Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
TrashMan

Re: Kurumin's Portraits

Post by TrashMan »

Kurumim wrote: January 14th, 2019, 8:04 am
The_Gnat wrote: January 14th, 2019, 7:44 am That is a really good portrait! Wow I am impressed! :D The left hand looks like it is in an slightly odd angle but other than that it is very well drawn!

Also I like the unique weapon he is wielding!
Thanks, haha. i really struggle with doing hands but i'll get it right sometime. ;)
The arm angle looks normal is he is cross-drawing a sword from a scabbard
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
ghype

Post by ghype »

i took the liberty to clean up some outlines and provide a png for anyone who wants to use this
Attachments
r2TGB5L.png
r2TGB5L.png (210.52 KiB) Viewed 3879 times
Kurumim

Post by Kurumim »

TrashMan wrote: February 26th, 2019, 10:33 am I really liek it. I know bearded elves aren't common, but it gives them a more serious flare. Especially like the body posture and expression.
Thanks man. I also find bearded elves really interesting haha.
ghype wrote: February 26th, 2019, 7:35 pm i took the liberty to clean up some outlines and provide a png for anyone who wants to use this
Thanks for the png <3

I've been away from the topic for quite some time, but here i am again. When i did this bearded elv i was trying to make it kinda look alike the wesnoth art style, but i think it didnt went as well as planned haha, so i figured why not try to make another one in my own art style?. So this one took me a few days do finish, and i really enjoyed working on it.

So, the idea of this one was kind of a hunter girl or something like that. Im planning to do a remake on the first one i made too ( the bearded ), and providing an png as well. Also, if anyone wants to use my art anywhere feel free to do so, just let me know in the comments below, im painting those just for fun and i think i'd be awesome to see them in the game. I'll be editing the main/first post of the topic to put the new stuff there too.

EDIT: I also dont know what size i should upload the images in, so i just put this one in 569x569 wich is the size that the portrait in the tutorial topic has. If anyone knows what is the right one please do tell me, haha.
ghype

Post by ghype »

I like your art style a lot.
but i think in this particular portrait, some of the outlines are too thick.
also I think the body proportions for the lower body (belly to legs) are not right. they seem too oversized

other than that. great job.
Kurumim

Post by Kurumim »

ghype wrote: May 5th, 2019, 8:02 am I like your art style a lot.
but i think in this particular portrait, some of the outlines are too thick.
also I think the body proportions for the lower body (belly to legs) are not right. they seem too oversized

other than that. great job.

The thick outlines were made in pourpose to vanish with the little white mistakes that were there when i deleted the background, lol. But I guess i may have exaggerated a bit. About the oversized proportions i think thats because of all the clothing she's wearing, isnt it? idk. And thanks for the compliment <3
ghype

Post by ghype »

well ... if you use the clothing as an argument that I'd say that the bottom part still looks much wider.
I take the arms as reference which are plated and seem rather smalle (esp. the forearm) whereas the bottom part is non armoured, only leather pants) but silll feel like that were stuffed of some sort of.

I hope my comment is understandable