RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.2.8- 1.04.2019

Post by TrashMan »

That should have worked.
Is the problem the same or is it something different?

You have to re-start that mission (11)from the beginning, loading a turn save will not work.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

TrashMan wrote: April 12th, 2019, 12:43 pm That should have worked.
Is the problem the same or is it something different?

You have to re-start that mission (11)from the beginning, loading a turn save will not work.
Yes the problem still the same nothing change. where suppose to be Lotion appears "Image not found".
I re-start mission 11 with a save mission 11. Is that the problem? I should re-start save mission 10 instead?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Ashendale
this one chane -> chance

EDIT:
Recruited Elvish Druids are missing the 'arcane shield' ability.

EDIT 2:
Ashendale
The retreat of the orcs seems very abrupt and seeing them on the minimap while you talk with the elf leader doesn't help.

Grave Matter
The Rings stack. And the description refers to them as 'wring'.

EDIT 3:
shock (mp), arcane shield, driven, brawler, determined -> Do not show up in help.
strongwilled -> Shows up in help as 'strong willed'.

EDIT 4:
Grave Matter
thretening -> threatening
Aque -> Aquae

Galad has no 'loyal' marker.

Royal Cover
a imperial -> an imperial

It feels a bit dumb that my unit act surprised about the Holy Water lying around after they were told that Holy Water was deposited over there.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

3Lorde wrote: April 15th, 2019, 6:35 pm Yes the problem still the same nothing change. where suppose to be Lotion appears "Image not found".
I re-start mission 11 with a save mission 11. Is that the problem? I should re-start save mission 10 instead?
image not found?
You mean in the message or on the map, as a unit?
Because that really sounds weird. At this starge they should all be regular core units, so it should be impossible that an image is missing.

I have to admit, I have no idea what is happening. Maybe something got corrupted at your end.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Also, the game seems to freeze a bit every time a unit is recruited. (Doesn't seem to be true for other campaigns.)
(I'd like to call this pretty much a critical bug, since this stretches the lenght of some turns soooooooo much.)

EDIT:
Healers do not gain any xp for healing units that are not on their side.
Attachments
Cots-Royal Cover-Auto-Save1.gz
(77.01 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

TrashMan wrote: April 17th, 2019, 7:20 am
3Lorde wrote: April 15th, 2019, 6:35 pm Yes the problem still the same nothing change. where suppose to be Lotion appears "Image not found".
image not found?
You mean in the message or on the map, as a unit?
Because that really sounds weird. At this starge they should all be regular core units, so it should be impossible that an image is missing.

I have to admit, I have no idea what is happening. Maybe something got corrupted at your end.
On the map. you can see on attach below. And Lotion don't speak anything.
Attachments
New world.png
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Royal Cover
trough -> through

EDIT:
The units that used 'Holy Water' in Royal Cover did not lose the icon that marked them as aHoly Water users after going on to the next scenario (but their attacks are no 'arcane' anymore).
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

I think the image not found might be referring to the old elipse (hero units) that is no longer being used? Did you have on map 11 on the heroes too?
I removed the referrence but if you started a game on an older version you might get that.

Honestly, re-starting the campaign might be your best bet. When a lot of changes are made, continuing saves from older version ca cause issues.

@Konrad - I have no idaa what is causing the icon to remain. The only fix I can think of it to remove the overlay for the holy water compeltely from the HOLY WATER macro

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Konrad2 wrote: April 17th, 2019, 12:34 pm Also, the game seems to freeze a bit every time a unit is recruited. (Doesn't seem to be true for other campaigns.)
(I'd like to call this pretty much a critical bug, since this stretches the lenght of some turns soooooooo much.)
Do you happen to have the old COTS tweaks on?

The campaign does have scripts that add traits and abilities to units on the go (for some reason they did not work when implemented normally) - like the arcane shield, but I never had such slowdowns myself.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

TrashMan wrote: April 18th, 2019, 5:42 pm Did you have on map 11 on the heroes too?
No(Just Ellderon appears the same way as the picture). Lotion and the elf Ithilien are on recall list. If recall them, no problem on mission 11. Just in New world mission they disappear and no dialog from them.

BTW, why has Aquae the icon of a leader and not Ellderon?

Edit: I return 2/3 scenarios and now Lotion appears. I hope that now work for Ithilien too.
Attachments
new world.png
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TrashMan wrote: April 18th, 2019, 5:44 pm Do you happen to have the old COTS tweaks on?
No.

EDIT:
Farewells by the Sea
wouldbe -> would be
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

3Lorde wrote: April 18th, 2019, 8:24 pm
TrashMan wrote: April 18th, 2019, 5:42 pm Did you have on map 11 on the heroes too?
No(Just Ellderon appears the same way as the picture). Lotion and the elf Ithilien are on recall list. If recall them, no problem on mission 11. Just in New world mission they disappear and no dialog from them.
Ahh..I see hte issue.
Ellderon doesn't have the icon because you started the game on an older version, that used the old elipse (which was moved a few Wesnoth updated before, thus the missing image).
I think it should be possible to edit the units with the right graphics, same stuff as with adding the loyal trait, except the elipse is added. I think it can be added, but the exact command and the parth to the graphic file need checking.

Since in mission 11 Lotion, Aquae and Ithillien aren't automatically recalled, they do not appear at start, so I'm not 100% sure if the code that fires on start that gives them the loyal trait will give it to them. IIRC, it should also affect untis on the recall list. Given the Lotion appears for you now, it means it probably is working.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
AlanSouza1993

Post by AlanSouza1993 »

Hello Trashman, how's it going? I really enjoyed your campaign, but I found a bug that affects two scenarios. In "Royal cover" and "Farewells by the Sea", when it is used certain mods, the recruitment of all sides get quite slow. In "cover" is still playable, while in "farewells" is impossible, forcing the jump with cheating of it. I believe that the size of the stage or the number of units in the field is not the problem, because in the scenarios of Tarth (that of the suicidal paladin) and Ashendale function normally. I'm using the latest version of the campaign, on the "hard" and using the "Reign of Lords", "Campaing drop menu" and "Unitmaker" mods. Thank you.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

I have no idea what could be causing slowdowns.

I did experience them once or twice, and on other campaigns too.
Make sure COTS tweaks is turned off. Double scripts running might cause the issue.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I have never installed COTS tweaks.

AMLA: Ressistance -> Resistance

EDIT:
Farewells by the Sea
First ship you can board: after it sails away the 'GO HERE' icon stays and you can still use it to end the scenario.

EDIT 2:
On turn 25 the defeat condition 'Turns run out' is added, but there is no turnlimit.

Anduin
itensified -> intensified
You took everything form me... -> from

A New World
Anti-venom:
slaves -> salves
deseases -> diseases
usefull -> useful

Valinor has no silver crown or bronze ring.
And his defense animations are not team colored.

Merle
begining -> beginning

Ice Orb
spehre -> sphere
...also increase their resistance to cold -> cold.

The healing potions on 8,75 and 51,51 look like arcane water.

Jungle Spider
becuase -> because

The scenario has no saurian leader.

The scenario objectives do not update after finding all heroes.

Poison Flask
poring -> pouring
It also makes the Ice Bolt I got from the Ice Orb poisonous.

I found some units around 52,33, but they didn't talk to me, instead one of my mages I found earlier calls out 'Thanks the Gods!'.

Past turn 18 or something like that nothing really happens, until on turn 30 monsters spawn at some random places. But inbetween you have 12 turns where you just walk north and nothing ever happens.

Hidden Valley
lush valley. Enclosed from all sides by mountains -> lush valley, enclosed from all sides by mountains.

The Council
handfull -> handful
archcmage -> archmage

Proving ones Worth
excell -> excel
suarians -> saurians

Apparently I can still recruit Cavalarymen, but Horsemen are no longer an option?

EDIT 3:
Just like Poachers, I couldn't recruit Sergeants before.
The 'Engineer' has no attack animation and his attack has no icon.
The 'Healer' and 'Priestess of Light' attack animations are (still) a mess. (And the 'proper' ranged animation looks like someone accidentally fixed a point between missle and the unit in place and moved both around it, instead of moving the missle only.)
Also, 'Priestess of Light' has no illumination halo.

courage
projects and aura -> an

Preparation
Did you mean 'Knalga' instead of 'Kalnaga'?
aditional -> additional
abdundance -> abundance
dealth -> dealt

If Ellderon declines to become a Crusader, he does not become a Grand Marshall of Light, he just doesn't change at all.
After Lotion becomes a Crusader he can pick AMLA instead of advancing to lvl 4.

The Sacrifice
I suggest using lvl 2 mages instead of lvl 1 mages.

Lua error.
lua error.png
Interferance (scenario name)
-> Interference
Attachments
Cots-The Sacrifice.gz
(85.15 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
Cots-Preparation.gz
Maybe the Marshall of Light thing went wrong here?
(84.65 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
Cots-Top of the World-Auto-Save1.gz
Crusader/Marshall of Light
(213.44 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
Cots-A New World-Auto-Save18.gz
Found them all last turn
(212.52 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
Cots-A New World-Auto-Save1.gz
(194.92 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
Cots-Farewells by the Sea-Auto-Save22.gz
GO HERE
(265.75 KiB) Downloaded 420 times