Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

MarcinB

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by MarcinB »

Dugi:
Thanks for great campaign. I am really impressed by your work. This is the best wesnoth campaign.

yet I found a bug.
My Lethalia has 45%arcane penetration, 10 fire penetration and 10% cold penetration. For some strange reason she reduces all enemy resistances by 65%(sum of all my penetrations).
You may chceck resistances of enemy Wraith (-75% arcane, -15% blade, +5% cold, -55% fire, -15% impact, -15% pierce).

I downloaded game few days ago(new laptop). I have version 1.14.

EDIT:
All my units have this bug.
Attachments
penetration.jpg
LotI1-Escape from Oblivion Turn 31 bug.gz
(338.06 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
dabber

Post by dabber »

I can tell why your game is wrong - the [resistance] tags don't have apply_to="arcane". But I don't know how the LotI code to create that is wrong, or see any evidence of it changing. Of course, stats.lua is almost a complete mystery to me.
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

dabber:
Thank You.
I have a question:
Do You have this bug?

Should i reinstall everything? Can github version help?

I am pretty sure that this worked fine when i played year ago. Should I look for older version of wesnoth?
dabber

Post by dabber »

If you don't have the github version than that definitely might help. Note that campaign code changes apply when you start a scenario, not in the middle of one. I don't think the github version has this bug, but I didn't think the released version did either.
I've been mucking around with the code in various ways, so my computer doesn't match the github version. I tried switching the other day but my game wouldn't function and I couldn't figure out what was wrong.
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

dabber:
Thank You again. Especially because I thought that I will be forced to play again from the beginning(if I would reinstall Lotl or whole Wesnoth).

EDIT:
I installed Lotl beta(not Github version if there is difference). I still have this bug but I have checked that I have only this bug when I am using AMLAS and Items to increase penetration. My Lethalia after becomming lich(only items) is not affected by this. She reduces resistances normally.

But Lethalia as Seer (items and amlas) has this bug.
dabber

Post by dabber »

If you want to post a save in between scenarios, I can edit it for you to fix the amla penetrations. But they might come back when you level again, depending upon your code.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

white_haired_uncle wrote: April 9th, 2019, 2:42 pm The items in the cave walls were dropped when I "killed" BZB.
It doesn't seem there is some other way of making units drop items in walls. Maybe the code that makes items dropped in walls appear in your inventory when you finish the scenario in Jungle Hell could be moved to work globally?
white_haired_uncle wrote: April 9th, 2019, 2:42 pm In C2S10, the final boss shows up as undead in the description on the right side of the screen when he is selected.
Found the cause. The animation that made him appear out of nowhere was implemented by having a barely visible undead appear there and advance into him, leaving him the undead trait. Fixed.
zentner wrote: April 14th, 2019, 8:17 pm
Dugi wrote: July 11th, 2018, 8:45 am
jasper13 wrote:I have moved Lethalia to the southern border of the map in the “Infinite Legion” scenario or LoTL, but the scenario does not end. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be most appreciated.
Strange. Can you upload a save file?
Hi, I am having the same problem, and it emerged sometime around the original question, I even stopped playing out of despair. :) Where can I upload the save file for you? BTW, I updated BfW to the current version, and nothing changed when I loaded the savegame.

UPD: Tried the daily build of LOTI, not much help.
The problem is that Lethalia is not what she was meant to be - for some reasons, she didn't become a Preserved Lich like Efraim did (something broke in scenario Toxic Sun, but I don't have enough information to know what). Move Efraim there and it will work.
congdm wrote: April 16th, 2019, 1:33 am Hello,
My Duelist Wizard have Dark Dragon legacy Arcane penetration AMLAs, but they didn't give anything when I check then unit information panel. Could you check this to see if it's a bug? I'm using latest Wesnoth and github ver. of LotI
Because of an oversight, penetrations granted by advancements are not implemented. I'll try to fix it soon. It's fixed in master now.
dabber wrote: April 17th, 2019, 1:33 pm I can tell why your game is wrong - the [resistance] tags don't have apply_to="arcane". But I don't know how the LotI code to create that is wrong, or see any evidence of it changing. Of course, stats.lua is almost a complete mystery to me.
Probably something around line 374. I'll look at it, it seems that some variable is nil when it shouldn't be. It no longer appears in master, manipulating her inventory removed the problem.
kelyk

Post by kelyk »

Just a quick question for anybody with the answer. After the scenario 'Chasing Dragons,' will I ever see any of those units and the items on them ever again? I'm a few scenarios passed that level and I'm getting worried that I should have unequipped my units before ending that game so I could retain my items.

***Just a refresher, its the level where Lethalia and Efraim finally chase down the dragons and have a huge brawl with Asheviere and some orcs being their allies.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Dugi wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 11:42 am
white_haired_uncle wrote: April 9th, 2019, 2:42 pm The items in the cave walls were dropped when I "killed" BZB.
It doesn't seem there is some other way of making units drop items in walls. Maybe the code that makes items dropped in walls appear in your inventory when you finish the scenario in Jungle Hell could be moved to work globally?
I don't think item drops in walls happen often, but it does occasionally occur in combination with unit spawns and especially with Beelzebub (killing him too close to a wall/flies). I'd say: nice to have, but not really important.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

kelyk wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 2:39 am Just a quick question for anybody with the answer. After the scenario 'Chasing Dragons,' will I ever see any of those units and the items on them ever again? I'm a few scenarios passed that level and I'm getting worried that I should have unequipped my units before ending that game so I could retain my items.

***Just a refresher, its the level where Lethalia and Efraim finally chase down the dragons and have a huge brawl with Asheviere and some orcs being their allies.
You will get them back. In the next episode.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Whiskeyjack wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 11:19 am I don't think item drops in walls happen often, but it does occasionally occur in combination with unit spawns and especially with Beelzebub (killing him too close to a wall/flies). I'd say: nice to have, but not really important.
I asked that because I want to know if it could be abused somehow. If there was an easy way to make the enemies drop items in walls, it could be used to save time that would have to be spent on picking the items.
Konrad2 wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 11:53 am You will get them back. In the next episode.
Congratulations for becoming a moderator.

Post by MarcinB »

dabber wrote: April 18th, 2019, 1:51 pm If you want to post a save in between scenarios, I can edit it for you to fix the amla penetrations. But they might come back when you level again, depending upon your code.
Thank You very much. Luckily i started from the beginning and everything works good right now.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Dugi wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 2:29 pm
Whiskeyjack wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 11:19 am I don't think item drops in walls happen often, but it does occasionally occur in combination with unit spawns and especially with Beelzebub (killing him too close to a wall/flies). I'd say: nice to have, but not really important.
I asked that because I want to know if it could be abused somehow. If there was an easy way to make the enemies drop items in walls, it could be used to save time that would have to be spent on picking the items.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you there. I can't think of a scenario except luring/pushing (hello, Claymore) Beelzebub to a wall and if the player is able to do that I don't think saving time is the issue here. But perhaps I'm overlooking something, there are scenarios I haven't played in a long while.

Edit: regarding the new poll - some thoughts on the items.

Marrowrend and Soul Render are awesome items and pretty much the only way I spend my Black Pearls.

Scaryface: I build this rarely, but only for the resistances if Marie Byrd is too costly at that moment.

The End of All that Is: Never crafted it, my playstyle is to go for strong and consistent baseline, not statistical nukes. Might actually be strong on units with more than 10 attacks, no idea.

Gloombringer: I see no reason to build this (except possibly for the decreased chance to get hit) as there are stronger stat sticks to be crafted.

Soul Eclipse: Without good equipment, the drain isn't worth much. But if I have good equipment, I can probably craft Soul Render, which is a much stronger weapon, more versatile on the healing (works against undead and so forth) and with the much higher damage not even that far behind in defensive [healing] value (also, 30% arcane resistance difference...).

Thundering Revenge: Never crafted it. But looking at it now - why are you using Cunctator's Sword again, dabber? :D

Deathblade Inheritance: bland item, the plague weapon specials are pretty much a gimmick as far as I can tell (at least in scenarios where you can also have them - early on they would be strong, but this costs a Black Pearl...)
Last edited by Whiskeyjack on April 23rd, 2019, 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
kelyk

Post by kelyk »

Konrad2 wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 11:53 am
kelyk wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 2:39 am Just a quick question for anybody with the answer. After the scenario 'Chasing Dragons,' will I ever see any of those units and the items on them ever again? I'm a few scenarios passed that level and I'm getting worried that I should have unequipped my units before ending that game so I could retain my items.

You will get them back. In the next episode.
<3 you, thanks! Appreciate it!
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

Dugi wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 2:29 pm
something like scenario "where the sun does not shine"?
there is place where 1 bat per turn is spawned(29,9). You can use lethalia to kill bat with meleee attack and vampire bat will be turned into zombie bat(because of plaque). Next bat will be created inside wall.

Right now using this questionable tactic means that You won't be able to collect magical items. Right now You need two units (unit to kill enemy and second unit to collect item). If You will make this change 1 unit will be able easily kill enemy(100% chance to hit) and magical items will be automatically picked at the end of scenario. I can search for more places with spawn place near impassable terrain + long scenario.
Attachments
wesnoth.gif