Gladiator escapes using teleport
Fin
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

776 wrote: May 27th, 2019, 12:03 am
Dugi wrote: May 21st, 2019, 11:47 pm Which gladiators you mean? The multiplayer scenario? What was born on the wall?
It happened in multiplayer
Fill enemy point with unit
Enemy comes out of the wall
Create an ally in the wall using the effect such as purify to the enemy that appeared on the wall
Allies in the wall leave the field and take the village
Gladiator escapes using teleport
Fin
I assumed that and added a piece of code that kills all units of that side that spawn in a wall.
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

Dugi wrote: May 26th, 2019, 3:15 pm
MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:33 am 4th chapter only

During 4th chapter Lethalia and her army gains special ability(when You kill living enemy you gain skeleton, skeleton archer, ghost or souless).
This ability doesn't work when enemies are killed by firecast.
This is deliberate. Only direct kills can create undead. AoE kills don't produce undead either. It would be too easy otherwise.
Ok
I thought that Firecast with fireball = direct attack.
MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:33 am Doppelgänger can easily became incredibly powerful. You an give potion to Efraim and or Lethalia to create really strong units.
This was not intended, but it looks like an interesting gameplay mechanic. Maybe I could actually encourage the player to use them and make the doppelgängers weaker by default.
This sounds great for me.
other topics, except thunder
Thanks. You are great.
MarcinB wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:57 am Thunder(and Meteor) can be used as great defensive spell. My Lethalia has 91-3 thunder(aim) ranged, guided spell
You think it's so badly overpowered?
I didn't know if this works as intended. I don't think that this is overpowered.

I think that Thunder, Meteor are very, very strong in part 1. They are mediocre/weak in part 2.

During part 1 Lethalia has level 5. Thanks to this her damage can be improved by leadership 6 and warlocks rule. Enemies has less hit points in part 1.
Thunder(1 amla), some magical items and duke.... You can easile deal 100+ damage and kill large group of enemies. I won't use thunder in part 2 because i think that this spell is too weak aginst demons.
shops in chapter 5
all shops in chapter 5 were hostile
I could by items
I could attack and kill them
they were blocking my movement like enemy units.
I can send save
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

i was testing legacies and i found that there is a bug with fire dragon legacy

Fire Dragon Legacy
last amla (explosive fire breath) creates new special melee attack
find Senell(Divine Messenger)
items - unit desciption
she has very weak melee attack with explosive
Attachments
tests.gz
(339.22 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Lethalia picks up 'cures' when she AMLA 'heals better' to +8. She loses it when going to +12. Seems odd.
Attachments
LotI1-Escape from Oblivion-Auto-Save44.gz
(328.16 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

white_haired_uncle wrote: May 29th, 2019, 11:42 pm Lethalia picks up 'cures' when she AMLA 'heals better' to +8. She loses it when going to +12. Seems odd.
all better heals(9-40) should have build-in cure as part of ability.
She should be able to cure units without cure ability.

Dugi:
Shops doesn't work properly for me in new Lotl(beta version, last upgrade or part 2).
they are moving, fighting as allied units. Enemy units try to kill them.
I can't visit shop.
Attachments
LotI2-Across the Barren Land Turn 47.gz
(473.88 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
white_haired_uncle

Have Argan take the sword from inventory. It doesn't do anything.
LotI1-Siege Turn 1.gz
(433.53 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
MarcinB wrote: May 30th, 2019, 6:45 pm
white_haired_uncle wrote: May 29th, 2019, 11:42 pm Lethalia picks up 'cures' when she AMLA 'heals better' to +8. She loses it when going to +12. Seems odd.
all better heals(9-40) should have build-in cure as part of ability.
She should be able to cure units without cure ability.

Dugi:
Shops doesn't work properly for me in new Lotl(beta version, last upgrade or part 2).
they are moving, fighting as allied units. Enemy units try to kill them.
I can't visit shop.
Thanks for the info.

Shops worked normally for me, until I got to Akula's. What I'm seeing sounds a little different, they are not my allies, but I can trade with them.
LotI1-Northwestern Storeroom-Auto-Save1.gz
(765.77 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

Use the Grim Knight at 16.17 to kill the Dark Adept. Select melee upgrade. The GK's movement and attack are fully restored.

Also, I couldn't find an Amp in Amp1.

Check out Items on units on recall list in that save. Some units (Peras, 6th down) have gems?
LotI1-War Zone-Auto-Save9.gz
(826.79 KiB) Downloaded 269 times

Check your objectives, then send Efraim NW and make contact. You will get new objectives. Sort of. If you check them again, you'll see that they haven't actually changed.
LotI2-Who Am I-Auto-Save13.gz
(264.25 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Last edited by Konrad2 on June 5th, 2019, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
white_haired_uncle

Use the swordmaster at 12.9 to hit the illusion at 10.8. He's got a 40% chance, so it should only take a dozen or so attempts. When you finally are able to get a hit, you'll get an [unstore_unit] error.
Attachments
LotI2-The Last Enemy-Auto-Save6.gz
(445.85 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
avestus

Post by avestus »

Hello!
Before becoming a lich i took quite a many lvl ups on Efraim... are they lost now, after ascension?
I'm especially interested in Legacy of Light branch which took me like 3 lvl ups for opening up, illumination and heal, but now i don't have all those abilities. Is this intended behaviour? Do I get anything at all for my lvl ups before becoming a lich?

upd: He's also waaaay weaker then he was before turning into lich in terms of damage.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

avestus wrote: June 9th, 2019, 6:07 pm Hello!
Before becoming a lich i took quite a many lvl ups on Efraim... are they lost now, after ascension?
I'm especially interested in Legacy of Light branch which took me like 3 lvl ups for opening up, illumination and heal, but now i don't have all those abilities. Is this intended behaviour? Do I get anything at all for my lvl ups before becoming a lich?

upd: He's also waaaay weaker then he was before turning into lich in terms of damage.
That is an intended reset for balance (and, I presume, story) reasons. You will have to rebuild the unit up to strength (although: you now have different advancements! So you can try some new stuff!)
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
avestus

Post by avestus »

Whiskeyjack wrote: June 9th, 2019, 7:38 pm
That is an intended reset for balance (and, I presume, story) reasons. You will have to rebuild the unit up to strength (although: you now have different advancements! So you can try some new stuff!)
It just feels bad to lose progress for a very arbitrary reason. I've thought that funnelling exp to protagonist was safe bet because of how leveling works in this campaign. Apparently not and I would've been better off feeding this exp to other units. I understand resetting but having at least some kind of bonus carried over would've been nice. Right now I feel punished for making decisions I had no way to be informed about and it feels quite unfair :/
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

avestus wrote: June 9th, 2019, 11:22 pmIt just feels bad to lose progress for a very arbitrary reason. I've thought that funnelling exp to protagonist was safe bet because of how leveling works in this campaign. Apparently not and I would've been better off feeding this exp to other units. I understand resetting but having at least some kind of bonus carried over would've been nice. Right now I feel punished for making decisions I had no way to be informed about and it feels quite unfair :/
I can feel you there. Funneling exp to your leaders wasn't a mistake though, you will have to start with new units at some point as well IIRC and the leaders are considerably stronger than your normal units (especially Efraim), so the campaign gets probably harder, if you don't do it. And the campaign is quite long - your leaders will feel weaker for some time, but you have enough scenarios to get them back up to snuff.

Getting a small bonus for the exp you got on your leaders sounds like a nice idea from a player perspective, but I can't really think of anything good right now - what did you have in mind? You can always try and ask Dugi if you have cool ideas, he worked a lot with the community for this campaign :)
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
avestus

Post by avestus »

It seems i need another clarifiction. I've just gained my first soul eater level up... and no matter what I choose, my character's stats/abilities don't change. Does it only open the path for ordinary lvl up or should i see immediate effects? The help window inside the game leads me to thinking I should see immediate change, but i'm not sure.